ride cafes and lazing

continue work on port lake, godiva mountain, and sausage pile
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited January 2022
    'Ning

Nippy, will go running in a bit when less icy.

Are you off to the show sungod or Just a random title?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    thistle_ said:

'Ning

Nippy, will go running in a bit when less icy.

Are you off to the show sungod or Just a random title?

we went a couple of months back, been meaning to watch the film again

looks like dawn is going to avoid the gloomygrey, ride time
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Run with hounds then a few jobs and nip into town for a haircut.

Later is at some friends for dinner
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    just having coffee before zwifting and weights then onwards with family - bambino tennis in a bit and, you know, family stuff.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    MattFalle said:

just having coffee before zwifting and weights then onwards with family - bambino tennis in a bit and, you know, family stuff.

I thought you were gong away (not away away)?

Misty murky this morning.
    OH and the girls will be off to Great Grandma's which leaves me free to do... domestic chores. bloody hell.
    CX on telly methinks.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

OH and the girls will be off to Great Grandma's which leaves me free to do... domestic chores. bloody hell.
    CX on telly methinks.
    I can’t see any cross on the Eurosport player today unless you are catching on last weekends races.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

CX on telly methinks.
    I can’t see any cross on the Eurosport player today unless you are catching on last weekends races.
    Piddle on my chips why don't you?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    World's CX is on tomorrow. On the calendar I'm following that is, your choice may of course differ.

A faint glimmer of sun is poking through the grey. Think though will be gym over bike ride today. I do notice the benefits (or rather the lack of shooting pain events) of doing the exercise regime prescribed by the physio few years ago. So I'll be doing my 500 reps on the cable resistance machine while the kid on the next one is on his/her phone most of the time. Kidz eh.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

CX on telly methinks.
    heading away tomorrow night - bit o' travel then flight out.

Bit of a faff tbh but not too bad.

anyhow, Zwift zwifted for now, light weights sesh done, intending to come back later but arvo seems to be getting a bit busy unforts.....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Another negative result for the EPO and I, but still lying low which is boring to say the least. Might go for a walk, looks chilly out. Want to go and see the old dear but think it's still best to stay away for her sake.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Great new re navy Oxo
  • MattFalle
    oxoman said:

Morning. Car dispatched to garage, parkrun done in minus 3 🥶🥶 bloody cold. Lads recovering from OH,s birthday meal last night. Eldest currently strutting around like a peacock having got a provisional place with navy doing engineering on the accelerated route which is what he wanted. Young Oxo currently meh and walking a reluctant staffy. Very cold out but at least the mist has gone. Have a nice weekend all.

get in with eldest/Navy!

Please send congrats from a Pongo.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    tlw1 said:

Great new re navy Oxo

Yes, well done youngish Oxo.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    oxoman said:

Morning. Car dispatched to garage, parkrun done in minus 3 🥶🥶 bloody cold. Lads recovering from OH,s birthday meal last night. Eldest currently strutting around like a peacock having got a provisional place with navy doing engineering on the accelerated route which is what he wanted. Young Oxo currently meh and walking a reluctant staffy. Very cold out but at least the mist has gone. Have a nice weekend all.

hurrah

presumably it was line three he went for...

where can you find pleasure
    search the world for treasure
    learn science technology...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw
  • MattFalle
    The Navy is the way forward, literally.

If I had my way again that's what I would be doing.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited January 2022
    Really pleased for your son's success Oxo, great stuff!

Me? I'm about 2.5 sheets to the wind on port (Dows 85), listening to the Specials, leavened with Dillinger, a bit of John Holt, Peter Tosh, Lee Perry, Burning Spear etc. A bit of cognitive dissonance, should be weed and rum, but v satisfactory all the same.

Having said that, now been bollocked for being p!ssed at half five and made to cook dinner. No reggae allowed.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb said:

Me? I'm about 2.5 sheets to the wind on port (Dows 85), listening to the Specials, leavened with Dillinger, a bit of John Holt, Peter Tosh, Lee Perry, Burning Spear etc. A bit of cognitive dissonance, should be weed and rum, but v satisfactory all the same.

Having said that, now been bollocked for being p!ssed at half five and made to cook dinner. No reggae allowed.

My first dalliance with alcohol was my mums port, mixed with whiskey. Didn’t even have the common sense to be sick in the toilet. Needless to say my parents were not impressed with the state of the bathroom sink when they got home. Haven’t touched port since. Whiskey was just an innocent bystander.

I was tipsy by in the kitchen by 5pm it’s perfectly normal. Where’s the fun in cooking if you can’t get p!ssed at the same time.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    oxoman said:

Congrats to Oxo junior there.

Busy day doing jobs, collecting stuff, etc. Sorted juniors car and topped up with petrol etc as she is headed back to Liverpool tomorrow. Now doing a spot of admin before I try to get some relaxation in despite the likely best efforts of Mrs. 666.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Well done to oxo junior! If I’d joined up it would’ve been the RAF but my grandad tried to get into the navy in WW2. Couldn’t because he was a coal miner so reserved occupation. Hope he enjoys it!

Away game again today, deepest darkest Dagenham in the middle of an estate. That was fun. We won anyway. Full on lazy afternoon though. I might get up for a ride in the morning but then again…
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Managed to get a haircut and go for a run, so 66% of today's tasks achieved.

Well done young oxo. There's an ex navy guy I sometimes chat to on the wireless (comms/signals). Goes for a swim in the sea almost every afternoon regardless of the weather. Young oxo might come back the same.

Talking of radios, currently blasting the dutch and the belgians with squeaky noises seeing if any of them reply. Had 4 so far :D
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

B)
  • MattFalle
    Dinner at 'rents. Actually really, really nice.

Explained where I was going and once I calmed them down, they be cool and tranquillo, which is cool.

Bambini asleep, suppung a cold 'un, gonna chill with TDV, then hugs 'n' chill 'n' snore.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

World's CX is on tomorrow.

Nope - dunno what calendar you are looking at. It's the weekend of the 29th and 30th of January.

• pinno
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

World's CX is on tomorrow.

Nope - dunno what calendar you are looking at. It's the weekend of the 29th and 30th of January.

Correctamundo. Check out the big brain on Pinno. Rather than the midget brain on me. Confused the World Cup event in France with the World Champs in US. Flamanville ain't Fayetteville. IGMC.
  • hopkinb
    edited January 2022
    pinno said:
    That's the very one Pinno.

Mini loves it. She asks what's the difference between sugar cane and "herbs", and why the police will burn one crop and not the other, especially as sugar is so bad for you. I do my best.

Especially given the boy's room reeks like a field of sensimilla, mixed with whatever tropical fruit vape he smokes, plus lynx Africa, plus teenage boy musk. Still, at least he doesn't drink.

He's seeing Frank Lampard's daughter should anyone give a flying one.
  • MattFalle
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:
    That's the very one Pinno.

Mini loves it. She asks what's the difference between sugar cane and "herbs", and why the police will burn one crop and not the other, especially as sugar is so bad for you. I do my best.

Especially given the boy's room reeks like a field of sensimilla, mixed with whatever tropical fruit vape he smokes, plus lynx Africa, plus teenage boy musk. Still, at least he doesn't drink.

He's seeing Frank Lampard's daughter should anyone give a flying one.
    frank's daughter?

eh?
  • hopkinb
    Aye. Luna, his eldest. She lives with mum just up the road from us, as does his 2nd eldest. They both go to same school as mini. I think he has 2 with new wife.

Though to be honest, he went to mum's big Xmas party, and since then, contact seems to have been much less. He may not have passed the suitable boyfriend test...

• hopkinb