thursday surfing the crest of the wave function

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

'ave it.

Vitus? Cadex? Trek?

Cadex. Cost me £40 frame, forks, headset, really tatty purple one.

its utterlyfucking lovely. lashings of 2Pak gloss lacquer to coat the lungs and bring out the bling.

going full Dura Ace 10 speed with a gold chain, 1x as it looks neater, Ritchey WCS carbon seat post, bare carbon seat, carbon bars, carbon deep rims, black bar tape.

was going to use some Time carbon forks I have but they don't look right so will respray stock forks grey to match.
    I've seen a couple of those locally done similar, and they do look good. If I'd found one at the price you did I'd have bought it for sure, but typical I've seen has been triple that.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

'ave it.

Vitus? Cadex? Trek?

its utterlyfucking lovely. lashings of 2Pak gloss lacquer to coat the lungs and bring out the bling.

going full Dura Ace 10 speed with a gold chain, 1x as it looks neater, Ritchey WCS carbon seat post, bare carbon seat, carbon bars, carbon deep rims, black bar tape.

was going to use some Time carbon forks I have but they don't look right so will respray stock forks grey to match.
    Please fit these downtube adjusters on those bosses:

They are DA and they are a brilliant invention no longer used.
    I have a pair available :smiley:
    Grazie mille but I have the original ones in the box together with the front mech hanger and the gubbins you take off when spraying.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

'ave it.

Vitus? Cadex? Trek?

I've seen a couple of those locally done similar, and they do look good. If I'd found one at the price you did I'd have bought it for sure, but typical I've seen has been triple that.

agree - its gonna be bendy and flexy but should look mega and as a sunny Sunday trundler when out with the bambini should be a winner.

for the price though, you are correct - even if it just sits there looking pretty its cost the same as an average bottle of wine so its no bad thing.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

'ave it.

Vitus? Cadex? Trek?

agree - its gonna be bendy and flexy but should look mega and as a sunny Sunday trundler when out with the bambini should be a winner.

for the price though, you are correct - even if it just sits there looking pretty its cost the same as an average bottle of wine so its no bad thing.

Let me know how bendy it is 'cos that looks great. If it rides well, it's food for thought.
    Being shorter and feeble, I probably wouldn't bend it much if at all.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

'ave it.

Vitus? Cadex? Trek?

Let me know how bendy it is 'cos that looks great. If it rides well, it's food for thought.
    Being shorter and feeble, I probably wouldn't bend it much if at all.
    will do! have just thrown the Time forks and wheels on it just so i can see how it looks and, tbh, not toi bad but am going to spray up standard forks anyway so at least if I want them they're done.

Tbh, like absolutely everything like this, its really simple and you don't need a 15 page thread on how you did it: get frame, get sandpaper, sand down, spray, build. sorted.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Tbh, like absolutely everything like this, its really simple and you don't need a 15 page thread on how you did it: get frame, get sandpaper, sand down, spray, build. sorted.

You know that I have no qualms about that, surely?
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

oh compketely, but its aimed at those on here who think that doing anything at all to a bicycle is complicated and deserves a public masturbatory sesh.

applaud/derise the final thing, don't think its difficult to do.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

oh compketely, but its aimed at those on here who think that doing anything at all to a bicycle is complicated and deserves a public masturbatory sesh.

Updating your steed with love and attention should be savoured, just like a doing a big poo after getting stuck for three days. You should spread it out over…no, wait. The poo analogy has stopped working now. All got a bit weird.

Either way, make it last. Celebrate every bolt that gets fitted, enjoy the feeling of gratification gained with each cable and screw. You should make building a bike last for weeks. Never mind this bollocks of just getting it done. It’s an art form.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Updating your steed with love and attention should be savoured, just like a doing a big poo after getting stuck for three days. You should spread it out over…no, wait. The poo analogy has stopped working now. All got a bit weird.

Either way, make it last. Celebrate every bolt that gets fitted, enjoy the feeling of gratification gained with each cable and screw. You should make building a bike last for weeks. Never mind this bollocks of just getting it done. It’s an art form.
    agree completely - building bikes is nice, a promotion of Zen within a task orientated towards the being, a promulgation of independant free thought thinking that should be instilled from birth and not glossed as, by all of the matching clothes brigade, as a black art, to be hallowed and witheld from everyone, to be priced out of the reach of the WORKING MAN for whom our machines were designed for, the blue collar proles that fuel the nations, not the white collar bourge, determined to steal, break and withold natural rights under the auspices of greed and idolatous wealth.

