saturday happy new pineapples

'ning

happy new year all

looks like dry roads for a change, perhaps even a smidge of brightness on the way

ride far and up and down, cafes, lazing

end of year mass has increased by c. 1.5kg, need to adjust input/output ratio for a few weeks, all those mince pies, savoury nibbles, bubblies, rarebits, ports, charcuterie, pineapples, biccies, chocs, etc. are usually offset by hard riding and many hill repeats, but two rounds of post-jab lassitude, a very nasty covid-negative cough, and the grim soggy weather, all took their toll, only rode about half the usual over the last couple of months, sigh

new year, new calendar, mrs s has of course got me the lovely kliban, note the pineapple juice...

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    HNY BBs

I can’t imagine I’m going to have an exciting day 😂
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    'ning

Run runned. None of that parkrun nonsense though, just the joy of the council estate while nobody is around, jumping over fly tipping and car doors etc.

Currently dry although it's trying to rain. Forecast has worsened but still saying scorchio for lunchtime but we'll see. Supposed to be going back up a mountain to look for some stuff that went missing on Wednesday.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Happy New Year, all.

Today is the traditional family outing, cooking bacon butties somewhere for a picnic. It looks a decent day for it for a change.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    HNY Everyone.

Up and about clearing the debris from juniors little gathering, not too bad as there were only 6 of them. Her remaining house guests are having a needed lie in after a late finish and a demolition of the spirits on offer.

Not really planned today yet.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Happy New Year a todos

It’s bright and clear the roads look dry and its warm for the time of year, yet I’ve a definite case of CBA this morning. Might have something to do with the runny nose and eyes that just want to close.

The fields will still be soggy so ride on the trail bike to a country pub might be in order a little later

I’ve made no resolutions, so none to break as yet ;)

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    A resolution to make no more new year resolutions.
    TBH, I haven't made many but lack enough self awareness to know my own faults. It's a handy disposition.

However, I aim to increase the bike miles.
    I'll create a pro forma like this...

Name:
    Disciplines (xc, mtb, road, cba with pedalling):
    This year, my aim is to: (this could be totally un bike related)

...and you lot can fill it in.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Et voila:
  • pinno
    Name:
    Discipline:
    This year, my aim is to
  • pinno
    Now, some of you may have noticed that your user name comes up in a post anyway but that's just bureaucracy for you.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    Coffee & croissants followed by cleaning up the slutty mess we made yesterday. Setting up smp dynamic later which might take some tinkering.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    edited January 2022
    Tired today. Not hungover, no more than usual, just did not sleep at all well. Too little alcohol? Sun has disappeared, rain is back. And so it goes on...

Looked at my total distances year on year, down 19% last year cf 2020. But I need to go look at the duration stats, much less roadie, much more gravel, different type of riding. Wonder about the input effort numbers, don't use a power meter thang. Did lose weight over 2021, judging by the belt buckle measurement.

Edit. Duration, Garmin only so outside no turbo stuff, down 3.5% year on year, which is better comparison, given spring 2020 was that time of 'stay at home, only go out for exercise', empty roads.

Given ease of access to the likes of the Ridgeway and the increasingly hectic, traffic clogged roads in these parts, 2022 will be strongly gravel biased again.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Happy new year everyone. Got the in-laws around again today for a repeat of Christmas Day (now that Mrs GTi is out of isolation and testing negative). Had a stinking migraine yesterday so taking it easy today. Will get up early for a run tomorrow before going to the flicks (teen GTi birthday treat a day early). Anyway, have a lovely day everyone!