Sick of punctures, What tyres

So this past three week i have had 12 punctures a mixture of front but mainly on the rear, i have been using GP5000 , so im looking to try another set of tyres that i can use all year around on the road. What are you guys using?
https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
Trek Domane SL7 GEN4
Planet X RT58
Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,663
    If you are having that many in a week it means you still have whatever caused the first one still in your tyre.
  • Marathon Supremes on the commuter from Merlin, that I will swap out for 45Nrth Gravdals if there are Met Office ice warnings. The road bike has GP5000s fitted on the wheels, but it's not been outside since October 11th, due to a four week flu and then winter arrived! :o:'(
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 983

If you are having that many in a week it means you still have whatever caused the first one still in your tyre.

Tyres checked everytime, glass and thorns have been removed. the position of punctures have been different everytime

Trek Domane SL7 GEN4
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.

• First.Aspect
    bikeit65 said:

Tyres checked everytime, glass and thorns have been removed. the position of punctures have been different everytime

Can't help you then. It's not the tyres themselves though.
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 140
    Could be the tyres, if they're old an getting thin, but then gp5ks are not the most resistant in the first place.

I had the same problem at hedge-cutting season, someone suggested using slime in the inner tubes rather than buying new tyres. Obviously adds a little weight, but the very next ride I had yet another thorn through, only this time a little splat of blue around it, and no measurable (on my track pump, so not the most sensitive, but still) loss of pressure :)

Given that it's about a fiver for the slime, doesn't cost much to give it a go.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,504
    I use Michelin Pro4 endurance - they are more robust than a summer tyre, but still nice to ride on.
    I have used slick gravel king 32s as well and they felt surprisingly nice as a road tyre.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446
    New rim tape needed?

Marathon plus on the rear, slow as fluck but don’t need to worry about punctures.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 983
    seanoconn said:

New rim tape needed?

Marathon plus on the rear, slow as fluck but don’t need to worry about punctures.

New continential rim tape fitted last week. even swapped the tyres rear to front
    Trek Domane SL7 GEN4
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.

• First.Aspect
    Could be worn out, but that's not a fault of the tyres as such.

I use them all year round in Scotland. Lot of shit on the roads round here.

If they are anywhere close to the wear limit they need replacing.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,360
    singleton said:

I have used slick gravel king 32s as well and they felt surprisingly nice as a road tyre.

I ran those tubeless and had a flat every other ride, tried two different types of sealant but gave up on them. Felt good as you say, but way too fragile for me.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,504

singleton said:

I ran those tubeless and had a flat every other ride, tried two different types of sealant but gave up on them. Felt good as you say, but way too fragile for me.
    I used them for a winter, but tubed, and had no issues at all.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,360
    singleton said:

singleton said:

I used them for a winter, but tubed, and had no issues at all.
    Maybe I should try them tubed, was wary of it after the supposed miracle that is tubeless.