thursday it's pineapples all the way down

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Looks like holes exist the right way up, whilst caves exist rotated through 90 degrees. Maybe that's the difference.

Either way, I can close the door, stick some music on the IKEA symfonisk which is budget Sonos and compatible with the rest of the ecosystem, sit in my sittin' chair and read a book, or stare into space. I am even thinking of a lock and a FCUK OFF sign for the door. Unfortunately it's a box room, so no room for a bed. Though I spose I could get my camping mat and sleeping bag.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Why not just strap or velcro yourself to a wall and sleep vampire stylee?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

or some sort of contraption I could hoist up to the ceiling, and keep up there when not in use.

Every man should have a hole.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    edited January 2022
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

or some sort of contraption I could hoist up to the ceiling, and keep up there when not in use.

Two hooks and a a h h h h hammock? A hhhhhappy hhhoppy hhhhammock. Shorty was correcting my spelling, so I went the other way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pcXM5wfvA
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Two hooks and a a hammock?
    nasssty upvc window at one end of the room lengthwise. too narrow widthwise.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    oxoman said:

I don't have a mancave I have a workshop / shed apparently. I wouldn't worry about MF Stevo as he's bogging off somewhere warm probably without mancaves.

I thought he might be off to look for people who live in real caves like those al qaeda blokes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    FFS (F***ing Forum Software)

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

This is starting to sound more like a dungeon than a hole.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

i like the way you have a random stick in there, as if to prod people through the window.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

is it on the groundfloor?
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2022
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

i like the way you have a random stick in there, as if to prod people through the window.
    Dual use - cattle prod to keep the local women at bay :p , and a handy tool to turn the lights on and off in the mezzanine.

Previous owners put it in it for their teenage kids to have sleepovers and put a light switch up there. Makes for a nice little roof light but I can't reach the switch without a step ladder or a stick. The stick fulfils 2 purposes so it gets the gig.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Dual use - cattle prod to keep the local women at bay :p , and a handy tool to turn the lights on and off in the mezzanine.

Previous owners put it in it for their teenage kids to have sleepovers and put a light switch up there. Makes for a nice little roof light but I can't reach it without a step ladder or a stick. The stick fulfils 2 purposes so it gets the gig.
    that's utterly, totally, seriously, incredibly mega - draw the curtains and you could hide from chores and the wife up there for days doing nothing but watching the Giro, drinking vino rosso, eating salami and #wankingitout.

it would be amazing.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Previous owners put it in it for their teenage kids to have sleepovers and put a light switch up there. Makes for a nice little roof light but I can't reach it without a step ladder or a stick. The stick fulfils 2 purposes so it gets the gig.
    that's utterly, totally, seriously, incredibly mega - draw the curtains and you could hide from chores and the wife up there for days doing nothing but watching the Giro, drinking vino rosso, eating salami and #wankingitout.

it would be amazing.
    Good plan :smile: The wall that is behind the desk in the other pic above is just begging for the telly to be mounted on it, but that said I like our lounge and I wouldn't get much work done with a telly down here. Already got the beer fridge installed and looking at a bigger desk now the redecorating is done.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Previous owners put it in it for their teenage kids to have sleepovers and put a light switch up there. Makes for a nice little roof light but I can't reach the switch without a step ladder or a stick. The stick fulfils 2 purposes so it gets the gig.
    Mezzanine in the garage? I’m so coming around your gaff at the earliest opportunity if only to rob some stuff. I’ll bring tetley. He’s a scouser (kind of). He’ll know what to do.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mezzanine in the garage? I’m so coming around your gaff at the earliest opportunity if only to rob some stuff. I’ll bring tetley. He’s a scouser (kind of). He’ll know what to do.
    Too late - an MF is hurtling down there as we speak.

