wednesday has infinitely many infinities

'ning

looks like another soggy start, tiresome

cafes, mince pie, bit of wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Short break almost over, had a ball though so that’s all that counts.

Looks like it’s going to be a wet run with the hounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

Bucketing down outside.
    Set Zwift up, seems they've removed some features from the app so things don't work any more.
    Looked like it had rained in the kitchen when I'd finished.

Forecast looks better for this afternoon, onwards and upwards. Mainly upwards I think.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Soggy and wet, hound walked, TDV has gone to work, bambino to optician in a bit, weights sesh, meh.

May strip that CAAD frame down - you know, the one I said I was going to do the other day.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, soggy dog walk complete. Was going to go for a run but can't be arsed to go back out in the rain. May try later. Will watch the end of 'Battle of the Bulge', first.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MattFalle said:

May strip that CAAD frame down - you know, the one I said I was going to do the other day.

Sell it to Oxo.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Wet, grey, windy, dull.
    Meh.
    Will drop Tricky and Shorty at the local municipal pond for a paddle.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Had a good lie in as usual. It's Mrs. 666s birthday today but she's in a bad mood and hasn't decided what she wants to do yet. Weather 'orrible anyway so we'll shelter indoors with some tea and toast until the weather and her mood improves.

Junior hound got messy enough to need a shower after finding a burrow of some description in the garden and trying to excavate it. Might have to get busy with the chicken wire and fencing later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slow start has been enjoyed, the EPO now has a bee in her bonnet about getting stuff sorted, this means no peace for me 🙄
  • Stevo_666
    Seems it's national Stroppy Old Bag Day but none of have realised until now :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    My OH is perfectly fine but then I can't call her 'old' or a 'bag'

:smiley:
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Patience, Young Jedi ;)
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

You could but I suspect you might regret it if she found out. 🤭🤣
    Pinno's just trying to drop hints that his OH is still in her thirties. He's got it all to look forward to :p
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

pinno said:

Pinno's just trying to drop hints that his OH is still in her thirties. He's got it all to look forward to :p
    (So’s mine - for another 5 months anyway!)

Day 5 of isolation from the other side. Had tons of housework/cooking/laundry to do. Maybe the missus has been on to something with the hints that I should help more… on the plus side, I’ve nearly finished one of the 13 books I was given for Xmas/birthday and re-watched a couple of Spider-Man films in preparation for the new one on Sunday.

Meant that I’ve continued to not get any exercise. My left hip does not thank me.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

pinno said:

(So’s mine - for another 5 months anyway!)

Day 5 of isolation from the other side. Had tons of housework/cooking/laundry to do. Maybe the missus has been on to something with the hints that I should help more… on the plus side, I’ve nearly finished one of the 13 books I was given for Xmas/birthday and re-watched a couple of Spider-Man films in preparation for the new one on Sunday.

Meant that I’ve continued to not get any exercise. My left hip does not thank me.
    Another bloody cradle snatcher ;)
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    13 and a bit years difference. Can’t complain!
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2021
    johngti said:

13 and a bit years difference. Can’t complain!

Definitely don't complain. That's what wives are for :)
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Cradle snatcher is the bloke I work with, he,s 60 and she's 30. Their about to get legally hitched after 3yrs living in sin. Suspect a little wriggler might have something to do with the marriage bit though. Been giving him banter over it. Imagine school parents evening when he turns up and teacher asks why grandads come along. 😳 🤭🤣. On the upside he's looking at retiring to look after baby as his OH earns more than he does.

He fails the creepy test Oxo (minimum age for a girlfriend below which it looks a bit creepy is half your age plus 7).
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Have a friend who split eventually from his incredibly annoying missus and got together with a Japanese girl. He's now well into his 70s with 2 primary school aged kids... Guess he can pass off as grandpa at the school gates corral.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

He fails the creepy test Oxo (minimum age for a girlfriend below which it looks a bit creepy is half your age plus 7).

I don't think I'd get away with that :/
    Don't think I'd want to either.

• pinno
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

It's the age gap. Was dropping the girls off for swimming and an acquaintance said 'such n such is here from across the water, he's in the gym'. So, I wandered in to speak to him and there were 2 females, in gym kit, very easy on the eye, standing there talking. Well, I say 'talking'; it was another language. It's like they were from another planet.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

For me soon it'll be anything under 35 is creepy :/
  • Stevo_666
    Think I'll stick to cider and footy for now.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Cider and shorts chosen for our unofficial mayor
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Purple pool - is that a sheep dip?
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Sheep dip is a sort of brown colour - that's ^ iodine.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2021
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

I defer to your expertise in these matters Mr. P.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Iodine is Mr SG's 'field'. Pun intended.
    He can explain.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Iodine is Mr SG's 'field'. Pun intended.
    He can explain.
    I was referring to the sheep...
  • Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Looks a bit like UV lighting colour, probably some bizarre Welsh tanning salon process.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Looks a bit like UV lighting colour, probably some bizarre Welsh tanning salon process.

Well they don't get much actual sunlight