sungod Posts: 16,434
edited December 2021 in The bottom bracket
'ning

assume it'll be another soggy ride

cafes, rarebit, mince pie, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• “… the the…”?

Cracking day here, somewhat spoiled by 3 hours bouncing about on the mower.

Brief snooze in the sun, then a trip out to Mum’s to reset the radio because she’d pushed a wrong button and couldn’t figure out which. 🙄

Tea and cake now, staring at this view again.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    band's name conjured by auto complete
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod said:

band's name conjured by auto complete

"Gym and the post box " is what my autocomplete suggests after punching in a few random letters.

Soggy here. Not much planned. Might do an easy Zwift ride and see if I can remember how to connect everything up.
  • sungod
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    About to venture outside, it sounds ferkin shoot

Won’t stop the holiday fun though
  • sungod
    raining again here, wet weather togs again

ws is hogging all the sun
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    edited December 2021
    Very grey and borderline rainy here.

Had the in-laws round most of yesterday so managed to make a dent in our good wine stash. Spoilt slightly by the whancker BIL insisting on facetiming everyone from the States. Junior hound got bored and found a way out of the garden under the fencing - probably a hole dug by a fox, now blocked with chicken wire and a big chunk of masonry. Forcing your way through large damp holly bushes is such fun...

Going to be boring and do some administrative things, followed by a hound walk and a session on the exercise bike.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited December 2021
    oxoman said:

Morning All from a very soggy and nearly submerged south derbyshire. I must be feeling better as I'm doing a fun run shortly for young oxo,s football club and cry. Cardiac Risk in the Young. Might turn into a swim yet.

Then all you need to do is pedal there and a bag yourself triathlon.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    [Never mind autocorrect, i'm going to try English in the written form first]
  • pinno
    Morning from a soggy Land of Jock.
    Northern Calif gets snow snow snow after southern Calif earlier in the year gets scorched scorched scorched. Unusually mild weather. It's all wrong and quite unsettling.
    Little food for our prickly residents who won't be hibernating in these temps.

Nice WS, nice.

• pinno
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

If you thought it could get any wetter in Welshland, you couldn't have picked a better week to go to prove yourself wrong.

Circa2021
  • sungod
    pinno said:

Northern Calif gets snow snow snow after southern Calif earlier in the year gets scorched scorched scorched. Unusually mild weather. It's all wrong and quite unsettling.

we've fu​cked the climate, just remains to be seen how bad things will get, it's already becoming unliveable for many people in africa/middle east

here, another soggy ride led inevitably to huge cut in rear tub, ssssss

coasted on flat tub to cafe to take advantage of awning to shelter from the rain, ordered coffee outside, removed tub, fitted tufo spare, inflated to 8 bar, coffee still hot

practice == speed

restorative mince pie before sticking another wheel on and then start the glue ritual
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Climate change = more cut tubs
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

If you thought it could get any wetter in Welshland, you couldn't have picked a better week to go to prove yourself wrong.

Circa2021
    Sun is shinning……..

this was the path on the earlier run though

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks, slow start here. That won't surprise anyone. Moist out but going for a waddle as I need some air. Will be using my new headphones, weird bone conduction jobbies that seem like black magic even though I completely understand how they work. For some reason I feel like listening to Soul Mining, can't imagine why.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Stevo_666
    'Tis a bit quiet here. Not sure about anyone else but I've been getting on with stuff. Even started on my tax return - that's enough excitement for one day...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

'Tis a bit quiet here. Not sure about anyone else but I've been getting on with stuff. Even started on my tax return - that's enough excitement for one day...

Easy tiger.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

we've fu​cked the climate, just remains to be seen how bad things will get, it's already becoming unliveable for many people in africa/middle east

coasted on flat tub to cafe to take advantage of awning to shelter from the rain, ordered coffee outside, removed tub, fitted tufo spare, inflated to 8 bar, coffee still hot

practice == speed

restorative mince pie before sticking another wheel on and then start the glue ritual
    116 psi ?! No wonder you get punctures.
    I run 65 to 70 psi on 27mm tyres.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Easy tiger.
    Uncanny - it was quite easy :smile:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    SG is old school and rides at old school pressures, no dicking about. I'm guessing shiny bike has rather more compliance in the frame than many others. That's going to take some of the sting out.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Easy tiger.
    Stevo prefers taming lions 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2021
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Easy tiger.
    Don't we all?

• pinno
    oxoman said:

SG you'll be getting piles at them pressures ...

FTFY

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Easy tiger.
    I have never heard that euphemism TBH.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Easy tiger.
    I have never heard that euphemism TBH.
    https://youtu.be/LqQlCOmXuHM
  • pinno
    You could swap 'accountancy' with 'tax'.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

SG you'll be getting piles at them pressures ...

Pinno said me thinks, SG you'll be getting piles at them pressures ...
    FTFY

Looks like someone's putting words in my name. Piles are obligatory at our age supposedly.

I expect that the sheer volume of Pineapple he consumes keeps him well reg'lar innit.
  • sungod
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

practice == speed

21-22mm front, 23mm rear, it's not a mtb :smiley:

lightweight recommend 8 bar on obermayers, which are comfy wheels, if i swap to other wheels they're less stiff but ride harsher

if pressure is much lower, it's just a countdown to wheel damage on potholes, c.7 bar is asking for it, chipped both rims on a pair that way
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

practice == speed

21-22mm front, 23mm rear, it's not a mtb :smiley:

lightweight recommend 8 bar on obermayers, which are comfy wheels, if i swap to other wheels they're less stiff but ride harsher

if pressure is much lower, it's just a countdown to wheel damage on potholes, c.7 bar is asking for it, chipped both rims on a pair that way
    116psi is fine - I run 125psi on 22/23s and have never had a problem.

theres actually a school if thought that says higher pressures lead to less punctures....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    oxoman said:

Sungod, removed tub, fitted tufo spare, inflated to 8 bar.

Pinno 116 psi ?! No wonder you get punctures. I run 65 to 70 psi on 27mm tyres.

SG you'll be getting vibration white finger at them pressures and that's without the rest of your body suffering, unless you riding on velodrome smooth roads.

nah he won't that's fine. it works for him and millions of others.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.