wednesday while simultaneously peeling a pineapple and declaiming the seventh book of the iliad

'ning

ride cafes, mince pie, wfh etc., may have a dry night following profligacy of last couple of days, or not
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

WFH
    Feeling rubbish so can't be bothered going in to the office and I'll probably get more done here.

Might see if my free kms has reset on Zwift later.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Oxo 🙁

Back is sore along with knees, FFS I’m still 40 odd (hanging on by my finger tips). Think I will get the home PA to call Bupa.

If the weathers ok might go out on the bike later, if not maybe spin bike again (enjoyed GCNs interval YouTube season last night).

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Oxo 🙁

What do you mean? He pushed her.

Not quite as dark at this time as yesterday.
    Today will be waiting on post and helping Porky mate's (now pregnant) GF to do some unnecessary embellishment of her flat.
    But I thought she was moving in with Porky BF...

I'm confused,

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Oxo 🙁

What do you mean? He pushed her.

She survived
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

it looks like she's buggered her wrist as well.

You're in luck, she'll need to do some physio for that.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Looks like you'll be doing extra household tasks for a bit Oxo...

Good night out with the old uni mob up in town last night so feeling a bit slow off the mark today. Luckily WFH today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Earlyish start ferrying B.I.L to an eye opp, quick meeting followed by a jaunt across the country.
    Might call in Cheshire Oakes on the way back but that will depend on the number of Chelsea Tractors in the car park
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman said:

Wishful thinking on my part. She doesn't handle pain well. Awaiting 2nd set of xrays as it looks like she's buggered he wrist as well. Either way she's getting plastered. Could have done with MF and his hello kitty plasters and a dose of WTFU. Don't grass me up to the other half either.

Tipple of choice? Being female probably Gin or something.

Anywho wet and windy in the Shires of Heck OH was hoping for some snow but seeing as its far to warm we just get rain.
    Today will be spent mainly browsing the internet debating if I want/need any fancy tat for the upcoming rebuild of the tango coloured pedal cycle. Think I have everything to make it roll around an stop again though odds on I will find I'm missing something.

Mince pie wise, agree on Waitrose ones, filling being very meh. Going to raid the Co Op later so shall appraise their offerings.

• Don't do mince pies. OH does some rather scrumptious rum balls every year instead.

Day of taxi duty and I was really not in the mood for traffic, or wasted time sitting in car parks. 6 hours later I got home.

Bit of workshop progress on timber stuff, then a virtual tour of some Strade Bianchi in Tuscany.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Don't do mince pies. OH does some rather scrumptious rum balls every year instead.

Day of taxi duty and I was really not in the mood for traffic, or wasted time sitting in car parks. 6 hours later I got home.

Bit of workshop progress on timber stuff, then a virtual tour of some Strade Bianchi in Tuscany.

Rum balls? Tell me more?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Biccies (milk arrowroot I think) crushed to fine crumbs, coconut, fine cocoa, rum, condensed milk, and I think he uses raisins or sultanas or similar, also very finely chopped/blended. Maybe other secret ingredients.

Mix, chill, then roll into balls, dusted with the cocoa and coconut. More chill.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn

Biccies (milk arrowroot I think) crushed to fine crumbs, coconut, fine cocoa, rum, condensed milk, and I think he uses raisins or sultanas or similar, also very finely chopped/blended. Maybe other secret ingredients.

Mix, chill, then roll into balls, dusted with the cocoa and coconut. More chill.

😋 😋😋 Coca, chilli and rum 🍹 onto a winner there.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo dudes, took the students to the NHM today. Was going to ride it but they didn't really have any cycling facilities once there. Good day out saw some dinosaur and the blue whale. Bike tomorrow, teaching petty much finished till Januay now so afternoon kips should be back in business. Might put myself through some more Ashes torture tonight.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Finally back home from Hospital. OH plastered having dislocated elbow.

Best kind of painkiller.

Hope she's better soon.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    oxoman said:

Finally back home from Hospital. OH plastered having dislocated elbow. Kicked out when they did it thankfully. Currently at her beck and call. Luckily wrist not broken. Hopefully get some kip now.

Good they fixed her up Oxo.

I'll go into the office tomorrow and get a free lunch off the advisors as we might not be getting any more of those for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    tetley10 said:

Might put myself through some more Ashes torture tonight.

'Courageous decision to bat first, the wicket is green'.

Err....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtTrpy-F-x4

That's a poor ODI score. I can imagine Boycott jumping up and down saying 'you've got to keep the wicket in'.

• tetley10
    I imagine those immortal words of Nasser Hussain still ring in their ears.
    Managed a couple of hours last night but with no teaching tomorrow the window of opportunity is a bit wider.
    I don't like the situation England are in but late night listening to TMS is one of my favourite things.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Guess it’s Thursday now but not to worry. Ok day, had a bit of a cold for a couple of days. Nothing major. Except for my Wednesday lateral flow test coming in positive. Damn and blast it. So now isolating.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Guess it’s Thursday now but not to worry. Ok day, had a bit of a cold for a couple of days. Nothing major. Except for my Wednesday lateral flow test coming in positive. Damn and blast it. So now isolating.

Just when you finished term.
    Bum luck.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

johngti said:

Bum luck.
    He’s still had a week to go dummy. That’s why the English kids are more cleverer, longer term init.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

johngti said:

Bum luck.
    He’s still had a week to go dummy. That’s why the English kids are more cleverer, longer term init.
    Exactly. And a grammar school so, like, double cleverer.

So annoying this. I mean, I feel like I have a cold and that’s it. Still, got bike building to finish, and work work I can do better from here. Just so long as the covid symptoms stay away it’ll be a nice extra bit of time off
  • tetley10
    Don't pretend you ain't delighted.