'Ning

Run
    WFW
    Gym

Not yet sure of the order
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Morning

Went to bed feeling great and woke up with a bad ferkin back (worse than normal) so walk rather than run with the dogs.

Work snizzle and then meant to be some interval work
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    edited January 2022
    tlw1 said:

Morning

Went to bed feeling great and woke up with a bad ferkin back (worse than normal) so walk rather than run with the dogs.

You've peaked.

A) How far is that running c2c anyway?
    B.) Aren't you killing yourself too early?
    C) Why?
    D) Why?
    E) Why?

Ferkin dark here so dunno wot shade of grey it's going to be.
    Girls got up extra early. Tricky lost 'pink turtle'. Has anyone seen pink turtle? For god's sake some please find 'pink turtle'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    No sign of pink turtle, found off beige turtle if thats a decent substitute, just explain its feeling a little unwell an lost its colour.

Very little occurring here grey and dull brisk 1c I'm currently sat at my desk enjoying the fact that I shoved said desk on the wall where the radiator is so my legs are lovely an toasty, god knows what it's doing to the Ikea desk though, nothing good i would suspect.

Does anyone have any cheese? OH wants cheese on toast but we are lacking on the cheese front.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Morning

You've peaked.

C) Why?
    D) Why?
    E) Why?

A - there seems no consistency on distance - somewhere between 175 to 190 miles
    B - only time will tell
    C - I like a challenge that I don’t think I can do
    D - agreed to not absolutely cane it and do it over 4 days so pub stops with the current wife
    E - opportunity to raise some cash for macmillan
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Morning

You've peaked.

C) Why?
    D) Why?
    E) Why?

Ferkin dark here so dunno wot shade of grey it's going to be.
    Girls got up extra early. Tricky lost 'pink turtle'. Has anyone seen pink turtle? For god's sake some please find 'pink turtle'.
    Buy one on Amazon and 'find' it later this week
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Turtle lost in house! http://www.turtleforum.com/forum/upload/index.php?/forums/topic/80293-turtle-lost-in-house/

D-1 before work work this week. Gym sesh beckons, boring claggy cold and grey so not bike ride motivated, add some leg machine variations as discussed with chiro. Then hunt down some wild haggis etc for experimental no, traditional recipe for later as daughter coming round to celebrate Burns Night, och aye.

• Stevo_666
    edited January 2022
    step83 said:

No sign of pink turtle, found off beige turtle if thats a decent substitute, just explain its feeling a little unwell an lost its colour.

Very little occurring here grey and dull brisk 1c I'm currently sat at my desk enjoying the fact that I shoved said desk on the wall where the radiator is so my legs are lovely an toasty, god knows what it's doing to the Ikea desk though, nothing good i would suspect.

Does anyone have any cheese? OH wants cheese on toast but we are lacking on the cheese front.

I do the same thing with my desk but it's a cheapo job so I don't care too much if the heat wrecks it.

Got the heaters going here as its a bit chilly. Not much going on here, Mrs 666 is having a larder delivered and is stressing about that. Luckily I'm in the man cave away from all that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

I do the same thing with my desk but it's a cheapo job so I don't care too much if the heat wrecks it.

Got the heaters going here as its a bit chilly. Not much going on here, Mrs 66 6 s having a larder delivered and is stressing about that. Luckily I'm in the man cave away from all that.
    Yeah I keep threatening to make a proper desk with some reclaimed timber but time and effort would be required there. What I have works so till it falls apart or catches fire it will do.

Larder delivered? Guessing it's one of those upright jobbies not like mine which is a hole in the wall with a door on it
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Got the heaters going here as its a bit chilly. Not much going on here, Mrs 66 6 s having a larder delivered and is stressing about that. Luckily I'm in the man cave away from all that.
    Yeah I keep threatening to make a proper desk with some reclaimed timber but time and effort would be required there. What I have works so till it falls apart or catches fire it will do.

Larder delivered? Guessing it's one of those upright jobbies not like mine which is a hole in the wall with a door on it
    Yep, its one of those freestanding upright jobbies so she can store all her healthy stuff that doesn't need to go in the fridge.

