Bowman Weald Ultegra build - wheel spec/parts

Hi

I bought a Bowman Weald Ultegra build back in August, thankfully just before their supply chain woes (they've just been liquidated apparently).

I'm aware that in regard to the wheels especially I'll at some point need to replace things (e.g. bearings and the freehub), but I'm not about to take things apart to find out what they are in a hurry (I'm mechanically inept). Therefore, should I need to get a mechanic out to replace anything soon, does anybody know what the compatible bearings and freehub would be in the 24mm rim wheels at all? These aren't the Noble wheels but unbranded ones built by one of their ex-employees I believe (which I think are much the same).

Many thanks for any responses.

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Depending your mileage I doubt you need to change anything soon especially the wheel bearings and the freehub.
  • My track record with freehubs/bearings is appalling so planning for the worst. I've had three different wheelsets before these and the longest I've managed a freehub is about 8 months (so around 6,500 miles max)!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,626
    If you aren't doing it yourself, just take it to a bike shop once things start to get a bit crunchy. All the hubs with cartridge bearings use standard sizes that are easy to get hold of.

If doing yourself, you can read the code on the plastic seal.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,626
    dynamokev said:

My track record with freehubs/bearings is appalling so planning for the worst. I've had three different wheelsets before these and the longest I've managed a freehub is about 8 months (so around 6,500 miles max)!

Thats quite a rate of wearing through freehub bearings. Do you clean the cassette with it installed, by any chance?
  • Yes, I give the cassette a scrub with a cassette cleaning brush with a bit of bike cleaner on. From your question I'm assuming that may be a contributing factor - in which case, better to do this with the brush alone?
  • paulbnix
    paulbnix Posts: 631
    I have found that the freehub bearings are the first to deteriorate - probably because they are most exposed.
    Best to clean the cassette after removing it.