thursday forget plan b, only plan 9 from outer space can save us

'ning

ride, cafes, gmc crimbo bash, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Morning

Hounds then the last long commute this year I imagine.

Later will probably be the pub but I need to do the knee exercises the physio has given me
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    A little bit more daylight with a clear sky and the sparrows in the Bay tree making a helluva racket is what greeted me this morning.
    Flu and C19 jab tomorrow morning (and MOT on Porker#2).
    Hope I don't feel as rough as the last time.

You need more float in yer pedals TLW. :smile:

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Morning

Later will probably be the pub but I need to do the knee exercises the physio has given me

I’ll swap you a knee for a left shoulder?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Still in bed, bit cheesed off. Get up soon. Having some marking sent home. Hopefully the PCR test I’ve just sent off will be negative or, failing that, it’ll be bog standard covid and not omicron so that the rest of the family can just carry on rather than everyone having to isolate for 10 days.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

D8head neighbours running around shouting at 4am woke me up.
    Run completed avoiding many urban dangers, still feel like shyte (non covid).
    WFW
    Gym later.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, rode in, now debating whether to complete some work which needs doing or spend the day on YouTube. Kip this afternoon, office conditions permitting.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited December 2021
    Morning.

Moving back home tomorrow.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    tetley10 said:

Yo dudes, rode in, now debating whether to complete some work which needs doing or spend the day on YouTube. Kip this afternoon, office conditions permitting.

That's the sort of dedication one looks up to.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Morning

I’ll swap you a knee for a left shoulder?
    Then you'll have tennis knee.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Did a couple of calls from home this morning, headed into town shortly for probably the last free food and drink this year (courtesy of advisors). Xmas party next week officially canned as expected. Suppose I will be able to a bit more house stuff over the next couple of weeks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    pinno said:

tetley10 said:

Doing my best.
  • Ben6899
    Stevo_666 said:

Did a couple of calls from home this morning, headed into town shortly for probably the last free food and drink this year (courtesy of advisors). Xmas party next week officially canned as expected. Suppose I will be able to a bit more house stuff over the next couple of weeks.

Much to do at the new place, Stevo?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    I have actually watched Plan 9 from Outer Space.

It is truly remarkably bad.

Booster jab this morning. Most of Midlothian's shuffling masses there with me appeared to be about 15 years younger than me. This being Midlothian they could actually be more like 20-25 years younger than me.

Therefore they were all getting the first or second jabs they've been entitled to for months.

I don't know whether to be angry that it has taken the morons this long to read the memo, or pleased because they've finally got round to their civic duty.

Bit of both.
  • Well that wasn't what I expected... had plans for a spot of chores first up, then a day of sun lounge and bike ride. Instead...

Cleaned up the Echium, clipped all the dead flower heads, and pruned it back somewhat. Got carried away while the tools were out and tidied up some of the wattles. That meant also getting the chipper out, shredding up a stack of the branches. Hedge trimmer out and finished loading the garden waste bins for collection tomorrow.

Realised neighbour is away and her bin was empty....never miss an opportunity so spent another 45 minutes cleaning up the entrance roadway. Battled some drone-sized mozzies down there, tempted to get the kerosene and a match to fix it.

Moved the pile of mulch over to the far side of the paddock to leave it "mature" for a few months. Finished and put the tools away just in time for drinkies at 6.

Stuffed.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    tetley10 said:

pinno said:

tetley10 said:

Doing my best.
    You’re an inspiration, Tet
  • Good morning class. Meeting met, and now to influence some people online with google based smoke and mirrors.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Much to do at the new place, Stevo?
    Plenty to do but nothing urgent/structural/major Ben. It's more a case of a few repairs, fixing gremlins, getting new furniture, changing light fittings, lick of paint here and there and a spot of tree/hedge tidying. Will replace some windows next summer as not all are double glazed. But in decent shape and nicely liveable now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ben6899
    Let us know if/when you find decent windows. We would have replaced ours in this tranche of works, but couldn’t find any we like.

