thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

WFH
    Hope parcel turns up
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Gentle jog with hounds now bacon time.

Later is the Christmas ride with the local MTB club, obviously pubs are involved.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, dog walked, drop the small one off at school, bike in, read, interview.
  • Moaning,

plan to burn off a few mince pie calories today, pain in the hills...

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tetley10 said:

Yo dudes, dog walked, drop the small one off at school, bike in, read, interview.

Your interview or you’re interviewing someone else?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Moaning,

Taking a few calories for the mince pie team 👍 Top man.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Morning. WFH today (not a lot to do tbh). Got a 2nd pcr test later. Monday’s was inconclusive. Pah!

Heat pad in meecrowavey for bad back.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn

Morning. WFH today (not a lot to do tbh). Got a 2nd pcr test later. Monday’s was inconclusive. Pah!

Must remember to watch a bit of Christmas Nigella knock up some calorific grub from her ridiculous pantry.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Why 'pain' Croker?
    Age, lack of fitness, injury or... you're going to smash it?

It's black here. I do not like the current global tilt nor the position of the ice caps.

Today will be..., well, I don't know. A bit like Thistle - waiting for a parcel. I have cleared the decks after a very busy period. Not sure body is up to a pedal after the doubles game. My immune system is protesting.
    What in your parcel Thistle?

I got some luverly base layers out of Sports pursuit. Long Johns if you want to call them something. So cushty soft and warm.
    The only time I have actually waited for the Black Friday sale to do any shopping.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Moaning,

Can’t believe this, but still not had one
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Moaning,

You’re a finely honed athlete who counts every calorie, it’s to be expected.

50 pints a week + 1 mince pie is pushing it.
  • seanoconn
    Speaking of which, a friend/acquaintance of mince was feeling unwell recently and went to doctor. When asked about alcohol consumption he said he drank 50 pints a week. Obviously the doctor advised him this was way to high and to cut back.

Of course you never tell the doctor the whole truth and he’d halved the actual amount. 100 pints a week! How is that even possible!?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

Must remember to watch a bit of Christmas Nigella 'cos she's well fit with massive norks
    ftfy

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Went to the gym. Listened to the 'Phincs too loud.

now going to have a shower then head off for booster jab.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Moaning,

Something has to go 😂
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Speaking of which, a friend/acquaintance of mince was feeling unwell recently and went to doctor. When asked about alcohol consumption he said he drank 50 pints a week. Obviously the doctor advised him this was way to high and to cut back.

Of course you never tell the doctor the whole truth and he’d halved the actual amount. 100 pints a week! How is that even possible!?

I told the truth(ish) once and it triggered an alcoholic dependence survey, my favourite question was ‘have you ever hurt yourself or friends whilst drinking’ I’m like have you even been on a decent night out
  • pinno said:

Why 'pain' Croker?

It's black here. I do not like the current global tilt nor the position of the ice caps.

First two without a doubt. Living on the coast I have to go a way to get to the hills and I haven’t been that way for a while. Last month I had a day cycling in the Lake District, LOL no flat bits! Hills are my weakness but it's always nice to col a hill

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

pinno said:

Why 'pain' Croker?

First two without a doubt. Living on the coast I have to go a way to get to the hills and I haven’t been that way for a while. Last month I had a day cycling in the Lake District, LOL no flat bits! Hills are my weakness but it's always nice to col a hill

Should come to the shires, we class mole hills as climbs. OK not 100% true but the areas isn't exactly know for its climbs, well bar Brill Hill.

Anyway, greetings from the dull grey of Heck. Weirdly warm, I thought winter was supposed to be cold? Did I miss a memo about it being replaced?

Been trying to book my 3rd shanking, seems no where within a 40 mile radius will allow me to which is a real pain. Ho hum keep trying I guess.

TLW, the pint to pie ratio seems a little off though, surely you want some additional pies in there to help soak up the alcohol? Unless like me you lace your pies with enough booze to preserve them for a decade.
    In fact either way it would be off as you could get smashed on a couple of pies and when the officer enquires if you have been drinking after parking your car in the nearest bus shelter, you can proudly proclaim that you have not even had a sip.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

Moaning,

Well yes - there's a fine balance to reconcile when you are a finely honed athlete.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    seanoconn said:

Must remember to watch a bit of Christmas Nigella knock up some calorific grub from her ridiculous pantry.
    Reminds me of that old joke about the difference between Gordon Ramsay and a cross country run.

One of them is a pant in the country...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Day 7. I’ve been left alone. The TV is on in here, people are talking about fraud. Is that a message for me? Am I being fraudulently held here? Is it all a lie? What are they after? There’s things I know but they’re useless to anyone but me. Is that what they’re after? I tried to escape but only got as far as the door - the guard dog showed some interest so I gave up.

In other news, binging on Cobra Kai is fun.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Anyhow, day 3 of the tree and hedge decimation and they're making good progress. Might need to re-seed some of the lawn in the not too distant future after all of that, mind.

Did a bit of work this morning, will do a bit more in the afternoon but in the meantime have got glazing person round shortly for a quote, then off out to buy the Christmas tree.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

Day 7. I’ve been left alone. The TV is on in here, people are talking about fraud. Is that a message for me? Am I being fraudulently held here? Is it all a lie? What are they after? There’s things I know but they’re useless to anyone but me. Is that what they’re after? I tried to escape but only got as far as the door - the guard dog showed some interest so I gave up.

In other news, binging on Cobra Kai is fun.

It’s only a matter of time before the wolves catch the scent of your weakened form. An untold number of furious eyes watching you from the blackness as you sleep with just a cm of patio glass separating you from their hungry mouths.
  • Changed priorities on the jobs list for me. Seems there's a long-short chance that we will have visitors in early January, which means the guest accommodation needs to be cleared out and tidied up.

That means I now have to get the linen closet rebuild completed, or at least functional, and probably reinstate the office.

Cue a trip to timber merchant for a selection of oak boards to make up some door frame pieces, and there goes another day.

Ran spare wire through hole in wall to enable later fitting of light box above the desk some day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    just had 3rd jab - the Doris giving them out has done so many now theres no novelty chitter chat, she just asks you your name and sticks a needle in you. Proper.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

just had 3rd jab - the Doris giving them out has done so many now theres no novelty chitter chat, she just asks you your name and sticks a needle in you. Proper.

Where’s the romance in that?
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2021
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Where’s the romance in that?
    well, she did offer to give me finger bum, so thats always a bonus.
  • photonic69
    MattFalle said:

I asked the nurse doing my bloods last week for that. She just laughed and said I need to get it booked with a GP. I explained it was just for pleasure but she looked a bit shocked and ushered me out. A shame as she’s a very pretty Polish lass.

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508

MattFalle said:

I asked the nurse doing my bloods last week for that. She just laughed and said I need to get it booked with a GP. I explained it was just for pleasure but she looked a bit shocked and ushered me out. A shame as she’s a very pretty Polish lass.

I’d like to say that I can recommend it…
  • photonic69
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

I’d like to say that I can recommend it…
    As long as it’s not a “fist to the wrist” I think I’ll be ok :D