monday was trapped in some dreadful munch lithograph

'ning

quite nippy but should be bright

ride cafes, wfh, tell tentacle of gmc to shove off, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Shoot sleep so walked rather than ran this morning.

Lots of work stuff today, still better than the wife’s day who is taking the MIL to various appointments.

Later should be a run but I think it will be bikes with a pal
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Forecast was bright and clear. Liars.
    Must get bird seed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,415
    Top 'o the morn to all and sundry.

Dental hygenist this morning at 9am. Mouth still smarting. Ooof!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Quite dull today, will spend most of writing up paper work for jobs then maybe visit the gym after work.
    12 days until skiing!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Moaning,
    The early frost has burnt off now, still nippy but full on sun looks great.

Off for a trail ride today I planned yesterday, depending on how muddy it is (I get) will depend on how far I can travel before having to sort refuge in a hostelry.

Meant to be out earlier but one thing and another…

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Busy morning, busy of sorts: juggling plumber visit vs dad's taxi duties, accomplished. Now en route once again, once hah as if, to my favourite Eye Hospital for to get stuck in the eye with a big sharp thing. See those fraidy cat vacc-needle-phobes? Pah, 'kin wimps.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Chilly here so burning through he leccy keeping the man cave warm whole I beaver away. Fencing guy is here putting in some new sections of fence behind the hedges where junior hound is still escaping, better go see how he's getting on soon. Onwards to more tax mitigation...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Stevo_666 said:

Chilly here so burning through he leccy keeping the man cave warm whole I beaver away.

He's away on his hols, you don't have to call it a man cave now until he comes back :wink:

Runned to the office which was harder work than it should've been, and means I've got to run back later.

Went out to a meeting that someone else had arranged, and the organiser didn't turn up so that was a waste of time, but at least it was outside in the sunshine.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Chilly here so burning through he leccy keeping the man cave warm whole I beaver away.

He's away on his hols, you don't have to call it a man cave now until he comes back :wink:

Runned to the office which was harder work than it should've been, and means I've got to run back later.

Went out to a meeting that someone else had arranged, and the organiser didn't turn up so that was a waste of time, but at least it was outside in the sunshine.
    I did wonder why I hadn't got an outraged reply o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Quiet teaching day today, managed to do some marking. Waiting on a head of maths from a different school to arrive so I can help her with managing loads of coursework. Didn’t ride outside yesterday, set the turbo up and used that. Now realise why my hips and lower back ache - sooooo unfit!!
  • Stevo_666 said:

Chilly here so burning through he leccy keeping the man cave warm whole I beaver away. Fencing guy is here putting in some new sections of fence behind the hedges where junior hound is still escaping, better go see how he's getting on soon. Onwards to more tax mitigation...

Get a small wood burner installed for a few hundred quid, we were shocked at how much electric we were using when MrsHD started her own business WFH.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2022

Stevo_666 said:

Get a small wood burner installed for a few hundred quid, we were shocked at how much electric we were using when MrsHD started her own business WFH.
    Yep, last bill was an eye opener but mid Dec to mid Jan with junior at home etc was always going to be heavy. Might be a bit of a pain getting a wood burner installed as it's a converted garage, but we might start using the fireplace in the lounge to compensate.

And I've saved a fair bit on (not) commuting.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

If I could be arsed I would have changed my avatar to pretend to be an MF, then posted an outraged reply. But, meh...this will have to do
    Man cave, FFS
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

If I could be arsed I would have changed my avatar to pretend to be an MF, then posted an outraged reply. But, meh...this will have to do
    Man cave, FFS
    Looks like I'll have to carry on calling it a man cave :smile:

Also you'll have Seano on your case for doing him out of a job impersonating forumites.
  • pinno
    Sun popped out 1/3rd the way through the ride, far and wide, traversing the the geographical vernacular from 'twenty twae' to 'twenty twa' to 'twenty two'.
    Funny old peninsula full of funny old people.
  • Just installed a TV for a 4yr old, my god android is bloody complicated.
    If it were an apple TV I'd plug it in and it would just work. Granted it would be 25 times the price but it'd just work!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Feeling faint, drove the wife to the pub and then…… drank ginger ale 😳
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Feeling faint, drove the wife to the pub and then…… drank ginger ale 😳

Must be the full moon.
    Got back to the car this evening and was a bit wobbly for about 15 mins.
    After 8 fondant fancies and creme eggs have sorted it out.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

This ^ is worth noting. I mean 'ginger ale'? FFS.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

Never knew Ed Sheeran owned a brewery?
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

He bottles up his piss and sells it to fans.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

He bottles up his piss and sells it to fans.
    And shyte by the sound of it. Was forced to endure listening to him playing when Mrs. 666 insisted on having on of his gigs on the box last week. Drinking p1ss might be preferable.