monday wallowing in the castalian spring

'ning

dry, mildness hanging on

ride and cafes, mince pie, further f&m rarebit research, wfh and discuss potential peregrination amongst lands of sands, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Still not had a mince pie 😢

Hounds, work and then a bike ride just as they forecast is as wet as possible
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Monring, grey dull an non descript here

Zero pedalling this weekend I decided to strip down the bike, an promptly realise I didn't have all the parts needed. Pro skills there for me.

Pounding headache this morning for some reason unknown, maybe a mince pie will cure it?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    tlw1 said:

? Diet?

How much alcohol does 1 mince pie equal?

Please fill the form in below.

Cider......
    Ale......
    Stout.....
    Lager....
    Vino (white).....
    Vino (Red)....
    Vino (rose)....
    Bubbly....
    MD 20/20.....

Frkkin hell it's dark.
    Haven't recovered rom that C19/flu doubles game and getting up in the morning has been tricky.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Vaccines or infections Pinno?

Start of day 5 here. More marking. More video lessons. Same four walls. Still no hugs.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

? Diet?

Cider......
    Ale......
    Stout.....
    Lager....
    Vino (white).....
    Vino (Red)....
    Vino (rose)....
    Bubbly....
    MD 20/20.....

No diet just a miss by the catering division. Who insists on doing the shopping as apparently I just buy odd stuff when I go. Harsh, I thought the squid was loverly
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    rained just as i was about to ride, grrrr, switched to stroll instead, two new tubs on and lots of glass in the roads, grrr, need to swap to the wheels with the sacrificial tubs now that soggy season has set in

mince pie time
  • Airport run ran, swim swum, desk driving to commence.
    Chance of mice pies is relatively low.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612

Chance of mice pies is relatively low.

Guess depends where you choose to shop.

Tedious return the recalcitrant piece of kit back to the non-repairers for another attempt trip soon, now the traffic waves around the mini metropolis will have abated.

Evening foraging trip to the branch of the wholesalers of repute, top up the stocks of 100% pure Colombian and assorted other staples. Noticed they were offering a deal on diced venison... 🤔 may broaden my culinary repertoire.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

at work, feet on desk, can't bearsed.

gonna have a meal deal and go to the gym.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

? Diet?

Cider......
    Ale......
    Stout.....
    Lager....
    Vino (white).....
    Vino (Red)....
    Vino (rose)....
    Bubbly....
    MD 20/20.....

Frkkin hell it's dark.
    Haven't recovered rom that C19/flu doubles game and getting up in the morning has been tricky.

I'll go for alcohol instead of mince pies, sounds like a good alternative option to me.

Taking half a day off to do stuff, use up holiday before year end and be around as we have the hippies with chainsaws, sorry tree surgeons in taking down a few of the unwanted trees and generally a tidy of the bigger bushes/hedges. Same again Tuesday and Wednesday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    You got tree surgeons with availability? Or are they 'tree surgeons', like there are 1,2,.. of them?

Tedious 50 mile round trip to take the misbehaving Stihl back again, get it jeffing fixed this time. Thinking the initiative to take it original supplier rather than closer alternative may have been flawed.

However, I did pass a long line of dull green landrovers and trucks, guess that's the MFs returning to base. Or heading off out for more shitzngiggles.
  • Day of meh. Moved trainer and bike back to the shed for summer duty now it's mostly warm enough, fiddled with shifting adjustment again. Fixed seat post slippage on new bike (hopefully), tidied up a few odds and ends and retired to the sun lounge for a rest.

Spent the afternoon fixing online banking issues for Mum, with a cup of tea and a biccie. Even took the motorcycle for the visit, give it a run to keep it ticking over.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    Just been kicking off well, well, well above my grade.

#bringitthefuckon
  • MattFalle

Day of meh. Moved trainer and bike back to the shed for summer duty now it's mostly warm enough, fiddled with shifting adjustment again. Fixed seat post slippage on new bike (hopefully), tidied up a few odds and ends and retired to the sun lounge for a rest.

Spent the afternoon fixing online banking issues for Mum, with a cup of tea and a biccie. Even took the motorcycle for the visit, give it a run to keep it ticking over.

seat post slippage? just stick a nail through it
  • Tidied up a webpage of mine after tidying up around the house earlier. Decided to wash my filthy trail bike as it was caked this morning, that took a lot longer than I expected, it’s a wonder somebody doesn’t charge me for the amount of mud I bring home ;)

Off on a mince pie hunt around town now, might have to wash them down with a pint…
    :)

I think one mince pie will need one pint...
    two mince pies, two pints...
    you get the idea :D

• pinno
    MattFalle said:

Day of meh. Moved trainer and bike back to the shed for summer duty now it's mostly warm enough, fiddled with shifting adjustment again. Fixed seat post slippage on new bike (hopefully), tidied up a few odds and ends and retired to the sun lounge for a rest.

This is good ^.
  • pinno
    I had 2 mince pies which I shall review in that thread wots dedicated to it.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    pinno said:

I had 2 mince pies which I shall review in that thread wots dedicated to it.

i had a waitrose cognac one, quite good but the pastry is very crumbly

rarebit was delicious again, timing perfected, 2.75 minutes under grill to toast one side of bread, 3 minutes to toast the rarebit
  • tlw1
    Gutted - had some pedals delivered today and no haribo or mince pies
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    orraloon said:

You got tree surgeons with availability? Or are they 'tree surgeons', like there are 1,2,.. of them?

Tedious 50 mile round trip to take the misbehaving Stihl back again, get it jeffing fixed this time. Thinking the initiative to take it original supplier rather than closer alternative may have been flawed.

However, I did pass a long line of dull green landrovers and trucks, guess that's the MFs returning to base. Or heading off out for more shitzngiggles.

There's 3 of them right now. We have some decent sized trees and hedges to attack.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Ah but you did have a post-order personalised set up.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is good ^.
    No, take the bottom bracket out an squirt expanding foam up the seat tube. proper way
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Ah but you did have a post-order personalised set up.
    😂
  • pinno
    step83 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is good ^.
    No, take the bottom bracket out an squirt expanding foam up the seat tube. proper way
    What rubbish.
    You pour cement into the seat tube up to the required level, insert seat post and allow to set.

There's no impact lost in simplicity - just look at Seano.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    pinno said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is good ^.
    What rubbish.
    You pour cement into the seat tube up to the required level, insert seat post and allow to set.
    This is why this forum is so good. You'll never pick up handy hints like this in the Park Tools repair guide.
    Keep up the good work!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    masjer said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is good ^.
    What rubbish.
    This is why this forum is so good. You'll never pick up handy hints like this in the Park Tools repair guide.
    Keep up the good work!
    And you wonder why his cars don’t pass their MOT
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • masjer
    seanoconn said:

masjer said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is good ^.
    What rubbish.
    Keep up the good work!

Too much cement in those sills.
  • MattFalle
    or just weld it.

#sorted
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice with a grey and moist wobble in and a dark and moist wobble back. Nothing exciting to report, completely knackered after a busy weekend.
    masjer said:

seanoconn said:

masjer said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is good ^.
    What rubbish.
    Keep up the good work!

Not cement, but I did once see an inner sill that had been filled with fibre glass resin. Pretty bloody heavy.
  • masjer

Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice with a grey and moist wobble in and a dark and moist wobble back. Nothing exciting to report, completely knackered after a busy weekend.

masjer said:

seanoconn said:

masjer said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

This is good ^.
    What rubbish.
    Keep up the good work!

Not cement, but I did once see an inner sill that had been filled with fibre glass resin. Pretty bloody heavy.

That Pinno, when will he stop.