ride cafes and wfh, catnap
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Good morning from Corvara
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    HD wins today so far

Hounds walked, work stuff then off to look around a heath club with the family. When I say look around, there is no chance I will get away with walking away without signing up.

Later is a recovery run on trashed legs from yesterday
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    The trial of Louis XVI.

Garden and house survived the overnight storm though it's still very windy out there.
    Sparrows are putting up a good morning shout somehow despite the wind. Bless 'em.
    Tricky is on a go slow. Shorty is a rocket...

'Health spa'. Ooo look at you. I thought you had a hot tub, wood burner and a fridge?
    Soon you'll be playing golf.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Pidcock-esque commute thwarted by chilly wind. Covid working it’s way through the house of oconn, booking 2 days off to look after poorly child. At least I’ll get some gardening done.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400

Good morning from Corvara

Brrrrr
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Windy windy windy.

Going to the gym then to lacquer forks and stem Thought about work, composed snottogram, sent message asking for some bits that I know will get biffed back but at least I have proof I asked.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Calm yesterday, not so much today very blustery things being tossed around etc. Think I shall remain hidden indoors. Did get out yesterday on the pedalcycle if anyone has seen my fitness can you let me know so I can pick it up.

Shiney bike photo because it's shiney, an i could get away with riding it in the zero wind we randomly had

• Top of the ladies downhill run at Selva.
    No beer yet
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    pinno said:

'Health spa'. Ooo look at you. I thought you had a hot tub, wood burner and a fridge?
    Soon you'll be playing golf.

I think most of us have a fridge 😂

No golf (now we don’t do the corporate jolly’s)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    HD def wins. Up very (for me) early to get to a rescheduled clinic annual check appt, got rebooked for 0830, on a Monday. Try getting anywhere in The City for 0830. And of course I was late, missed the connecting bus by 15 secs, annoying to see it pull away from the stop.

All done. Bus then walk then train then walk then breakfast. Then admin stuff. What an exciting, stimulating day.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited January 2022
    Morning!

Productive weekend - bike room is almost finished. Just needs skirting board and a second cabinet/locker. Rode to Canvey Island yesterday. Tip: NCN route 13, east of Tilbury Fort is basically the foundations of the Thames flood defence wall. Swerve it, unless you like riding over driftwood and getting London clay (from the Lambeth seam, I think) stuck in your brake calipers.

I would also avoid Canvey Island, unless you're looking for an arbitrary destination east of the capital to tick off some Veloviewer squares. Shiithole.

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    Ben6899 said:

Morning!

Productive weekend - bike room is almost finished. Just needs skirting board and a second cabinet/locker. Rode to Canvey Island yesterday. Tip: NCN route 13, east of Tilbury Fort is basically the foundations of the Thames flood defence wall. Swerve it, unless you like riding over driftwood and getting London clay (from the Lambeth seam, I think) stuck in your brake calipers.

I would also avoid Canvey Island, unless you're looking for an arbitrary destination east of the capital to tick off some Veloviewer squares. Shiithole.

sometimes i just ride off at random, no map, no phone, just get to around 50-60k then turn around

a few years ago i was out somewhere in the eastern sticks and looking for a route back west, saw a sign for ncn 1

cycle route i thought, what a good idea i thought, let's try it i thought

turned into several km of lumpy strade bianche about a metre wide, with low hanging branches and bits of homicidal foliage sticking out

took it at speed, totally coated in chalk dust, reaching the end introduced me to the novel experience of being glad to see gravesend
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    T'was a lovely summer day. Did some shed stuff to start the pile of drawers on my to-do list.

Late afternoon walk over to the other beach for a swim before drinkies.

Was rather pleasant and the tourists have mostly left. Yay! Avoided getting pinged by the rather large skate cruising the shallows.

Washed car, BBQ bangers and mash for dinner.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    sungod said:

Ben6899 said:

Morning!

sometimes i just ride off at random, no map, no phone, just get to around 50-60k then turn around

a few years ago i was out somewhere in the eastern sticks and looking for a route back west, saw a sign for ncn 1

cycle route i thought, what a good idea i thought, let's try it i thought

turned into several km of lumpy strade bianche about a metre wide, with low hanging branches and bits of homicidal foliage sticking out

took it at speed, totally coated in chalk dust, reaching the end introduced me to the novel experience of being glad to see gravesend

There's a running NCN theme starting up here, Sungod!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899

T'was a lovely summer day. Did some shed stuff to start the pile of drawers on my to-do list.

Was rather pleasant and the tourists have mostly left. Yay! Avoided getting pinged by the rather large skate cruising the shallows.

I mean, what's not to like (assuming they were veggie bangers).
    Ben

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    Ben6899 said:

We do a fair bit of veggie food, but yet to find a banger that's up to scratch. Soz!

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Afternoon peeps,

Busy morning or work and repairing the latest dog escape route under the fencing created by the local foxes. Bit breezy here so am hunkered down in the caverna dell'uomo till it all blows over. More meeting tedium this afternoon.

Got pinged by HR yesterday to tell me I'd been in contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid, but can still come into the office as long as I don't test positive.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Ben6899 said:

Productive weekend - bike room is almost finished.

Don't you mean Man Cave™?

• sungod
    Ben6899 said:

cauldron brand 'cumberland sausage' ones are quite nice, with plenty of english mustard, need to fry them in oil, grilling doesn't go well
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod said:

Ben6899 said:

cauldron brand 'cumberland sausage' ones are quite nice, with plenty of english mustard, need to fry them in oil, grilling doesn't go well
    These seem alright

https://richmondsausages.co.uk/our-products/meat-free-sausages/
  • Ben6899
    sungod said:

Ben6899 said:

These are the ones we get.
    Ben

• sungod
    pinno said:

The trial of Louis XVI.

i was thinking of johnson

ideally with the same outcome
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    step83 said:

sungod said:

Ben6899 said:

These seem alright

https://richmondsausages.co.uk/our-products/meat-free-sausages/
    +1.

They're pretty good imitations. Although as far as I'm concerned, you can't beat meat (not when it comes to food anyway).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]