Calibration

Is it transferrable?

In essence, I can easily calibrate my Wahoo Kickr using my Garmin 530, but there is no such function on the cycling app I use (Rouvy).
Am I right in assuming that the calibration I do on the Garmin transfers to any app I then use, being that Rouvy or Zwift (wife's favourite).
If not, what's the alternative?
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    I thought a calibrated trainer would be consistent in all apps.
    As long a weights, CDA, slope scaling, gearing etc, etc are all equivalent.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • The numbers in terms of W/Kg are certainly spot on, if I compare them versus other folks posting similar times on the leaderboard of Rouvy.

The official way of doing it would be to download the Wahoo App, pair the device and all of that... but since it's all already done on the Garmin, it seems easier to go that way, hoping it applies to all Apps and not just to the Garmin
    left the forum March 2023
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    Pretty sure this is the case. The last zero offset value is stored in the device (trainer/power meter) and then shared with whatever software you subsequently use. The biggest benefit I find in using the native app is that it will flag up when a firmware update is available, in some cases it will let you know if something isn't right. Sometimes small differences in the algorithms for calculating power/speed across apps might mean the values you get are not 100% spot on, but I think it's unusual for the difference to be noticable.