Campagnolo part identification

Can anyone help identify the groupset of the below pics? I'm not very familiar with campag parts and have some left from a previous owner in my garage. Looking to sell them on to someone who may use them, but need to know what they are before I can advertise them!

Thank you in advance

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    I'm not up on the older stuff but Pista is their track groupset.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Probably dates from the 1970s or so, it's just a track crankset. Not sure if they did more than one spec but the crank arms look like Gran Sport or Nuovo Record of the time.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Send the pic to Campag? Or is there a campag users group out there? prob not worth much but nice on a retro bike with a square taper bb
  • They are, as said, Campag Pista. They were only available in Record. One key question is the bcd of the set - the diameter of the bolt circle. The older ones are 151. From the spare rings in the background I’d wonder if the owner was a trackie, although most used 165 not 170 cranks.
    It’s had some use, and abuse. The dust caps have for some reason been butchered - I’m guessing someone rounded off the Allen key hole.
    To advertise them they are Campag 170 Pista cranks. I’d sell any rings that fit with them perhaps. Check the bcd, and I’d check that the pedal threads are ok.