tuesday for the first time this year

'ning

even nippier, maybe a soggy start on the way

ride and/or cafe stroll, smidge of wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH in the same room I’ve been isolating in - new year same rubbish. Not for long though as I passed a LFT yesterday 😎
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Chilly this morning but forecast looking sunny for the rest of the day.
    WFW but not much going on yet.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    @TLW: You passed your liver function test?!
    Bollox.

It's chilly and it's coming your way.
    Today will be mowstly doing little. Will squeeze a roller session into my very busy schedule.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Back to the grindstone so sat in the man cave working away with the heaters on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • People are dropping like flies, mum tested positive today so wifey and I are the last ones standing... For now.
    Walked the little kids to school, freezing.
    WFH, might try to avoid the fridge.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Rain. Rain. A glimmer of light to the horizon. Bleh.

Not work working this week, 'tis the season to be jolly. Or something. Had better dismantle the festives and that.

Highlight of the day: repeat blood test this pm, rerun to check for any changes after low markers in October test results discounted arthritis as cause of ongoing joint pain issues. Maybe my future IS ride my bike rather than walk. Could be worse.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Stevo_666 said:

cave? i thought it was a room in the house?

what's occured?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    sitting in the xar for the forseeable - bambina and mates taking pics for her gcse media project - a coming of age comedy in Russia theme....
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

what's occured?
    Nope, converted garage.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Moaning,

That looks nice n bright Stevo, not like a garage at all

Just passed/negative a covid test so off to WFW in a while.

Only a couple of degrees outside according to the mercury here, Brrrrr I'll be wearing all the winter gear. Looks sunny, must remember to check the local forecast for later on today.

Have to call into Sainsbury’s on my way to work and pick up a pack of mince pies, bargain @ 25p/pack6 :D now

• MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

what's occured?
    Nope, converted garage.

what's what we thought, so not a cave at all then?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Power tool based gardening was the order of the day. Man (me) and machine (chipper/mulcher) versus a huge swathe of Diosma out the front.

Few hours work saw it reduced to component molecules, all swept up and in the bin.

Physio visit wasn't fun.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

what's occured?
    Nope, converted garage.

It's a posh cave. With lighting and windows. And a fridge :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    edited January 2022

Moaning,

Only a couple of degrees outside according to the mercury here, Brrrrr I'll be wearing all the winter gear. Looks sunny, must remember to check the local forecast for later on today.

Have to call into Sainsbury’s on my way to work and pick up a pack of mince pies, bargain @ 25p/pack6 :D now

It started life as a garage but the previous owners converted it to a studio with decent lighting, electric heaters, couple of windows, plenty of power sockets, suspended wood flooring etc. Close enough to the house to get a wifi signal but far enough away that I can't hear the wife o:)
  • My office is currently our kitchen complete with wood burner, Sonos, boiling tap and bar stools which are quite uncomfortable whilst using a lap top.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

Moaning,

It started life as a garage but the previous owners converted it to a studio with decent lighting, electric heaters, couple of windows, plenty of power sockets, suspended wood flooring etc. Close enough to the house to get a wifi signal but far enough away that I can't hear the wife o:)
    i've started doing this thing with TDV where even if she is sranding next to me I pretend I can't hear.

gets me out of jobs and winds her up a treat, so win-win.

i also used to do this thing years ago after i donked my head where i would say half a sentence, then stop, then when she asked what isaid i would deny saying anything.

hours of fun.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

what's occured?
    Nope, converted garage.

but its not a cave. at all.

it hasn't even got any stalactites or stalagmites, so how can it be a fuckingcave?
  • MattFalle
    Anyway, what about my seat covers?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    It's been a long year, I don't like this working malarkey. Isn't it time I went to the pub or something? Went to the dentist this morning, first time since covid hit. Apparently you have to take your mask off so they can look in your mouth, who'd have thunk? Bit cold and wet wobbling there and back, but then it is January. Popped out to the charity shop lunchtime to dump more stuff from the 'rents place. At least going back to work has been constructive on a personal level.
    Hope your joint issues that aren't arthritis aren't what I had 'loon. Vaguely recall they kept looking for something called the rheumatoid factor in blood tests that wasn't present, but is the indicator for rheumatoid arthritis. In my case it was a lymphoma, good news is that was 15 years ago and I'm still here. Joint issues are mostly gone too.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

what's occured?
    Nope, converted garage.

but its not a cave. at all.

it hasn't even got any stalactites or stalagmites, so how can it be a fuckingcave?
    It's as close as you're going to get to a real one outside of Wales.

• MattFalle
    No its not.

its got a door.

how manyfucking caves do you know that have got doors?

• MattFalle
    it hasn't even got any wild animals in it.

the only growler you're going to get in there is on your secret scrolling tab on your computer.
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

No its not.

its got a door.

Never seen The Flintstones ?

• Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

the only growler you're going to get in there is on your secret scrolling tab on your computer.

I didn't take a pic then the wife brought me a cup of tea.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

No its not.

its got a door.

that's not a cave though is it? its a house
    look, its self standing with a garage, inside lavatory and running water.

its like a Scottish castle of the future.

Caves are generally in something, like a cliff.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

earl grey or standard Tetleys?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Thanks for the insight V68 😳, gives me something else to worry about... 🤔 Good though you are a survivor.

Good sesh with (male) practice nurse, hadn't met him before, v informative on tests and processes. Unexpectedly he went full annual check spectrum, bloods, urine, BP, weight etc on the 4th January, after the festive season diet. Thanks for that timing. Guess how dem scorez will come back. At least recorded as 2kg lighter than last time, if only had weighed before Christmas.

Temps dropping out there, clear skies, been a while.
  • veronese68
    orraloon said:

Thanks for the insight V68 😳, gives me something else to worry about... 🤔 Good though you are a survivor.

Sorry, about that. I should have worded that better. I think it's highly unlikely, the rheumatologist and the oncologist both insisted there was no way the two were linked. After a load of chemo my knees stopped swelling up and the rheumatologist said maybe there was something in it after all. Thankfully the swelling hasn't come back since, but my knees are a bit susceptible to pain. Probably as a result of swelling up like balloons so often.
  • veronese68
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

No its not.

its got a door.

Caves are generally in something, like a cliff.
    Like this?

• Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

earl grey or standard Tetleys?
    Yorkshire.