Who has had the worse day today, Prince Andrew or Boris?

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,480
edited January 2022 in The bottom bracket
The news today for both concerned isn’t the best.

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Just need Djokovic sent home and we'll have the hat trick.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    I never thought I would say this, but I would rather be Boris. Getting stuffed in a job way is preferable to getting stuffed a prison way (ok realise it’s a civil case - but that’s not as funny)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    oxoman said:

I wonder what mummy thinks about it. Suspect she might want to give him a good thrashing, or get the Butler to do it.

He might enjoy that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I have enjoyed Frankie Boyle's jokes about Prince Andrew on his BBC show. There's a few on his "unseen/best of" show on iplayer.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    tlw1 said:

I never thought I would say this, but I would rather be Boris. Getting stuffed in a job way is preferable to getting stuffed a prison way (ok realise it’s a civil case - but that’s not as funny)

That pretty much covers it. Obviously I don't think much of Johnson, but I don't think he's a nonce.
    Unfortunately I don't think mummy's boy will ever see the inside of a prison cell, especially not one shared with a very large cellmate that's looking for something extra.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Prince Nonce is a bit like Man Utd, all gone to shlt post Fergie.
  • orraloon said:

Prince Nonce is a bit like Man Utd, all gone to shlt post Fergie.

Same with Black Eyed Peas
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    The air time and news coverage of a real, genuine English Prince in court, in the US will be huge, massive. Beyond compare. We wouldn't hear the end of it.

The Ambassador's wife Anne Sacoolas did not come back to the UK after killing Harry Dunn on his bike to face questions.

So I am pretty sure that Prince boy will wriggle and squirm and do everything in his powers to stay in the UK.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno said:

The air time and news coverage of a real, genuine English Prince in court, in the US will be huge, massive. Beyond compare. We wouldn't hear the end of it.

The Ambassador's wife Anne Sacoolas did not come back to the UK after killing Harry Dunn on his bike to face questions.

So I am pretty sure that Prince boy will wriggle and squirm and do everything in his powers to stay in the UK.

it's only a civil case... no prison sentence, as I understand it... basically compensation

left the forum March 2023
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480

it's only a civil case... no prison sentence, as I understand it... basically compensation

I’m not sure if it’s a negotiation tactic but the victims lawyer has stated she wants more than financial compensation.

And considering Andrew remains a person of interest from a criminal investigation into child sex trafficking it might be rash to consider Andrews and the monarchy’s troubles are resolved with the civil case.

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    edited January 2022

pinno said:

Take it to court, win the case, get compensation then sell books and film rights?
    Much more lucrative than a non-disclosure cash in. Riskier though.

Might just "disappear" now that I think about it.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,617
    His reputation will never recover anyway, even if he were to go to court and win. Anyone with more than an autonomic nervous system can see that he was a client of a pimp. Regardless of whether there were direct financial payments, he was involved because there was a benefit to the pimp.

Since he's effectively lost already, the most likely outcome is a settlement and we will never know for how much. The main argument will be how or if he apologises. I think we will not get that, other than an acknowledgement of the facts that some of his best friends are criminals.

After this has died down, the next thing the public will hear about Andrew is a private family funeral, in about 20 years from now. Possibly some public incredulity about the civil list financial numbers in the meantime.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited January 2022
    Guilty of being a overly loyal friend and client to a child trafficer.

This Andrew saga has probably helped his children who were constantly being thrust into the lime light by Fergie to boost her own profile - bet she wants to keep herself out of the public eye nowadays.

My parents knew andrew a bit as my dad trained as a navy pilot with him. they always thought he was gay, not a paedo.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,842
    edited January 2022
    BBC had Victoria Derbyshire outside No. 10 a few minutes ago, someone in there has apparently tested positive, so Boris can isolate in the fridge after yesterday's bad day at the office... Taking a tip from Novak and faking his test result. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • He was isolating on the back seat of the range rover yesterday on the way to PMQ
  • pinno

Guilty of being a overly loyal friend and client to a child trafficer.

This Andrew saga has probably helped his children who were constantly being thrust into the lime light by Fergie to boost her own profile - bet she wants to keep herself out of the public eye nowadays.

My parents knew andrew a bit as my dad trained as a navy pilot with him. they always thought he was gay, not a paedo.

A former employer of mine was in Iceland around the time of Prince Charles's 'stag holiday' there. It was a very private affair with a number of individuals whom were well known as gay and Charles knew them well.
    It doesn't bother me in a Womack sort of way, it's just that people like this are traditionally obligated to live to a socially acceptable norm. That's sad really - if the speculation about Charles's sexuality were true. I wonder if it were possible in years to come that we could have an openly gay queen or king? Given the fact William is probably going to live to 110, we won't ever know.

Buckingham palace will be underwater by then anyway.
  • If he settles... is it taxpayers' money on the line?
    That will obviously be the next question...
    left the forum March 2023
  • pinno

If he settles... is it taxpayers' money on the line?

Nah, some rich Arab for which he brokered an arms deal will foot the bill as a thank you.
  • Guilty of being a overly loyal friend and client to a child trafficer.

I’ve not really been following his case too closely but was the lady concerned 17 at the time?
  • First.Aspect

If he settles... is it taxpayers' money on the line?

It will be fudged as from "private income", ignoring that a feckless moron like him would, without the coincidence of birth and vast quantities of inheritance and public funds with which to play in the business sand pit (or employ people to do so for him), be of very modest income indeed. i.e. All his income flows directly or indirectly from the public purse.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited January 2022
  • MattFalle
    mental, innit?

thing is, some people will still believe he isn't taking the massive absolutepiss out of everyone.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • First.Aspect
    MattFalle said:

mental, innit?

thing is, some people will still believe he isn't taking the massive absolutepiss out of everyone.

I think if that ship hasn't sailed, they've at least started the engines.
  • MattFalle
    Unfortunately there still are people who are behind him - I'm stuck with at least two of the cretins at work (which, although I 100% state is far, far, far from the most cerebral organisation for 70% of the people who are there) are the morons who will keep on voting for him....
  • First.Aspect
    MattFalle said:

Unfortunately there still are people who are behind him - I'm stuck with at least two of the cretins at work (which, although I 100% state is far, far, far from the most cerebral organisation for 70% of the people who are there) are the morons who will keep on voting for him....

Some people will vote Tory no matter what.

They'll get behind whoever takes over in a heartbeat.

Beats the alternative they have in the US where they have just stuck with the old guy rather than the party.
  • Stevo_666

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

not one ounce of decency between them.

#fuckthetories
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

not one ounce of decency between them.

#fuckthetories
    So you going to vote for 'Haircu*t 100'?

:)
  • That's pretty rich given Boris' lid and the fact he is also an utter cu*t