friday selecting the pharmakoi

'ning

soggy

stroll, cafes, mince pie, wfh, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo Dudes, Dog walked, pretty windy out, doing the school run this morning so gym once in work. Admin and reading on the cards. Good luck with the headache OXO.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Fuzzy after a decent night in the pub, eldest ventured out of his room and came with us for a while which was nice.

Work stuff and then out later for the traditional Christmas party with the wife. When I say party it is just the two of us, but we will order cheese and biscuits
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

When I say party it is just the two of us, but we will order cheese and biscuits

Good one.

Relentless hail and wind has made the ground white.
    Then a mild spell will move in.
    It's bonkers.

MOT
    C19/Flu jab
    Wait on post
    Renew waste broker registration.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Shorter tree planting sesh today, delayed start para mi as need to do some computerised stuff first inc some bookings for future enjoyments. Then back out into the mud. Should be sunny and not rain; that NW wind will keep it feeling nippy.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    oxoman said:

Morning. Very soggy, very dark.
    WFW then early dash to get OH from hospital appointment.
    Head currently pounding without being had any alcohol, arghh. Have a nice day all.

Probably that bell Mrs oxo keeps ringing.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tetley10 said:

Yo Dudes, Dog walked, pretty windy out, doing the school run this morning so gym once in work. Admin and reading on the cards. Good luck with the headache OXO.

No kip? You’re slacking tetley
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

When I say party it is just the two of us, but we will order cheese and biscuits

Good one.

It's bonkers.

MOT
    C19/Flu jab
    Wait on post

Good luck with MOT.

Why do you need to renew waste broker registration?
  • seanoconn
    Feeling Christmassy and mildly optimistic today.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

9 hrs sleep, late for WFW but only by 10 mins.
    Still woke up with a headache but a cup of tea seems to have resolved that.
    Need to find some breakfast.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2021
    Good morning everyone

Day two in the conservatory begins. Slept until 8, unheard of these days. Maybe the ‘rona has had more impact than I thought.

Got marking to do, will also be finishing season 3 of Titans on Netflix and episode 1 of the new season of the expanse on prime.

Other than that, it’s about not letting boredom lead me to snacking too much.
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

Good morning everyone

Day two in the conservatory begins. Slept until 8, unheard of these days. Maybe the ‘rona has had more impact than I thought.

Got marking your do, will also be finishing season 3 of Titans on Netflix and episode 1 of the new season of the expanse on prime.

I got covid lite but it still knocked me for 6
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Good morning everyone

Got marking your do, will also be finishing season 3 of Titans on Netflix and episode 1 of the new season of the expanse on prime.

I wouldn’t want covid max and haven’t tried the sugar free version.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Good morning everyone

The max does give you better 5G though
  • tetley10
    seanoconn said:

tetley10 said:

I reckon I could squeeze one in just to keep the form up, got to find a way to keep up with cricket. It was much easier when I had my own office.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Urgh, tired. This week is catching up with me. Good long lunch out with advisors yesterday though. Lots of work stuff to do today so better crack on.

Was due to head out to scoff steak this evening with a couple of mates but one of them sounds like he is trying trying to cry off as he's not feeling well...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Not as tired as some on here as I slept soundly last night.
    Currently simplifying some 30yr old engineering, amazon ordering, Christmas shopping planning and tree stand scouring.
    Booster jab tomorrow, preceded by a Zwift.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

johngti said:

Good morning everyone

The max does give you better 5G though
    I thought 5G gave you covid max?
  • Bit of a recovery day, pretty sore in all kinds of places after yesterday's efforts. Shuffled around the streets with the dog, made coffee, fiddled about in shed with some more stuff. Went to lunch.

Did some more timber prep this arvo, then a couple of hours on the trainer avoiding the misty drizzle that had blown in.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Feeling cheeky and cavalier today.

FTFY

• pinno
    tetley10 said:

seanoconn said:

tetley10 said:

I reckon I could squeeze one in just to keep the form up, got to find a way to keep up with cricket. It was much easier when I had my own office.
    Ah, you see- tell your employers that they are compromising your health by putting you at risk of C19 and you cannot vet individuals so that is a failure of duty of care.
  • pinno
    edited December 2021
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Good one.

It's bonkers.

MOT
    C19/Flu jab
    Wait on post

Good luck with MOT.

Why do you need to renew waste broker registration?
    Because Cheeky chappy, I am still working.

...and what cheered me up is that as I am now solo, I have to provide Waste transfer notes: The company who I have dealt with for years kindly furnished me a with a straight forward pro-forma to use and completed 95% of the paperwork for the current shipment for me.

I cannot thank them enough.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    A'noon. Fiiiiinally had follow up Gastroenterologist appointment after my diagnosis of IBD back in April 2019!!! Apparently I "fell off the system". It wasn't a problem as the drugs I take for another issue are the same treatment as it is for IBD and my symptoms are good ATM.

Anyway, it's Friday so it's Chlorpromazine and Tramadol this evening followed by half a Zopiclone later. Niiiiiiiiiiicee! B)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• seanoconn

A'noon. Fiiiiinally had follow up Gastroenterologist appointment after my diagnosis of IBD back in April 2019!!! Apparently I "fell off the system". It wasn't a problem as the drugs I take for another issue are the same treatment as it is for IBD and my symptoms are good ATM.

Anyway, it's Friday so it's Chlorpromazine and Tramadol this evening followed by half a Zopiclone later. Niiiiiiiiiiicee! B)

Jeez photonic, your son is a flipping nightmare! Where will you be collecting him from this time?
  • photonic69
    seanoconn said:

Jeez photonic, your son is a flipping nightmare! Where will you be collecting him from this time?

Nah, that's for me! He's NOT going out! He's busy preparing for Uni interviews next week.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    So the original anti psychotic medication with an opiate pain killer followed by a new school sleeping tablet.
    That’s an interesting combination.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening fellow skivers

Naff all going on here it's Friday things internally are on fire which is always fun to watch.

Confirmed co-op mince pies are crap, so avoid there. Any suggestions for good ones?

Was messing about trying bits on the bike for the tripster, couple of new toys. These have more pistons, and cost more than the brakes on my car. Does that mean I'm doing it right?

• photonic69
    webboo said:

So the original anti psychotic medication with an opiate pain killer followed by a new school sleeping tablet.
    That’s an interesting combination.

It's cheaper than beer - I get my prescriptions for free B)

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    You probably couldn’t hold a glass of beer without spilling it on that lot. ;)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    I'll try holding the glass of beer, without the other stuff of course.

Anyways, pic from c. 2.30 this pm, today's tree plantings down by The River. The standing water is a part of the new this year Rivers of Life 2 project, creating backwaters with zero currents to increase biodiversity. The swans like them already, several of them in there today spending most of their time head down, bum up.

A grand day out. With a mince pie as well.
  • tetley10
    seanoconn said:

tetley10 said:

Kip update - managed a good 40 minutes.