cold, so cold, hopefully roads have dried after yesterday

ride, cafes, wfh, laze
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning.

Up and waiting for Wickes delivery.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Might work.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited January 2022
    Oxo, my lot kept me awake last night knowing full well I was getting up early so I got revenge by waking them up this morning. Mrs. 666 had a face like thunder when she had to take the dogs out for a p1ss at 6.15.

On the train into town and probably a fairly deserted office, had to scrape ice off the Panzer before setting off for the train station. Will get some peace and free coffee.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    First day back. Cold, bloody cold.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, was back teaching yesterday, that was a shock to the system, who wants to teach double maths on the first day back? Not even Gti would fancy doing that.
    Working from home today as the little dudes are not back in school. Eldest having work set online which probably means a monumental battle to get it done.
    Still shorts weather but plenty of layers on top.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Greetings strangers, blame Pinno for my re emergence.

Very cold this morning compared to the last what feels like month, proper frost an ice on the cars, an roads an anything else that didnt move enough overnight.
    Its that confusing week after christmas where the bins go out on the wrong days which messes with my head, is it Wednesday or is it Friday? Who knows, also get to see who the streets alcoholics are, we had a few bottles two doors down the pair of them managed a very full euro crate.

Anyway a day of corporate heck people already whinging about things they want changed by the end of the year? I don't know its far to early for this I need coffee an probably a nap.

Steveo I misread deserted office as dessert office which sounds way more fun.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    oxoman said:

Morning All. Off to work shortly on no sleep thanks to the herd of elephants in the house, aka family. OH has seen consultant and has physio to look forward to as well the brace for another month or so. Eldest lad off to Navy face to face medical today, things starting to move again on that front. Me off to work followed by a run and Ironing later. Oh joys. TLW, me thinks it's both lack of alcohol masking the shock of work.

good luck to eldest lad - very good decison there.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Ciao

cold here, just chillin' before taking bambina to mock Spanish exam then into work for a bit to do as little as possible.

will head to the gym for a bit in a bit, 20 mins Zwifting warm, bit o' weights to ease back into it, sorted.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Slightly fuzzy head this morning.
    It's dry and sunny and windy and... cold.
    I really ought to get my @rse into gear.

More handbag fun later chaps?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Greetings strangers, blame Pinno for my re emergence.

Very cold this morning compared to the last what feels like month, proper frost an ice on the cars, an roads an anything else that didnt move enough overnight.
    Its that confusing week after christmas where the bins go out on the wrong days which messes with my head, is it Wednesday or is it Friday? Who knows, also get to see who the streets alcoholics are, we had a few bottles two doors down the pair of them managed a very full euro crate.

Anyway a day of corporate heck people already whinging about things they want changed by the end of the year? I don't know its far to early for this I need coffee an probably a nap.

Steveo I misread deserted office as dessert office which sounds way more fun.

You hungry Step? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Slightly fuzzy head this morning.
    It's dry and sunny and windy and... cold.
    I really ought to get my @rse into gear.

More handbag fun later chaps?

Swing away, 'tis the season to be stroppy...
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning

Second day back, students arriving today. Not teaching until 1.20 though so that’s nice. Will have a run later. Nothing more to report other than Mrs GTi stressing about whether her new job is going to be confirmed now that they know she’s had time off with stress. Told her not to worry. #boringinnit
  • step83
    Stevo_666 said:

You hungry Step? :smile:

Always, an who's battering who wit handbags? remember to put a brick in them first

• Stevo_666
    Bit of banter in the previous couple of days threads and a bit of the usual in Cake Stop...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

Bit of banter in the previous couple of days threads and a bit of the usual in Cake Stop...

Sort of reminiscent of the good old bad days.
    Pity we can't summon the departed by a digital Ouija board.

Come in @arran77 @Garry H @Aggieboy @Yossie
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

head over to the thread about the guy being advised to carry a tent to to ride to the next village - fuckingridiculous.
  • Still negative here, still WFH, did the school and shopping runs this morning and managed to enlist a couple of the family/friends dogs along the way.
    Super cold here, fire is on and tee is brewing.

Chance of riding later 0/10
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    Sitting in a car park waiting for Bambina to jump out and go and SMASH Spanish mock.
  • step83
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

head over to the thread about the guy being advised to carry a tent to to ride to the next village - fuckingridiculous.
    It might be a very nice tent they want to show off though, don't judge them!
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

:D
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    That went well. A bit of SG stylee urbanista, got my rear glassed on an A-road cycle path, went that way to avoid well clarty bridleway mudfest. Xxxx it. First time for a proper gash on tubeless; got it plugged and holding after about 15 mins of inflate, watch the bubbles of sealant, inflate, rinse and repeat, enough to limp back. Plus point of these tubeless 38mm tyres is can run at v low pressure. One xxxxed tyre though. Barstewards bunging glass out of their motors.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

That went well. A bit of SG stylee urbanista, got my rear glassed on an A-road cycle path, went that way to avoid well clarty bridleway mudfest. Xxxx it. First time for a proper gash on tubeless; got it plugged and holding after about 15 mins of inflate, watch the bubbles of sealant, inflate, rinse and repeat, enough to limp back. Plus point of these tubeless 38mm tyres is can run at v low pressure. One xxxxed tyre though. Barstewards bunging glass out of their motors.

It's God's way of telling you to go mountain biking, Loon.
  • MattFalle
    See - you should have been carrying at least 2 spare bikes and a small Nightingale wing for that ride.....
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    MattFalle said:

See - you should have been carrying at least 2 spare bikes and a small Nightingale wing for that ride.....

😊 pleased I got the gash plugged eventually. Was only 10km into the ride and knowing the faff of refitting the G-One tyre sans soapy water didn't want to a) fit a tube or b) walk back in my non-hiking SPD shoes.

New, well spare barely used, tyre on, sealant in, pressured, all cool.
  • MattFalle
    nothing quote like satisfaction of succesfully sealing a gash......
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

plugged and .... watch the bubbles of sealant.

How are your furry seat covers coming along anyway?
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

plugged and .... watch the bubbles of sealant.

How are your furry seat covers coming along anyway?
    trying to track down a tailored pair - don't really want anything that makes the Ananaconda look like its wearing furry polyester condoms.
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2022
    Speaking of tyre gashes, I've got a bloody nail stuck in one of the rear tyres of the Panzer. Normally I'd be miffed about replacing a 265/35 19" tyre but 'luckily' the rears are nearly down to the legal limit anyway. Phew.

Off to the tyre place tomorrow lunchtime to get 2 new boots.
  • MattFalle
    any chance you can go and pull big drifting things to get the last wear out of them?