As for steed. whathefuck? its not a steed, its a fuckingbicycle. Fuckingsteed. Forfuckssakes.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

agree completely - building bikes is nice, a promotion of Zen within a task orientated towards the being, a promulgation of independant free thought thinking that should be instilled from birth and not glossed as, by all of the matching clothes brigade, as a black art, to be hallowed and witheld from everyone, to be priced out of the reach of the WORKING MAN for whom our machines were designed for, the blue collar proles that fuel the nations, not the white collar bourge, determined to steal, break and withold natural rights under the auspices of greed and idolatous wealth.

As for steed. whathefuck? its not a steed, its a fuckingbicycle. Fuckingsteed. Forfuckssakes.
    Of course it’s a steed. You don’t take two days wrapping bar tape on a fuckingbikeforfuckssake do you? It’s a steed, pure and simple. It’s to be cosseted and loved and every - EVERY - nut and bolt needs to be publicly celebrated by everyone via long-winded essays and a couple of pictures.
  • MattFalle
    its not a steed.

Call it that once more and i'll come over and give you a massive Chinese Burn.

Steed. Fuckingsteed. Forfuckssake.
  • MattFalle
    anyway, there's only about 7 bolts on a bike. even me, the Lord of Procrastination can't milk this one out.

Post build discussion, yes - just look at THE JOY that is Dirk as detailed elsewhere on these hallowed pages - but the actual build?

Nah, fam.
  • johngti
    Obviously mine isn’t a steed, I’m not going to go to that much trouble when I do something. Couple of pics, quick description, job jobbed. But when you take two days to install derailleurs you don’t just ride a bike do you?

And if you’re threatening a Chinese burn, be prepared for the retaliation of a nipple twist. Just saying.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    mrs gale, steed

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Obviously mine isn’t a steed, I’m not going to go to that much trouble when I do something. Couple of pics, quick description, job jobbed. But when you take two days to install derailleurs you don’t just ride a bike do you?

And if you’re threatening a Chinese burn, be prepared for the retaliation of a nipple twist. Just saying.

how can you take 2 days to install derailleurs? its two bolts, 2 cables and 4 screws.

are you holding the allen keys and scewdrivers in your ears?

if it is taking you that long then its a mega effort - fair play. i dof my cap to you.

nipple twist, eh. nasty.

#harshbutfair
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

how can you take 2 days to install derailleurs? its two bolts, 2 cables and 4 screws.

if it is taking you that long then its a mega effort - fair play. i dof my cap to you.

nipple twist, eh. nasty.

#harshbutfair
    You commented on the thread, MF. I’m the wrong person to ask that question to. When I build a bike it gets done asap.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

nipple twist, eh. nasty.

#harshbutfair
    You commented on the thread, MF. I’m the wrong person to ask that question to. When I build a bike it gets done asap.
    ah yes, that dude. sorry, i thought ypu meant yourself. a million apologies.

how did it take him two days to fit two derailleurs? was he holding the two allen keys and two screwdrivers in his ears?
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

nipple twist, eh. nasty.

#harshbutfair
    It takes 10 minutes to fit and the rest of the time trying to watch YouTube clips on how to set it up.
    so not having youtube bicycle man on one tab anf filthound on the other?

ah, gotcha.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

nipple twist, eh. nasty.

#harshbutfair
    ah yes, that dude. sorry, i thought ypu meant yourself. a million apologies.

how did it take him two days to fit two derailleurs? was he holding the two allen keys and two screwdrivers in his ears?
    Zero apologies called for. I reckon you’d have enjoyed the nipple twist. Maybe a bit TOO much…
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    edited January 2022
    johngti said:

Reminds me of this:

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I can put a bike together in no time - properly. Then you spend eons faffing with cable lengths.

It's still not a bloody steed. Knuckle rub on yer bonce Gti is a coming.
  • pinno
    edited January 2022
    MattFalle said:

#MarxbuddhaMF.

Epic. Mind blowing. Prophetic.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

I can put a bike together in no time - properly. Then you spend eons faffing with cable lengths.

You can have a nipple tweak too then! And then write “I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process” 100 times.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

pinno said:

You can have a nipple tweak too then! And then write “I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process” 100 times.
    Oh.

• pinno
    edited January 2022
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process...
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process..
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process.
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process....
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process.
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process..
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process...

• johngti
    Well done Pinno 🤣🤣
  • pinno
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process
    I will read what JT writes properly in future so as to be clear that he wouldn’t call his bike a steed and was in fact referring to the lad who did really simple jobs really slowly on his newly repainted bike in a different thread as he was so busy writing essays about the process....
  • pinno

• pinno
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    That's almost as boring as Stevo's cakestopper baiting obsession