Hounds enjoyed a gentle run, now work stuff. Later is undecided
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Morning,
    Hounds enjoyed a gentle run.

Clever dogs you have there.

Jeezo it's dark.
    This week I will be mowstly doing gardening, wearing dolce e gabbana and eating taramasalata.
    (Weather willing).
    Forecast is a balmy 13 deg but drizzle mizzly today.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Single mother neighbour next door has just text me to say she’s broken her leg and needs me to get her a phone card in the hospital. Now I’ve got to explain to wifey why I’m her first contact when she has two daughters and a large family. And I’ve no idea why! 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Certainly feels like I've been dusted with an alien hallucinogen.
    Not much sleep again for no apparent reason.
    Run this morning, now WFW.
    Remote access things don't seem to be working from the office.
  • pinno
    Is the 'dusting' a frost or the DT's?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Mornin, why's it Monday suddenly? Seems rude to me.

Blaring out some classics to drown out the sounds of over the roads log delivery, though I doubt Steve Winwood counts as classics.

Anyway fun day of dodging work hunting new work, fun calls ahead with a few old friends at other places, bit of cal in hand action may be required.

Wobbled out on the freshly rebuilt bike yesterday first actual use in well over a month, amazingly nothing was broken, just me being terribly out of shape so no change.

Found me some fake snow which is likely all the snow I'll see this year, god knows what it is wasn't going into the centerparcs to ask

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    seanoconn said:

Single mother neighbour next door has just text me to say she’s broken her leg and needs me to get her a phone card in the hospital. Now I’ve got to explain to wifey why I’m her first contact when she has two daughters and a large family. And I’ve no idea why! 😕

Best of luck, Seano.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899
    Morning all.

WFH although can't focus at all. Maybe a bit of shopping and bubbly, after work.

Laid a vinyl floor yesterday - the bike room is coming along nicely. PlanetX Jobsworth hooks and scaffold board shelving next.

Nice bike, @step83
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • seanoconn
    Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Best of luck, Seano.
    Turns out it wasn’t my neighbour but a lucky scammer 😡 £40 lighter, I only twigged when they asked for the 3rd phone voucher. I blame my phone for telling me it was possibly my neighbour! Could have been worse I suppose. 😕

Now my neighbour thinks I’m a weirdo for calling her to check if she was in hospital! 😂
  • Ben6899
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

And this shows that phones are too clever for their own good.
    Ben

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    edited January 2022
    Dear Seanoconn
    I’m a Nigerian prince, and I’m giving away $35 million of my vast fortune to deserving BikeRadar members. To claim a share of this money, I need you to send me your bicycles and $5000 in cash.
    I will contact you with further details my friend.
    I hope you enjoyed your new-found wealth.
  • step83
    Danke Ben, gone over to SRAM with hope brakes which is fun.

Shelves I was lazy I picked up some melamine coated furniture board, was cheaper than scaffold but its only in the garage. Speaking on Planetx X I ordered one of their repair stands which turns out to be rather nice.

Sean, bad luck as Ben said phones are far to smart these days always worth confirming with the affected party via another method it is them, saves being out of pocket an being taken for a weirdo
  • seanoconn
    masjer said:

Dear Seanoconn
    I’m a Nigerian prince, and I’m giving away $35 million of my vast fortune to deserving BikeRadar members. To claim a share of this money, I need you to send me your bicycles and $5000 in cash.
    I will contact you with further details my friend.
    I hope you enjoyed your new-found wealth.

Me really!? I can’t believe my luck 🍀 Just let me know when and where to send the money. I had a bad morning so this is just what I needed 😃
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    It's great to give you such news, my lucky, lucky friend.
  • Ben6899
    step83 said:

Shelves I was lazy I picked up some melamine coated furniture board, was cheaper than scaffold but its only in the garage. Speaking on Planetx X I ordered one of their repair stands which turns out to be rather nice.

Sean, bad luck as Ben said phones are far to smart these days always worth confirming with the affected party via another method it is them, saves being out of pocket an being taken for a weirdo

I was looking at shelving kits, but I'm gonna be storing some tools up there and some things that won't move at all for months at a time... so I'm concerned about sagging. Scaffold boards - when used as shelves - simply don't sag! :smile:

PlanetX is a treasure trove, I'm not sure how they make it pay.
    Ben

• thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Best of luck, Seano.
    Turns out it wasn’t my neighbour but a lucky scammer 😡 £40 lighter, I only twigged when they asked for the 3rd phone voucher. I blame my phone for telling me it was possibly my neighbour! Could have been worse I suppose. 😕

Now my neighbour thinks I’m a weirdo for calling her to check if she was in hospital! 😂
    Phone top up cards? There's a blast from the past. Remember those light up aerials you could get to screw into your Nokia 5110?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Ah Monday morning brain not awake eh Mr Seano. If it seems a bit odd, it is odd. Tough to get scammed.

Bit of morning culinary work completed to set up rest of week - back to work work as of Weds - chill for a bit while pots do their thing. Then gym sesh beckons. Plus got admin shite to sort, boring.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    edited January 2022
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Best of luck, Seano.

