ride, cafes, mince pie, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Gentle run with hounds then pack up for a few days away in Welsh wales
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    If you thought it could get any wetter in Welshland, you couldn't have picked a better week to go to prove yourself wrong.
    Watch out for things being launched out of Trebuchet's, possibly on fire, sometimes bike parts.

Soggy, gloomy. grey. Cat turned up at 8am after an all nighter the dodgy furry basket. Then decided to play piano on me and when I put my hand on his head, I got a whack.

This week, we shall mowstly be trying to find Shorty and Tricky things to do.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Morning. John majorish out again cba to do a great deal apart from slob still. Feeling better but not 100%. Contemplating getting rid of my Anthem and replacing with something a bit harder hitting. Bird, Vitus, Trance not sure yet. Need to get back the feeling to push boundaries again. See what happens come summer time.

A soulless Giant, an obscure Bird or a dated Vitus.
    How exciting.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    downpour stared at cafe stop two, another soaking, sigh

just got carried away with the mouli and grated about twice as much cheese as necessary for rarebits, will have to make more rarebits

back to the grill
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Been out to return stuff that the Mrs ordered online but didn't like. Popped to Tesco to get extra supplies for the in-laws visit today, luckily they are the more bearable ones and the BILs daughters are quite presentable (and in their 20's before anyone asks...).

Posh plonk including the soda streamed version that many like a lot is chilling. Nice to be hosting as otherwise I'd have to drive and wouldn't be able to have a drink. Mrs. 666 and Stroptwentysomething are on food detail and getting suitably stressed already.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

pinno said:

oxoman said:

Morning. John majorish out again cba to do a great deal apart from slob still. Feeling better but not 100%. Contemplating getting rid of my Anthem and replacing with something a bit harder hitting. Bird, Vitus, Trance not sure yet. Need to get back the feeling to push boundaries again. See what happens come summer time.

A soulless Giant, an obscure Bird or a dated Vitus.
    How exciting.
    Not totally soulless the anthem I've got punches well above its weight so expecting the trance to do the same or bird aeris which I've test ridden and liked or the new updated vitus escarpe 27 crx. Can't stand Santa cruz or specialized as paying alot for the name. Will see what happens.
    Oxo, just tippex an extra 'o' onto the name on the frame and hey presto, bike snobs everywhere will approve of your little known Italian thoroughbred bikes, the Gianto, the Birdo and the Vituso :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    edited December 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

Says the bloke who bought a Snappierre.

@Oxo - Cannondale synapse gets great reviews.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Says the bloke who bought a Snappierre.

It's French ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    When did Piña become an expert on mountain bikes 😂

Afternoon folks,
    Slow start was enjoyed, now relaxing for all I'm worth. Mild pottering to be done, other than that I'll be unwinding as much as possible.
    Have a good day people.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    All my village mates are dropping like stones with covid, thankfully we are still negative, but got the feeling it won’t be long. So making the most of the holiday whilst we can…….
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    tlw1 said:

All my village mates are dropping like stones with covid, thankfully we are still negative, but got the feeling it won’t be long. So making the most of the holiday whilst we can…….

I'm drinkin' in the rain, drinkin' in the rain
    What a glorious feeling I'm negative again
    I'm laughing at clouds so dark above... 😉
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

If you want grey and gloomier than Wales, North Yorkshire is the place to be.
    And it's cold and windy and everyone wears funny hats.

Knees are shot after going up and down the steps on Ingleborough and Whernside, for lols.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Already use my TCX as a gravel bike and light XC bike. Just a bit hairy on bits of Cannock red. Nothing wrong with lappiere except the 2 that mates have had, had fork issues. Don't need another road bike as I've got my touring come comutte Moda and melt in the sun carbon defy best bike.

So the only people you know who have Snapierre's... have had problems with them.
  • pinno

Since when did Stevo become an expert on road bikes?

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Already use my TCX as a gravel bike and light XC bike. Just a bit hairy on bits of Cannock red. Nothing wrong with lappiere except the 2 that mates have had, had fork issues. Don't need another road bike as I've got my touring come comutte Moda and melt in the sun carbon defy best bike.

So the only people you know who have Snapierre's... have had problems with the Fox or Rockshox forks on them
    FTFY ;)

• veronese68
    pinno said:

He's not
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

He's not
    Being an expert in one really boring subject (tax) is quite enough for me, ta :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning

If you want grey and gloomier than Wales, North Yorkshire is the place to be.
    And it's cold and windy and everyone wears funny hats.

Knees are shot after going up and down the steps on Ingleborough and Whernside, for lols.

Trust you did penyghent as well. Lovely area except when it cloudy and damp.
    No, fukdat it was cold and foggy and blowing a hooley. Went and did Pendle Hill on the way back instead which was just as bad.
    I'll save Pen y Ghent for a 3 peaks trip when there's more hours of daylight and better weather.
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

He's not
    Being an expert in one really boring subject (tax) is quite enough for me, ta :)
    😂
  • pinno

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

He's not
    😂
    Quite enough for us too!