Girlfriend in a (pie) coma

Dear bikeradar diary, today was a good day but I'm thinking why don't men use lady seats? Seems utilitarian to me and if you've got four on the floor rather than three on a tree there could be a great more deal of comfort in regards the meat pie and dumplings. And why do seats have to be so inquisitional-like? A few extra grams on your bike for the sake of increased comfort seems rational to me.

I don't like clip-on's. I'm taking the bike in to get flats with straps next week and I'm wearing my running shoes (I don't care if you mock me)

I'm really enjoying this cycling thing. I go out every second day and try and break world records on my static on the off days. Am nearly at my target weight of 76 kg at which point im going to start doing weights for added strength and beach swagger, and try to get back up to around 80kg and try to maintain that.

Not going to change my diet (yet) despite all the advice saying otherwise. My after-ride snack today was a tomato (from my garden) cucumber (from my garden) and bacon (wish it was from my garden) sandwich x2, a large custard/vanilla slice, a couple of single shots and a Ciggy behind the tomato bushes. Sir Vivian and Michael Holding (my dogs) are impressed with me only smoking around ten a day. I can see it in their eyes.

Having watched the final episode of Afterlife, I think I'll have a day off tomorrow and stay in bed all day.

Thoughts on the seat and pedels would be appreciated.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    Do you have lady hips and other physicality's?
    If so, get a lady's saddle.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

Do you have lady hips and other physicality's?
    If so, get a lady's saddle.

Is THAT what it's all about! Thighige does explain it somewhat. Still getting a ladyseat
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Only you can tell if the seat will suit but best you appreciate that there are reasons for the differences between saddle types.

If your mileage gets up you might find your trainers are too soft - there are reasons bike shoes are stiff soled - resulting in foot pain.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I don't really understand the rather pointless 'Smiths' song title references. It's almost like trolling...
  • Obviously up to you if you want to try a woman's saddle, but I am not sure why you want to??
  • I don't really understand the rather pointless 'Smiths' song title references. It's almost like trolling...

Think of it as an early warning system.
  • If it is a genuine question, as far as I am aware, men and women have differently shaped pelvic bones. Women generally tend to have a wider pelvis and wider sit bones than men.

The idea of wider saddle for a man may seem like it would offer greater comfort, but it may not work out like that in practice I guess.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Is this Frank Wilson?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • I don't really understand the rather pointless 'Smiths' song title references. It's almost like trolling...

Who is this charming man?
  • imposter2.0

I don't really understand the rather pointless 'Smiths' song title references. It's almost like trolling...

That joke isn't funny anymore. Seriously.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671

Bigmouth strikes again.
  • imposter2.0
    orraloon said:

Bigmouth strikes again.
    He's already got a thread with that title...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671

orraloon said:

Bigmouth strikes again.
    What difference does it make?
  • imposter2.0
    orraloon said:

orraloon said:

Bigmouth strikes again.
    What difference does it make?
    I dunno. We're getting nowhere fast...
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    Ben6899 said:

Is this Frank Wilson?

Frank is far more inventive than this, you are doing him a disservice.
  • Who do you think you are kidding Mrs Hitler...(nazi reference, six degrees and all that. Only a matter of time. Call the Gazpacho Police!! (they prob have electronic shifting on their bikes)