thursday discerning arcane symbols in the cosmic microwave background

'ning

unrelenting gloomygrey, slow decline in temperature, it is surely the heat death of the universe

ride, cafe, wfh, seek out new mince pies, risk coma in heroic attempt to do some gmc admin, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Bring on the solstice. Things, can only get better, can only get better.

Trying to self motivate to get arris in gear for last day of work work, the revenue generating stuff, of this wunnerful year.

Looks like will have 3 days of tree planting down by The River tomorrow and next week, n thousand supposed to be in by end of the year under some funding deal, n-x thousand in so far. Bare root trees adhere of course to the human constructed calendar.

Get on with it. Ok.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Decent night of biking and pubs last night was enjoyed, but it did rather eat into my sleep.

Work stuff with way too many meetings and later I should do a run
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Booster this morning. Have a slight non covid cough. Waiting for ultrasound appointment on my shoulder, can’t ride, generally meh.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Looking forward to gti’s latest prison diary entry.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

in the gym - yay!
    Freezing cold - boo!
    last full day of work - yay!
    'Leccy out in part of house - boo!
    Bambino came first across school in maths comp - yay!
    Too cold to ride bicycle - boo!
    Got promoted - yay!
    Have to pretend to do work from now on - boo!
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn said:

Physically he's doing fine, psychologically he's in a critical state.
    Perhaps some gently soothing words will dampen down the anxiety and send him on a more positive mental course. The sort of encouragement that will lift his spirits and he can cruise to the line, sleep better, feel good about himself.
    @johngti : Man up up you silly f*cker.

That's him sorted. Now back to business. Which is, a bit of shopping, Café and a bit of tinkering.

What comes first SG - the cooling down of the Universe or our sun expanding before it's ultimate demise as a white dwarf?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Perhaps some gently soothing words will dampen down the anxiety and send him on a more positive mental course. The sort of encouragement that will lift his spirits and he can cruise to the line, sleep better, feel good about himself.
    or he could just wankitout

the latter is the winner methinks.

• seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

@johngti : Man up up you silly f*cker.

That's him sorted
    Well that’s no fun, don’t encourage him.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Day 8 of isolation, he’s probably too sore by now.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

in the gym - yay!
    Freezing cold - boo!
    Got promoted - yay!

3 star General?
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

RSI can be cured with a Hello Kitty plaster.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

in the gym - yay!
    Freezing cold - boo!
    Got promoted - yay!

3 star General?
    3 star slacker/scruffiest man in the Army more like....
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

RSI can be cured with a Hello Kitty plaster.
    or just change hands

Also feels like you have a guest helping out.
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

thats just weakness manifesting itself and you sometimes have to show weakness who is boss.
  • MattFalle
    I bet you never caught Douglas Bader thinking "oh no, my legs hurt, I'd better not smash one out in the block latrines" did you?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    MattFalle said:

I bet you never caught Douglas Bader thinking "oh no, my legs hurt, I'd better not smash one out in the block latrines" did you?

Assume he sat down to do it
  • Not much to report, shopped yesterday and had lunch at The Ivy.
    My review was that the food was nice however I feel it's highly over priced and some people just go to these places because they want to tell the internet that they have be...

Oh wait a minute...

Today will consist of throwing prices at people.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Bloody France...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Day 8. It’s at nighttime now, too. Someone (or something) was on the roof. I could hear it clomping around in its boots, it was sent by her I know it. What was it doing? What were they hoping to achieve? Don’t they realise that I know what their game is???? I was given instant porridge this morning. Which is weird. Because it really was instant, like she knew what I was going to ask for. It’s mind control. Or witchcraft. Or am I just completely unable to track the passage of time now!??!!!??!

In other news, fully binged Cobra Kai on Netflix and, as a person who enjoyed the karate kid as a youngster, it was very enjoyable. Bring on series 4!
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

in the gym - yay!
    Freezing cold - boo!
    Got promoted - yay!

Promoted! Nice one! Sit down and let everyone else do the work from now on 🤘🤘🤘
  • johngti
    Although, speaking as a maths teacher, full respect to bambino! Takes a lot to do well at those things!
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

RAF pilots learnt to eject.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

in the gym - yay!
    Freezing cold - boo!
    Got promoted - yay!

Promoted to general laccy and chief plaster issuer.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Day 8. It’s at nighttime now, too. Someone (or something) was on the roof. I could hear it clomping around in its boots, it was sent by her I know it. What was it doing? What were they hoping to achieve? Don’t they realise that I know what their game is???? I was given instant porridge this morning. Which is weird. Because it really was instant, like she knew what I was going to ask for. It’s mind control. Or witchcraft. Or am I just completely unable to track the passage of time now!??!!!??!

In other news, fully binged Cobra Kai on Netflix and, as a person who enjoyed the karate kid as a youngster, it was very enjoyable. Bring on series 4!

You know what they are up to - sure but there's nothing you can do.
    It's been nice knowing you.

However - don't loose the faith; al is not lost. We need to forumulate an escape.
    [I dunnowhodafuck Al is].

Seano is going to play the Catholic priest for the pre-sacrificial full confessional. (To cleanse the soul of sins before meeting the big bloke - up or down).
    He'll hide you under his Cassock and sneak you out.
    At this point in time, one might assume this is a risky strategy given historical incidents but Seano's not really that way inclined. Well, at least, I don't think so and you can hope.
    We will get you in the back of a Ford Transit van and whisk you off to SG's lab where he'll give you a thorough examination just to make sure you are okay.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Although, speaking as a maths teacher, full respect to bambino! Takes a lot to do well at those things!

grazie! must admit to be well proud of him and he was well nuzzing in the motor home, so v contented father.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

RAF pilots learnt to eject.
    not in 1938 they didn't.

i think that was part of the initial problem tbh....
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

in the gym - yay!
    Freezing cold - boo!
    Got promoted - yay!

grazie!. fully intend to develop my scruffiness skills to their max.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

if its in the ceiling then the only thing for it is to get it out so if i were you i'd start smashing holes in the ceiling to see where it is.

you can then tempt it out by leaving food for it in small piles around your room.

if that doesn't work, force it into a corner by wankingit out and throwing globs of jizz at it then catch it in a sheet.

even if you can't see it its worth takibg this course of action i reckon and I'm the scruffiest man I know..
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

You know what they are up to - sure but there's nothing you can do.
    It's been nice knowing you.

However - don't loose the faith; al is not lost. We need to forumulate an escape.
    [I dunnowhodafuck Al is].

Seano is going to play the Catholic priest for the pre-sacrificial full confessional. (To cleanse the soul of sins before meeting the big bloke - up or down).
    He'll hide you under his Cassock and sneak you out.
    At this point in time, one might assume this is a risky strategy given historical incidents but Seano's not really that way inclined. Well, at least, I don't think so and you can hope.
    We will get you in the back of a Ford Transit van and whisk you off to SG's lab where he'll give you a thorough examination just to make sure you are okay.
    We need a signal so I know you’re on the way. I might be able to use the little people and the animals to formulate some sort of distraction, need to plan but I’m constantly being watched.

Oh and make sure it’s after 23.59 on Saturday because that’s when I’m clear.
  • pinno
    I'll beep the horn and flash the lights.
    It will be the sound of a Transit Mk6 van because they have that lovely Duratorq engine which is most reliable.
    Noises like this are common place in urban environments so won't raise any suspicion.
    1 beep for get ready, 2 beeps for go!

3 beeps and we've been rumbled.