PVC, black wood effect. We fitted a lovely patio door in the same finish, but that company don’t make windows!
    Ben

• Ben6899 said:

Let us know if/when you find decent windows. We would have replaced ours in this tranche of works, but couldn’t find any we like.

PVC, black wood effect. We fitted a lovely patio door in the same finish, but that company don’t make windows!

I'd need a lottery win to replace them all here, a huge area of glass, but it's on my wish list. Will be very expensive as they have to be special anodised treatment for salt air, ("extreme" corrosion rating) and double glazing in the size will be a challenge to get made at all locally. For a laugh I priced up one set of sliding doors/windows a while ago (rough estimate only) and the cost for that alone was about 5 grand installed. There's about 9 sets of similar size in the house, PLUS all the other individual windows elsewhere. I reckon 100 grand would barely cover it. Gulp
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ben6899
    edited December 2021
    Jesus!

This patio door was £999 and our builder fitted it for £380.

And he’s impressed with the quality. Which is always reassuring.
    Ben

• pinno
    edited December 2021
    Ben6899 said:

Jesus!

£1 = 1.85 Aus $.

...and

6 English wickets = 1 Australian wicket.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

Ben6899 said:

I'd need a lottery win to replace them all here, a huge area of glass, but it's on my wish list. Will be very expensive as they have to be special anodised treatment for salt air, ("extreme" corrosion rating) and double glazing in the size will be a challenge to get made at all locally. For a laugh I priced up one set of sliding doors/windows a while ago (rough estimate only) and the cost for that alone was about 5 grand installed. There's about 9 sets of similar size in the house, PLUS all the other individual windows elsewhere. I reckon 100 grand would barely cover it. Gulp
    Split it into smaller sections to save money. Something like this:

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Ben6899 said:

Jesus!

I was recently quoted £4000 + VAT for a replacement front door and replacement window. They could squeeze me in as soon as March.

I didn't take that any further.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Bit of a frustrating day. The "repaired" leafblower ran for 45 minutes, then would not restart, same symptoms as before the "repair" with a new carb etc. Bugrit. Must be a fuel blockage somewhere internal. Means another trip back to supplier which is the opposite side of the mini-metropolis. Or 2x trips, drop off and pick up probably.

Then phoned to book my +2 months repeat bloodtest to check again for presence of arthritis markers - sore joints still, though markers were v low scores last time. Cannot book a bloodtest, due to 'national shortage' of the sample bottles, GP surgery out of them. Hope to get some in next week. Tbc. Another brexshitbonus no doubt.

That's 2. What's the 3rd one going to be? There's always 3 things is there not?

Beer bottle beckons.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

err, hit by an asteroid?

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

err, hit by an asteroid?

Think it missed. There was an almighty clatter outside a wee while back. Maybe Hermes dropped it on the wrong address.
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Will do. Our windows seem to be quite an unusual design so we may have a similar problem. I'm hoping one of the companies were contacting did some of the previous work.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble in at least. Had to take the pub hack with panniers as lots of stuff to carry. Long meeting with a supplier but if was finished with a pub lunch so all is well. Back in again tomorrow, only in for 2 days next week thankfully.
    Ben6899 said:

Morning.

Don't suppose you fancy bringing our female child back to the smoke with you, save me a job on Saturday :D

• Ben6899

Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble in at least. Had to take the pub hack with panniers as lots of stuff to carry. Long meeting with a supplier but if was finished with a pub lunch so all is well. Back in again tomorrow, only in for 2 days next week thankfully.

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

Don't suppose you fancy bringing our female child back to the smoke with you, save me a job on Saturday :D

Evening folks,

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

I missed this, but we only just squeezed us and everything into the car.

So no! :lol:
    Ben

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Ben6899 said:

Evening folks,

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

Evening folks,

Ben6899 said:

Morning.

I missed this, but we only just squeezed us and everything into the car.

So no! :lol:
    No problem, it's not too far. Bet you're glad to be home.