tuesday bunny is missing down by the lake, burn, bunny, burn

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    https://inews.co.uk/news/pcr-covid-tests-scrapped-record-positive-lateral-flow-results-1383758

I don't understand the process and would like to stay in the club.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    I can't keep up with the "rules" here, but I think testing has changed. We're now all supposed to use the "Rapid Antigen Test" kits, which I assume is what you call lateral flows. Problem is, everybody forgot to order enough of the kits, so now you can't buy one anywhere, and the "free" ones are only issued for certain circumstances.

PCR tests are not needed unless something-or-other happened. Dunno. In any case, teh queues for those are endless, results take forever because the labs are flooded with them, and they keep sending out wrong result messages - literally thousands of incorrect test results have been issued by the pathology labs.

Laughably there are now fines for not reporting yourself if you "fail" a RAT. There's an incentive. Have to pay to buy the test, then get pinged if they find out you didn't tell them you're sick.

Odd world indeed.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

Problem is, everybody forgot to order enough of the kits, so now you can't buy one anywhere, and the "free" ones are only issued for certain circumstances.

It's the same here.
    Some companies have made a shed load of money.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

Problem is, everybody forgot to order enough of the kits, so now you can't buy one anywhere, and the "free" ones are only issued for certain circumstances.

It's the same here.
    All friends of members of the Cuntservative government have made a shed load of money.

ftfy
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    oxoman said:

Luckily we don't have to pay for our LF tests directly but suspect we'll be paying via increased tax etc. Similar problem with supply and demand here as well.

Oxo, try the NHS website. Both junior and I put in an order last week and they turned up 3 days later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Afternoon Peeps,

Morning mostly spent on Teams calls - off down the hospital shortly for an MRI scan. Hope it's quick as I'm starving but haven't been able to eat anything since brekky time as you have to fast beforehand.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

V68 - you are doing the right thing in keeping your distance. As I keep saying, I’ve never had a positive LFT but failed two PCRs

Sorry about your pal 😢

Ditto.

They have scrapped pcr tests after testing positive for C19 so I believe.
    Thanks chaps.

I believe a positive lat flow is enough now, EPO and I are testing daily and still negative. Not sure if that will last. Avoiding interaction with people where possible, did pop out to buy milk and bread but that's permissible. Masked up of course.
    I've had confirmation for a pack of lat flow tests ordered through the website, but haven't seen them yet as it was only on Monday. Did manage to pick up a pack at a council test centre in town on my way home Monday though.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon Peeps,

Morning mostly spent on Teams calls - off down the hospital shortly for an MRI scan. Hope it's quick as I'm starving but haven't been able to eat anything since brekky time as you have to fast beforehand.

It's Wednesday Stevo.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon Peeps,

It's Wednesday Stevo.
    Oops.