sunday emerges from an underlying phenomenon

'ning

milder, but perhaps roads soggy

ride, cafes, mince pie, bubbly

toasty savoury will feature at some point as mrs s gave me a pot of f&m rarebit for research purposes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Great day doing the salop sludger yesterday improved by the current wife joining us later with the camper van so no driving and lots of drinking enjoyed.

Now is wait for her to wake up and then a gentle walk into bishops castle for breakfast then head home to sort out the hounds and kids.

F1 watching and pub will also be enjoyed
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao!

Coffee then back into the old routine - babino to tennis, then onward with famiglia duties.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    edited December 2021
    tlw1 said:

Great day doing the salop sludger yesterday improved by the current wife joining us later with the camper van so no driving and lots of drinking enjoyed.

Sounds like a fun event. Did you get soup and cake?
    tlw1 said:

...then head home to sort out the hounds and kids.

You left them on their own?!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Tricky's wondering what i'm going to type so as I am typing, i'll see if her frowny face changes.

it did :)

Bit dull here.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Ciao!

Coffee then back into the old routine - babino to tennis, then onward with famiglia duties.

You need to move that jacket off the bannister 'cos it may ignite a domestic.

#keepthepeace
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Going to help the lad fix a bad earth on the Golf rear lights when he rises, then off to help friend's daughter move. Bought her a mocha pot as a flat warming gift, important things first.
    Hope the MFs are enjoying a bit of tranquility, sitting in a car park isn't so bad after all.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Sounds like a fun event. Did you get soup and cake?
    tlw1 said:

...then head home to sort out the hounds and kids.

You left them on their own?!

Spicy butter squash soup and a loverly fruit cake. Really great event, highly recommended

Yep - eldest is 17 now
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    edited December 2021
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao!

#keepthepeace
    Apparently bannisters are not for hanging coats on so I chuck my jacket on the stairs.

Junior headed back to Scouserpool for another week before the Xmas hols so will give her a lift into town then finish writing my Christmas cards.

Connected a few Christmas lights last night so we now have illuminated bushes at night. Quite subtle compare to 2 doors down who have gone for the full house light set plus some projection onto the front of the house.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    sungod said:

...toasty savoury will feature at some point as mrs s gave me a pot of f&m rarebit for research purposes

initial research complete, i can confirm it's scrumptious, grilled on sourdough, with a light dusting of cayenne
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • If I help MrsHD with some work she might, MIGHT let us go skiing again on Boxing day...
    Hence me being at a PC on a sunday :p
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao!

#keepthepeace
    Apparently bannisters are not for hanging coats on so I chuck my jacket on the stairs.

Junior headed back to Scouserpool for another week before the Xmas hols so will give her a lift into town then finish writing my Christmas cards.

Connected a few Christmas lights last night so we now have illuminated bushes at night. Quite subtle compare to 2 doors down who have gone for the full house light set plus some projection onto the front of the house.
    some people like an illuminated, some a trimmed bush.

it all depends on the kinda garden you have I suppose.
  • MattFalle
    Anyhow, tennis tennis'd, just had lunch, running bambino to a party in a bit then picking up then taking in laws back to their crib at 10. Yup, fucking10 tonight.

#youcan'tmakethisshitup

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    Finally, ride rided. Without breaking the new chain inside 300m this Sunday. All a bit mucky and gloopy, 'tis the season. Good to get the legs working again. Bike hosed down, left to drip dry, need to go finish it off while there still is daylight.
  • Lewis loses the title race...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • And my arm still aches from my booster jab.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Evening. Ride ridden. Lunch had. Bike washed. Put back out lifting bike. Now writhing in pain. B&gger.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening. Done some marking, finished building up the defy frame set so that’s ready for a ride as soon as that’s possible. Currently watching it’s a wonderful life. Strictly results show soon. Then time to make a couple of video lessons for tomorrow and setting work for the week.

We should bring hats and suits back.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, kids football, dog walking and jobs day. Kids managed to scrap out a 1-1 thriller. Can see them making a bit of progress each week. They're a team of cast offs so scrapping for a point is great to see.
  • photonic69
    Magic! And to top today off I’ve just been pinged as apparently was in close contact with someone last Tuesday during work. F’ffing fantastic. Pcr test now booked.

• pinno
    johngti said:

Strictly results show soon.

Aaaargh.

I used to hold you in high regard.

• johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Aaaargh.

I used to hate the programme but I've been dragged in. Rose has been amazing this year, absolutely stunning young woman.

Anyway, nowt wrong with a bit of dancing.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Aaaargh.

I used to hate the programme but I've been dragged in. Rose has been amazing this year, absolutely stunning young woman.

I’d like to rumba with AJ, those legs!

It’s not been the same since Ola Jordan left and took her catsuit with her 🥲
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Aaaargh.

I used to hold you in high regard for holding gti in high regard.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Aaaargh.

I used to hold you in high regard for holding gti in high regard.
    I think anyone that holds me in any sort of regard needs a severe talking to
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Aaaargh.

Yeah, that rumba was something else…and her Argentine tango earlier in the series was properly steamy!
  • photonic69
    seanoconn said:

Gutted that Rhys was sent packing along with the gorgeous Nancy - those legs!!! OMG, such tone and definition. [Drool\]

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Aaaargh.

I saw Ola Jordan once in the Virgin Active in Bromley a few years ago :smile:

The legs prize has to go to Nancy Xu this season. And agree jgti, Rose is very presentable. I only know these things because the Mrs hijacks the remote from time to time and I CBA to move off the sofa...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I almost feel like I should have watched a bit of strictly, thankfully Google images will educate me without having to suffer that.