If Daniel Craig had done one more Bond................

Carry on Bond.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    As much as I like Craig, he was right on the limit of believability for a rugged action hero in the last outing.

The unconventionally handsome don’t usually age well.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    seanoconn said:

As much as I like Craig, he was right on the limit of believability for a rugged action hero in the last outing.

That's a good observation. Perhaps the most ugly age best as they have less to lose.
    There's hope for MF yet.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,590
    seanoconn said:

I’d say he was past it but it played well enough for the plot.
    Will be interesting how it goes from here.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • masjer
    Maybe the Bond franchise has seen its best days already.
  • pblakeney
    edited December 2021
    I’d disagree as I thoroughly enjoyed the last one and consider the Craig series to be the best of the bunch.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pblakeney said:

seanoconn said:

Where it goes actor wise is tricky. The obvious choice Tom Hardy is 44. Time they get round to filming a bond, 46 maybe. Not a great long term prospect.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • masjer
    Rege-Jean Page ticking the right boxes for the current climate.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    I reckon they need someone in their mid thirties to realistically get 3 or 4 films out of them.

Unfortunately, Craig selfishly holding on for one more film and the subsequent delays with No Time To Die have put me out of the running.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I have only seen adverts for the latest Bond film .In one of them it looks like he is giving his granddaughter a lift .
  • masjer
    lesfirth said:

I have only seen adverts for the latest Bond film .In one of them it looks like he is giving his granddaughter a lift .

Oh yeah, I see what you mean Les.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Not Daniel C but. Just watched View To A Kill. Didn't remember any of it bar Grace Jones on the Eiffel Tower. And the theme toon. Roger Moore = fat boi. Ridiculous plot lines. Well silly.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Well don’t forget that Sir Roger is the Bondest of all the Bonds.
  • Pross
    Having read the books I've never understood why people claim Moore is closest to Fleming's character.
  • pblakeney
    Pross said:

Having read the books I've never understood why people claim Moore is closest to Fleming's character.

He simply isn't. My guess is Moore was Bond when gethinceri first started watching.
    It is a common theory. Ties into Dr. Who as well. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,686
    pblakeney said:

Pross said:

He simply isn't. My guess is Moore was Bond when gethinceri first started watching.

Doesn't work for me & Dr Who - Jon Pertwee was the one I started with, but Tom Baker was the best.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    seanoconn said:

pblakeney said:

seanoconn said:

Where it goes actor wise is tricky. The obvious choice Tom Hardy is 44. Time they get round to filming a bond, 46 maybe. Not a great long term prospect.
    I agree about the age thing in general, but I do remember reading about one of the SAS patrol leaders during the first gulf war, who was 52 at the time...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    edited December 2021
    Many think Connery was the best Bond and he was 53 when he starred in his last Bond film (a year older than Craig is now). So maybe now is a decent time time to bow out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    edited December 2021
    SPOILER

For me Connery is still the quintessential Bond - Daniel Craig has made a pretty good fist of it but just lacks the presence Connery had.

Interesting to see where they go from here. I'd like them to to try something different - maybe be a bit braver - explore the character a bit more. Having killed off Bond this would be the opportunity to reinvent the franchise but I'm guessing they'll carry on with the high kill count action movie approach as it sells tickets.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • pblakeney
    ^^^Including spoilers is bad form.^^^
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pross
    pblakeney said:

Pross said:

Moore was the Bond I grew up with and I probably enjoyed his panto Bond as a kid but I think he's the worst of the lot (including Lazenby and Dalton).
  • DeVlaeminck
    pblakeney said:

Yes if it was a current film but once it's no longer showing at cinemas ... and just about any discussion of the film or the search for a new Bond now mentions it.

If anyone that cared didn't already know though it won't spoil your enjoyment of the film as it's not really key to the plot.
  • pblakeney
    edited December 2021

pblakeney said:

Yes if it was a current film but once it's no longer showing at cinemas ... and just about any discussion of the film or the search for a new Bond now mentions it.

If anyone that cared didn't already know though it won't spoil your enjoyment of the film as it's not really key to the plot.
    It is still No.7 in the box office charts for cinemas.
    I had no idea till I watched it last week. Still bad form.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,279
    Seems a fairly key point...

The forum has a handy spoiler tag for this reason
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,686
    pangolin said:

And it's one thing that actually works...
  • I haven’t seen it yet, preferring to wait for the early release dvd, which I now have.
    While I hadn’t read it in print, I had read enough partial reviews to have guessed. So, I am not too bothered to have it confirmed.

I am also not bothered about who will be Craig’s replacement, as unquestionably the franchise will be given a full (started in this film) makeover to fit 21st values.
    Indeed I wouldn’t be surprised if it were to become Jane Bond.

Given how this current film ends and since Bond was created 70 years ago, partially in the image of his misogynistic creator, I think it’s time call banco on Bond.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • masjer

I am also not bothered about who will be Craig’s replacement, as unquestionably the franchise will be given a full (started in this film) makeover to fit 21st values.

They might have to have some different titles.
    Dr. No Thank You.
    You Only Live Nice.
    Live and Let Live.
    The Person With The Golden Gun.
    The Spy Who Loved Everybody.
    Cry Another Day.
    That sort of thing.
  • pblakeney
    masjer said:

They might have to have some different titles.
    Dr. No Thank You.
    You Only Live Nice.
    Live and Let Live.
    The Person With The Golden Gun.
    The Spy Who Loved Everybody.
    Cry Another Day.
    That sort of thing.
    Sean Connery gave it a good go.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • DeVlaeminck
    pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

It is still No.7 in the box office charts for cinemas.
    I had no idea till I watched it last week. Still bad form.
    Ok didn't realise just assumed it had finished it's run months ago so apologies - have added spoiler heading to the post.
  • DeVlaeminck
    pangolin said:

Yes I take the point - accept it's quite a big thing in the film - I meant it's not really part of the plot so much in that I think the same film could have been made without it - but accept it's kind of a surprise.

Apologies again if I've given it away - must admit I thought it had come out earlier in the year than it actually did.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

Apologies again if I've given it away - must admit I thought it had come out earlier in the year than it actually did.

Anyone who wasn't already aware of the ending - several months after release - has either been living in a cave, or probably shouldn't be referring to themselves as a 'Bond fan' anyway...