IT'LL ALL BE OURS!!!!!
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

it would be amazing.
    Good plan :smile: The wall that is behind the desk in the other pic above is just begging for the telly to be mounted on it, but that said I like our lounge and I wouldn't get much work done with a telly down here. Already got the beer fridge installed and looking at a bigger desk now the redecorating is done.
    yeah - mug off the telly - no need

a ridiculously good stereo, some nice wine and beer, formaggi and salami easily available and either a humidor or 20 Marly Reds in a drawer with an old pistol - Luger or Browning Hi-Power.

It'll be mega.

And no fuckingbiros. Fountain pens only.

And some nice art with piccies of TDNFNATN or TDLW on the back.
  • hopkinb
    edited January 2022
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

You need a new desk.

That's quite some space though, room for all sort of shenanigans..

Beats my hole all ends up, and Mrs H3's hutch too, though that is air conditioned
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2022
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's an odd one but dead handy for regular WFH - I'm close enough to the house for the WiFi to work but far enough away to avoid the nagging and random jobs o:) The other garage is proper one - full of tools, car stuff and junk.

Ironically the people who sold the place to us were scousers...
  • hopkinb
    edited January 2022
    Don't read on if you're easily bored/offended by 1st world problems, or people whinging about something other people would see as a trip of a lifetime.

Are you duly warned?

So, Mrs H3 had some options vest and so has umpteen sponds. She was going to take Mini to New York, because I said I'd rather go to Bwlch, or at a push, Kashmir, wearing an "I hate Indians AND Pakistanis" vest.

However, NY seems to require vaccine mandates for foetuses. So mini can't go. I said I'd rather go to Mogadishu. So she then thought of the boy, but despite being vaccinated, unfortunately he reeks of weed 97% of the time, and does fcuk all school work, so he's not getting a treat.

So, it's me. Now, there are advantages. Her funds are sufficient that we fly out club world, and fly back first class. This means I get BA gold, which means I can hassle sungod in the concorde lounge in future.

However, I live in a world city, with cultural attractions, parks and shops. I am going to a world city 6 hours away where they have similar cultural attractions, parks and shops. I hate shops. Except wine shops.

Recommendations please? I'm going to have a pastrami sandwich as big as my head. I'm going to say "fuhgeddaboudit" to an Italian American. I'm going to crane my neck to look up at the big buildings.

I'm a Euro guy, give me Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Praha, Stockholm, Helsinki, Seville, Granada, Firenze, Geneve, Vienna, Warsaw etc etc.

I suggested Barbados or Tobago for Rum punch in view of the likely polar vortex in New York in February and minus 15 temperatures, but it's not my money.

What the actual fcuk can I do in New York that i can't do in London. Except catch a yellow cab.
  • hopkinb
    thistle_ said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

This is starting to sound more like a dungeon than a hole.
    Shhhh, you'll wake the gimp.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

You need a new desk.

That's quite some space though, room for all sort of shenanigans..

Beats my hole all ends up, and Mrs H3's hutch too, though that is air conditioned
    Definitely, it's on my list to get a nice L-shaped one to work on now the painting is done. It's about 20' x 9' so plenty room for the fridge, weights, storing some of my crap etc. Takes a bit of heating currently and not sure what it'll be like in the middle of summer though.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    hopkinb said:

Don't read on if you're easily bored/offended by 1st world problems, or people whinging about something other people would see as a trip of a lifetime.

Are you duly warned?

So, Mrs H3 had some options vest and so has umpteen sponds. She was going to take Mini to New York, because I said I'd rather go to Bwlch, or at a push, Kashmir, wearing an "I hate Indians AND Pakistanis" vest.

However, NY seems to require vaccine mandates for foetuses. So mini can't go. I said I'd rather go to Mogadishu. So she then thought of the boy, but despite being vaccinated, unfortunately he reeks of weed 97% of the time, and does fcuk all school work, so he's not getting a treat.

So, it's me. Now, there are advantages. Her funds are sufficient that we fly out club world, and fly back first class. This means I get BA gold, which means I can hassle sungod in the concorde lounge in future.

However, I live in a world city, with cultural attractions, parks and shops. I am going to a world city 6 hours away where they have similar cultural attractions, parks and shops. I hate shops. Except wine shops.

