'ning

still mild, riding if roads dry out, not if not

cafes, smidge of wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Currently damp outside, supposed to brighten up later.
    Having a rest day today, everyone else can go out and do the hard work.
    Might nuke all the flies in the attic if the rain holds off.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    dark and soggy here, cafe stroll instead of ride
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Positive result back whilst the current wife is negative, so obviously she just has a cold.

So looks like I’m in the Snug/office for the foreseeable future

Might as well do some work then

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    tlw1 said:

Positive result back whilst the current wife is negative, so obviously she just has a cold.

A day too early as well - that sucks tlw.

Not too much on today and we're staying in tonight anyway and one of the pubs in the Village is closed 'till tomorrow so the other one will be rammed. Junior has some of her mates round for a gathering but only 6 of them so not a party.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

A day too early as well - that sucks tlw.
    What a situation to be in.
    Mrs TLW holds the drink cards.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Mild and breezy here. A bit of sun too.

A few bits and bobs to get before the big night. Erm, I dunno about 'big'. It will just be like any other night.
    Rather hoping weather will be conducive to a ride on the morning of 01/01/22.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Just kicking heels and wasting time - need to pop to Edwyns and do some chores but absolutely no motivation.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Sorry tlw1, that sucks. Was the foot really necessary?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Sorry tlw1, that sucks. Was the foot really necessary?
    Absolutely not, which is why it’s there
  • seanoconn
    Child free shortly till tomorrow. I came in high with a 24hour bonkathon, so she low balled me with washing her in the bath. Room to negotiate.
  • MattFalle
    just wankitout. you have all the privacy and internet connections you need in there.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    seanoconn said:

Child free shortly till tomorrow. I came in high with a 24hour bonkathon, so she low balled me with washing her in the bath. Room to negotiate.

Tell her your balls are low which is why you need the bonkathon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Shorty did a painting by numbers picture that she got for Christmas. I'm rather proud of her:

• Well, 2021 can FRO.

To cap off a complete COAY, today I had a message that one of my oldest and dearest friends finally passed away this morning. He was an utterly delightful gentleman, and while his death is not a surprise, nor even sad given his health, it’s still made me cry my eyes out this afternoon.

Pinno and his brake cleaner hissy fit can just f^ck off and shut up.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

Shorty did a painting by numbers picture that she got for Christmas. I'm rather proud of her:

That's super. Nice one Shorty!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Well, 2021 can FRO.

To cap off a complete COAY, today I had a message that one of my oldest and dearest friends finally passed away this morning. He was an utterly delightful gentleman, and while his death is not a surprise, nor even sad given his health, it’s still made me cry my eyes out this afternoon.

That's very sad 'Spinner, on top of everything else, as you say, you've had a COAY. Hold on to the memories of your pal. The love lives on. Here's to a better one next year.
  • pinno
    edited December 2021
    It's not a hissy, it's just a forum WS and mainly this place is about banter and off topic stuff but I do not think that being called a fuckingtwat is justified.

I have a very good friend whom I have known since 1988 and he lost his wife to cancer just 3 days before Christmas. I can't go to the funeral because it's going to be packed with people and that leaves me and my dodgy immune system susceptible.
    I also was told just yesterday (and i'll name him) that my good friend Bill McFadyen passed away. Though he did have a good innings. He held 9 world records in 7 different disciplines at one time from Bench pressing to dead lifts.

Here he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlUrzTT-GnU

None of the above has anything to do with the 'hissy fit'. I am not expecting sympathy or condolences either. It's been another tough year for many.
    So I agree with you - 2021 can just fro.

Goodwill to all I say but not insults.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

What is it?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    It's a caterpillar stupid.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    It’s a painting by numbers picture, seano. Pay attention - it was right there in the post
  • seanoconn

Well, 2021 can FRO.

Sorry for you loss WS.

To be fair to Pinno he doesn’t need to F off or shut up. He’s just arguing a point, which is important to him and amusing to others. To be fair to V68, he didn’t directly call anyone a fuckingtwat and in his defence he was probably Sh!t faced and is now sleeping it off.
  • MattFalle

Well, 2021 can FRO.

that is utterlyshit.

really sorry to hear WS.

As much as we all like a good bicker this puts it all into perspective.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Well, 2021 can FRO.

Sorry for you loss WS.

To be fair to Pinno he doesn’t need to F off or shut up. He’s just arguing a point, which is important to him and amusing to others. To be fair to V68, he didn’t directly call anyone a fuckingtwat and in his defence he was probably Sh!t faced and is now sleeping it off.
    tbf, i think he was actually calling me a Fkgtwt so I'd like everyone to calm down and stop trying to steal my time to shine.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    It’s a painting by numbers picture, seano. Pay attention - it was right there in the post
    is it a drum kit?
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    Of what?
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    is it a drum kit?
    No MF, it’s a painting by numbers picture. Have you been sniffing the brake cleaner?
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    Of what?
    the eiffel tower?
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    is it a drum kit?
    No MF, it’s a painting by numbers picture. Have you been sniffing the brake cleaner?
    aaah - now i got ya.

a pbn of the eiffel tower?

le cool.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    Of what?
    the eiffel tower?
    Ahh, I can see it now, Eiffel Tower at sunset. It’s a bit out there but I like it 👍
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

What is it?
    Of what?
    the eiffel tower?
    Painting by numbers so more like the Blackpool tower…