friday will no one think of the geese

'ning

nippy again, but should be a brighter start

ride cafes, much wfh-ing, possible lands of sands mission seems to be back, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chilled run with hounds, work stuff then friends over for dinner
  • tlw1
    edited January 2022
    Re the geese - often think of them as a mate breeds and sells them.

From late spring you see them grow and grow, then disappear and then lots of cars go to his farm on the week leading up to Christmas
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    tlw1 said:

Re the geese - often think of them as a mate breads and sells them.

Wholemeal or white?

To the woods, to the woods again. Today will be scrub clearing and deer fence fettling; keep those springheeled muntjacs off the fresh coppice growth. Looks like will stay dry and not too chilly.
  • tlw1
    orraloon said:

tlw1 said:

Re the geese - often think of them as a mate breads and sells them.

Wholemeal or white?

😂 bloody autocorrect / eyes still shut
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sparrow's are in the privet having a good chat and they're all shouting and trying to make themselves heard. It's quite the cacophony.
    Not a lot on today's cards. Back and front feels a bit tight after yesterday's ABS session.
    It's oddly mild. Very cold in the East and very cold in the West and in between a mild wedge. Still a bit to go before spring.

We need Wolves and Boar 'Loon. That'll keep the roaming grazer population down. Wild bacon sandwiches. What could be better?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

^ a bit random innit? What did I miss?

• tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

What’s the thread called?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Last year 11 lesson pre-mocks next week at the mo. Been a mad week for cover work so glad that’s over. Last game of the proper season tomorrow and, joy of joys, its a home game with a 9.30am kick off. Result! Then there’s just the West Country tour to go. Curry to look forward to this evening, and a vague hope that the cold I’ve been enjoying since the weekend finally does one and goes away. Need to get biking again, got ride London to prepare for. Couldn’t even manage a 20 mile ride at the moment. I have started to organise a work bike ride for the end of February though, which is nice. Bit of company for a nice social ride to a nice cafe.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No Geese here though there was a momentary power blip the other day as a swan flew into a 33k volt power line, blip being as the power swapped to another line. Apparently it lit up the sky with a blue flash.

Anyway not much of interest to report bar that, an social rides? I miss those local bike club melted away just as Covid kicked off so its been solo slogging for the last couple of years now. Muchly depressing.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Bright but cold but lovely tbh.

Heading to gym in a minute, ignore as much work stuff as I can, spray some forks ready for lacquering tomorrow, probably some stuff as well.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2022
    Busy morning here as we were closing a decent sized acquisition of another company so had to make sure that the cash was on its merry way through the banking system before we could relax with a coffee. My able blonde Polish assistant did a good job so will need to find a way of rewarding her.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited January 2022
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

No, what did the auto correct do?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

My able blonde Polish assistant did a good job so will need to find a way of rewarding her.

Cunnilingus?

• pinno
    There's loads of Geese here and along the Solway. I have to laugh when locals say 'they're flying south for the winter'. Nope - this is 'South' for them.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

My able blonde Polish assistant did a good job so will need to find a way of rewarding her.

Cunnilingus?

She might think I was offering her flights on a budget Irish airline.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Busy morning here as we were closing a decent sized acquisition of another company so had to make sure that the cash was on its merry way through the banking system before we could relax with a coffee. My able blonde Polish assistant did a good job so will need to find a way of rewarding her.

send her up to the mezzanine and she can prepare these forks for painting.
  • Stevo_666
    Is painting your fork a euphemism?
  • Work followed by a quick trip to the Trafford centre as MrsHD bought me a belt which looks like it's been designed around some freakishly skinny emo kid.
    Kindle and music arranging, frantic last minute panic buying of pork pies for the transfer and plotting a background for the 5am beer photo.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

only if she offers to fiddle with my bearings....
  • MattFalle
    anyway, misty moisty piccie - fork steerer on Time forks is too short so standard forks to be used, but you get the gist.

i'll get some proper pics when/if the sun shines...

• MattFalle

• pinno
    Ditch those forks. They're 'orrible. Just 'orrible.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

only if she offers to fiddle with my bearings....
    As long as she isn't fiddling with your BB. We've had enough BB fiddling here recently on the 50 somethings.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Ditch those forks. They're 'orrible. Just 'orrible.

consider it done - heading into the purpose built workshop/spray booth now to prep original forks.
  • Have you not called it a man cave? Everyone and their gran seems to be banding that phrase around these days.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Have you not called it a man cave? Everyone and their gran seems to be banding that phrase around these days.

Depending on the paint colour, it would be more like a tan cave.
  • MattFalle

Have you not called it a man cave? Everyone and their gran seems to be banding that phrase around these days.

no, because i'm not abellend.

its actually called "the oubliette" around la famiglia.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Bellendcave doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Bellendcave doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
    not exactly the snappiest catchline is it, however it suit perfectly all the clubbies who have pain caves and man caves and fingerbumming themselves caves...