Recommendations please? I'm going to have a pastrami sandwich as big as my head. I'm going to say "fuhgeddaboudit" to an Italian American. I'm going to crane my neck to look up at the big buildings.

I'm a Euro guy, give me Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Praha, Stockholm, Helsinki, Seville, Granada, Firenze, Geneve, Vienna, Warsaw etc etc.

I suggested Barbados or Tobago for Rum punch in view of the likely polar vortex in New York in February and minus 15 temperatures, but it's not my money.

What the actual fcuk can I do in New York that i can't do in London. Except catch a yellow cab.

New York is the same as London except the bin men are slightly earlier and slightly louder.

Find a good deli and you’re in, best pastrami/sandwich of my life, with a nice pickle on the side. Give it a few days and you’ll be craving a salad with no dressing.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Are you duly warned?

The views - go to the top of the Empire State building or the new World Trade Centre building
    Ferry to the statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
    Ground Zero and 9/11 memorial if you're in the mood for that sort of thing
    The concrete canyons of midtown and the financial district
    Walk the high ĺine

Or get just your walking shoes on and just discover the place and take in a few cafés and bars etc.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Are you duly warned?

New York is the same as London except the bin men are slightly earlier and slightly louder.

Find a good deli and you’re in, best pastrami/sandwich of my life, with a nice pickle on the side. Give it a few days and you’ll be craving a salad with no dressing.
    See, now that's what I keep saying. 6 nights in Key Largo, or the Caribbean. But I just know I'll get dragged round fcuking shit shops.
  • Stevo_666
    Oh yeah, and if they still do it, fly BA via Shannon Airport. Clear US customs at Shannon and waltz through JFK as a domestic arrival, no queues.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

Oh yeah, and if they still do it, fly BA via Shannon Airport. Clear US customs at Shannon and waltz through JFK as a domestic arrival, no queues.

The flights are booked already, and I do like a direct flight, though the entry queues into US are horrid. The upgrade from club to 1st on the return leg was £50 pp apparently. I'm quite sure I can drink that in super premium bubbly.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Are you duly warned?

The views - go to the top of the Empire State building or the new World Trade Centre building
    Walk the high ĺine

Or get just your walking shoes on and just discover the place and take in a few cafés and bars etc.
    These were all on my list. Especially 9/11 memorial, high line, and a quick visit to Wall St. The cafes and bars we have here, with more polite staff

Still rather be on a hammock, eating fresh coconut, drinking rum punch before a paddle in the carribbean, then dinner on the beach. Instead of freezing my tits off in a ruder version of London. I suggested a helicopter ride but was pooh-poohed.

I might just illegally vaccinate my daughter.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Are you duly warned?

See, now that's what I keep saying. 6 nights in Key Largo, or the Caribbean. But I just know I'll get dragged round fcuking censored shops.
    mogadishu, nice beach, presidential suite at the jazeera palace is unlike any other, overall a good opportunity to lose unwanted travelling companions, take plenty hello kitty plasters and some of mf's chums if you go shopping

how about tel aviv, plenty of history within range, some bits of oman are very nice, or just veg out in ras al khaimah, hour up the road from dxb, there's not much there beyond hotels, which keeps it simple, waldorf or a beach villa at the hilton rak

still working on the salchichón, saw some furry bits on the vintage parmigiano, cut them off, nom
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Are you duly warned?

Walk the high ĺine

These were all on my list. Especially 9/11 memorial, high line, and a quick visit to Wall St. The cafes and bars we have here, with more polite staff

Still rather be on a hammock, eating fresh coconut, drinking rum punch before a paddle in the carribbean, then dinner on the beach. Instead of freezing my tits off in a ruder version of London. I suggested a helicopter ride but was pooh-poohed.

I might just illegally vaccinate my daughter.
    Shove her off onto the 'Sex And The City' tour and do your own thing for a day.

Here's an alternative if you like a cruise with a twist :smile:
    somalicruises.com/
    Rates and testimonials are worth a read.