Expect a few more messages like that as the scammer will have told all his scammer mates that he's found a gullible one :p

At least the damage was pretty limited...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Best of luck, Seano.

Expect a few more messages like that as the scammer will have told all his scammer mates that he's found a gullible one :p

I doubt I’ll get caught again, I’m normally pretty sceptical. My phone linking the name to my neighbour was the main culprit. The hospital angle was clever though, you’re less likely to question someone who has been seriously injured.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    step83 said:

Mornin, why's it Monday suddenly? Seems rude to me.

Blaring out some classics to drown out the sounds of over the roads log delivery, though I doubt Steve Winwood counts as classics.

Anyway fun day of dodging work hunting new work, fun calls ahead with a few old friends at other places, bit of cal in hand action may be required.

Wobbled out on the freshly rebuilt bike yesterday first actual use in well over a month, amazingly nothing was broken, just me being terribly out of shape so no change.

Found me some fake snow which is likely all the snow I'll see this year, god knows what it is wasn't going into the centerparcs to ask

Steve Winwood is definitely class. Arc of a Diver is an old favourite album.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Best of luck, Seano.

Do you want to buy some £400 pans?

• seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Best of luck, Seano.

Do you want to buy some £400 pans?

😂👍
  • pinno
    No luck Seano - took advantage of your decency.

But chin up - I got scammed for £4k.
    Though I did get it all back plus interest.

I got hit when my card was duplicated. The Carphone warehouse called me to ask me where I wanted 2 phones to be delivered to because the address was different to my card address. Alarm bells.
    Checked my statement and the card had been used for 'dipping*' in wait for it... Paris and then 2 days later in Brussels. Each for a few euro's.

*Criminal speak for testing a copied card.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Was supposed to be a day of wfw, but now I'm wfh. Managed to wobble in, pausing to shout at some blind runnerists. Apparently I was in the wrong for not ringing my bell. Had I rung my bell rather than braking and shouting I definitely would have hit them, but at least they would have been happy then, or perhaps not. Got to work and had a phone call from the EPO to say the lad has tested positive. So wobbled back home to do a test myself. Wife and I are clear, for now at any rate. How is it I have a sore throat now?
    Glad there weren't more noughts on the end of the scam Seano.
    How do you find the SRAM levers Step? I must confess to thinking HM was back when you mentioned logging.
  • step83
    Ben6899 said:

step83 said:

I was looking at shelving kits, but I'm gonna be storing some tools up there and some things that won't move at all for months at a time... so I'm concerned about sagging. Scaffold boards - when used as shelves - simply don't sag! :smile:

PlanetX is a treasure trove, I'm not sure how they make it pay.
    Very true, I may swap mine out at some point,, spacing is I think about 40cm apart on mine because I thought "sod it" an put the lot up I'll get a terrible photo at some point, mines similar tools galore all in tubs. Really I want to go down the half euro crate box size but thats expensive. These boxes were from poundland so no frills here.

An they can be, other bits are utter tosh I think though the new ownership has reduced the clearance sale buying of the old owner.

Afternoon folks,
    Was supposed to be a day of wfw, but now I'm wfh. Managed to wobble in, pausing to shout at some blind runnerists. Apparently I was in the wrong for not ringing my bell. Had I rung my bell rather than braking and shouting I definitely would have hit them, but at least they would have been happy then, or perhaps not. Got to work and had a phone call from the EPO to say the lad has tested positive. So wobbled back home to do a test myself. Wife and I are clear, for now at any rate. How is it I have a sore throat now?
    Glad there weren't more noughts on the end of the scam Seano.
    How do you find the SRAM levers Step? I must confess to thinking HM was back when you mentioned logging.

I much prefer them so the Shimano's I had were the hideous R505 with the big bulbus head, I thought I would miss being able to sweep the lever while braking but a mix of the lever adjust (the brake section now sits away from the shifter) an the comically powerful brakes it doesn't seem to be a problem.
    I prefer the feedback as well, SRAM is very mechanical you can feel it donk up/down the range through the pedal along with the lever click.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

seanoconn said:

Best of luck, Seano.

I doubt I’ll get caught again, I’m normally pretty sceptical. My phone linking the name to my neighbour was the main culprit. The hospital angle was clever though, you’re less likely to question someone who has been seriously injured.
    I suppose its a bit like people who pretend to be someone else on a forum by nicking their avatar ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Absolutely no idea what you’re talking about
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Absolutely no idea what you’re talking about

:smiley:
  • Oh the fun we used to have with fake accounts back in the days of the sandbox on MBUK, someone cloned me as horners double which is actually quite clever on a small screen.

Site visit done, @thistle I saw your order for pans whisk along a conveyor belt and TLW's alcohol free beer was about two parcels behind.
    Some scottish bloke had ordered a oad of Rust Remedy and there was a Goat being sent to the southern hemisphere.

Might do some work for the remaining hour and then a turbo session when I get home.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Gym gymed. Tick. Daughter still testing positive. Boo. She really regrets going to that NYE pub sesh with her pals. Could be boxed in for the rest of this week, depending. More doorstop drop orders coming my way. Ho hum. Happy new year, innit.