I will get round to ordering a better desk for myself at some point this year - maybe one of those L shaped ones, but then I might not be so keen about toasting it over the electric heater on the wall.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

If it catches fire, smash it in bits and chuck...
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Turtle lost in house! http://www.turtleforum.com/forum/upload/index.php?/forums/topic/80293-turtle-lost-in-house/

D-1 before work work this week. Gym sesh beckons, boring claggy cold and grey so not bike ride motivated, add some leg machine variations as discussed with chiro. Then hunt down some wild haggis etc for experimental no, traditional recipe for later as daughter coming round to celebrate Burns Night, och aye.

Shorty is the only one in her class who selected Haggis for lunch. I told you that they weren't proper Jocks around here. Damn Galloway Irish.
  • pinno
    The lost Pink turtle saga has been resolved but has thrown up some intrigue.
    The suspects: Me, Mrs Pinno and Shorty.
    I wasn't up at the time of the claimed incident.
    Mrs P was busy downstairs crashing around. I think she was emptying the dishwasher.
    Shorty was reading some Roald Dahl.

The Pink turtle? Deep inside the quilt cover - towards the top. Too deep for it to have got there by accident. That leaves one prime suspect - Tricky herself.
    We are not sure we will get a reason why. Perhaps not for a few weeks - she tells the truth way after the event. That way it's hard for us to reprimand her if her actions were dodgy.

Case in point: Carter. Poor Carter. Carter is in P1. He thinks Tricky is the Bees knees. Well, he thought Tricky was the bees knees until she marched him in to the office by the scruff and said that he had been swearing.
    Except he hadn't.
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Morning

You've peaked.

C) Why?
    D) Why?
    E) Why?

A - there seems no consistency on distance - somewhere between 175 to 190 miles
    B - only time will tell
    C - I like a challenge that I don’t think I can do
    D - agreed to not absolutely cane it and do it over 4 days so pub stops with the current wife
    ^ all bollox.
    tlw1 said:

E - opportunity to raise some cash for macmillan

^ this. This is good. Why didn't you say so in the first place?

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Case in point: Carter. Poor Carter. Carter is in P1. He thinks Tricky is the Bees knees. Well, he thought Tricky was the bees knees until she marched him in to the office by the scruff and said that he had been swearing.
    Except he hadn't.

If she does that to every school kid in your neck of the woods she'll be quite busy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day in the orifice, another grey wobble in through the gloom. At least I got to ride my bike. I was due to wfh tomorrow, but my boss is till testing +ve for the plague. So I should come in to cover, but I've got a serious case of cba. I've got a supplier coming to see me as well, although we could meet closer to home for a coffee if I wfh. He's coming from Norff Wales so I should be nice to him, and Kingston is significantly nicer than Hanworth.
    I hate computer systems, although as a friend said we seem to have computers that aren't working as a system.
    Glad pink turtle has been found, thought it might be time to #prayforpinkturtle
    Why not just donate to Macmillan and skip the running? Sounds like a much better idea.
    Got cheese at home Step, but I'm not at home so can't really help at the moment. Suspect it may be a bit late by now.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    step83 said:

There's a (currently closed) cafe place near the office which I went past at lunchtime. They advertise grilled cheese on toast*

* = "contains cheese and bread"

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Gym gymed. Added some leg press action, with the v slow release. Shows how riding my bike develops some but def not all leg muscles, 'kin hurt.

Rounded down some freerange haggis, took a bit of doing, don't like the battery farmed sort imported from massive Danish sheds. Tonight's first time evah made main dish will be Balmoral Chicken complete with the (v cheapo brand) flambé whisky sauce.

Now if whisky sauce was on the school dinners menu, then I predict significant 'ooh yes please' for the haggis option.
  • I saw a brown turtle earlier if that counts?

Work stuff followed by packing.

Now is the time to start diverting things off my desk on to other people.
    Operation WoRkShIfT™ has started with a successful move of a site visit to the peaks.
    Advocate of disc brakes.