sunday the sun rises a smidge earlier and king tubby wreck up a version

'ning

back to nippy and not raining, suspect roads will not have dried out fully

ride cafes and lazing, continue work on the sausage mountain
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Great sleep in the camper van on my parents drive, now waiting for some friends to turn up for a run.

When run has been run it’s a quick change into lycra for a ride back home.

Later will be pub based
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Great sleep in the camper van on my parents drive, now waiting for some friends to turn up for a run.

When run has been run it’s a quick change into lycra for a ride back home.

Later will be pub based

Reverse triathlon
    Run
    Cycle
    Swim in beer.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

as above - nippy, blue skies, slimey roads

so taking bambino to tennis and sitting the car for an hour
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Dry, possible blue sky, out for a ride over a couple of local hills trying to keep up with my riding buddy, then fire on and chill.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Dry, possible blue sky, out for a ride over a couple of local hills trying to keep up with my riding buddy, then fire on and chill.

This is what I should be doing ^^

But currently making potato waffles, eggs and beans. Kids football at 12:30 miles away, kind of buggers up the day.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    The day is buggered by weather. Forecast is it to clear up at 11ish but that wind needs to drop.
    I definitely didn't eat too many mince pies despite trying hard. If I had, I would have a little bit more insulation.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Nice out. Just about to pop out for a haircut then more work and get the bike on the turbo. Nowt else planned today. Fun!!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    ride ridden, hills repeated, coffee swigged, tubs survived the crossing of the wet-glass strewn wasteland that is camden

nippy, but the sunshine compensated
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning early risers :smile:

Extra lie in interrupted only when the hounds broke in and jumped on the bed - I guess they needed a p1ss more than we did. Brekiie had, cars checked over and topped up etc and out for the dog walk soon. Leg a bit stiff after last night's brief session on the exercise bike so let's see how that goes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Sun shining. Get late, nah normal time for weekend, breakfast semi-digested then get the wheels rolling. Flattish one methinks. Take in a survey of road closure signs which have appeared, which if correct will make crossing The River to get to work next week problematic. Keep building more and more houses = more and more cars but ensure all the crossings stay as old school single lane traffic lighted bridges. 5Ps.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

Morning early risers :smile:

Extra lie in interrupted only when the hounds broke in and jumped on the bed - I guess they needed a p1ss more than we did.

They can't have been that desperate, I couldn't jump over anything if I was bursting.

Went somewhere different for a run today. Can confirm it's clear/cold/windy/icy/snowy.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, glad to see Stevo and'loon had the good sense to do the same. Rather than dogs needing to be let out we were disturbed by the lad turning inside out after a long day yesterday. As any caring parents should we asked if he was alright before laughing at him.
    Going for a stroll before heading to the old dear's and sorting some stuff out before taking big sis to the airport.
    Have a good day everyone
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Bit of a bludge day. Other than a bit of effort on some household chores this morning I've done very little. Some sun time, a roll down the road on a bike to remind myself what that's like, and all of a sudden it was drinkies o'clock.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    haven't heard anyone say bludge for years, that alone earns you drinkies
  • Did my ride, 42m and the forecast rain shower turned out to be snow, hands frozen on the descent, feels good now back in the warm though!
  • oxoman said:

Next I'll squirt them.

What with? 😳
  • Rubbish weather so spent half an hour fitting an SKS Raceblade pro to the rear wheel, only to realise it was the front guard, then spent another hour doing it properly.

Didn't manage ride so ran instead despite giving up running in October 2021.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

oxoman said:

Next I'll squirt them.

What with? 😳
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    just found normil hawaiians on youtube! last time i saw them was at an all-nighter of alternating bands and euro-arthouse sci-fi down in the old scala 40+ years ago, arrive in the dark, leave in the light
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, beaut day here. Too stiff after first footy game of the new year yesterday. The extra kilos didn't help chasing a lad 10 years younger than me who had arms bigger than my legs, lost 3-0 which piss poor. Think it could be time to consider retirement. Kids football today and the lad got zipped 6-1. Onwards and upwards.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    oxoman said:

Ride rid, copped out at 25 as getting chilly and and tad dull. Passed loads of ignorant twankers around the capital of mercia who are to up themselves to wave. Next I'll squirt them.

Bloody crusts. Miserable baskets.
    You can be sarky like me (I haven't had a bop on the nose yet):

"Oh good morning to you too sir" when they don't reply.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!