Tuesday. The cats have stolen all the pineapple

I’m sure someone will post a daily thread, one min before me but just in case…

Where the farq is everyone??
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited December 2021
    Dunno mate.

TLW is avoiding me 'cos he hasn't coughed up some Wonga for bike gear or..
    TLW's wifey won't endorse it.

There's a huge Hello Kitty plaster shortage in Guatemala.

SG ran over some Oligarch pineapple wholesaler in Richmond park. Oops.

Stevo won't be up yet.

Oxo and Photonic have been bumped off by their offspring after imposing draconian restrictions.

WS is tucked up in Taz and dreaming of a new skeleton for Christmas.

Thistle - who knows? Does he know?

Gti died under the weight of a serious backlog of marking.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Dunno mate.

SG ran over some Oligarch pineapple wholesaler in Richmond park.

Stevo won't be up yet.

Oxo and Photonic have been bumped off by their offspring after imposing draconian restrictions.

HD snowboarded into a snow plough.

Tetley Swallowed his whistle after a rugby ball to the groin.

Orraloon under his mystery bird.

Charlie Croaker AWOL.

Who have we missed?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Mystery bird? Who that?

Today I will be mowstly collecting repaired kit, the leafblower is ready yay, graveller should have its new chain #2 if LBS find one from their other branches, but task of the day will be breaking out my wellies from their clay moulds after last Friday's shenanigans.

My boots at lunchbreak, pic courtesy our in-team camera guru. And as for the handle of my spade...
  • pinno
    edited December 2021
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Dunno mate.

SG ran over some Oligarch pineapple wholesaler in Richmond park.

Stevo won't be up yet.

HD snowboarded into a snow plough.

Tetley Swallowed his whistle after a rugby ball to the groin*.

Orraloon under his mystery bird.

Charlie Croaker AWOL.

Who have we missed?
    LD was in the flat lands but blew away to Norway.
    [I'm a poet and don't know it]

*Like BTW

• pinno
    Cargo bike is papering the landing in his brothel.

Vtech is being pursued by a Russian who's Ferrari went pop not long after being re-mapped. They have probably sold his organs in South America by now.

Do you think we could rattle his cage?
    @VTech

@step83 's programming went awry and it parcelled him up accidentally and he is on his way to the Solomon islands
  • pinno
    VN has had to go in hiding after being cheeky to the wrong (stupid) customer.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Vtech is being pursued by a Russian who's Ferrari went pop not long after being re-mapped. They have probably sold his organs in South America by now.

@VTech

@step83 's programming went awry and it parcelled him up accidentally and he is on his way to the Solomon islands

I did manage to grab a pack of mince pies before my packaging demise though. Least it'll be warm though.
  • pinno
    Speaking of which: had an M&S mince pie yesterday.
    Pastry was good but it was surprisingly salty all round.
    Lidl one is marginally better but would be top dollar if the pastry was better.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

@VTech

Ben6899 on the run from the Brighton mafia.

Hopkin too busy sticking needles into the leg of his Stevo voodoo doll.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    I've been hiding from customers for 3 years now, but they keep seeking me out or questions get transferred to me via equally stupid sales staff.
    pinno said:

That's the kind of information we need. I just had a Sainsbury's Taste the Difference mince pie with a dollop of Waitrose clementine and Cointreau cream. I think the pie was alright, but hard to tell with the cream on top. I'll have to have another later without the cream for research purposes.
    I think SG is more likely to be in the ther RP, Regents rather than Richmond. Pineapple thieving oligarchs are a problem in both mind.
    I'm on my only day of wfh today so trying to make the most of it. People keep bothering me though. Need to buy some bicycle bits, just got confirmation of pay out for broken wrist, woohoo!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not had a mince pie yet 😳

Lol at Pinna - work snizzle at the start of the month, plus sorting out my favourite member with parts 😉 will sort it later

Tried running last night after my bike ride, it’s not looking good.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    In was actually up quite early to head into the office. Got some beers after work arranged with mates which is good. Although looks like the work Xmas bash next week is getting canned.

Seano, I haven't felt any needle like pains, so maybe he's moved onto another moral reprobate?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Another day of rubbish weather, cool and showery again. Even the dog didn't fancy a walk this morning.

Had to go out anyway for supplies, lunch had at nearby cafe.

Back to the shed this afternoon for a second attempt at box joints for drawer making, and this time it's worked out damned near perfect. Now I have the jig and system sorted, I can get on with it... 32 drawers to make for the walk-in wardrobe. That's me busy for a while.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512

... 32 drawers to make for the walk-in wardrobe. That's me busy for a while.

That sounds more like a live-in wardrobe.
  • seanoconn
    Yay favourite member 🥳🥳🥳🥳👍👍😃 My wife likes it too.

• seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

In was actually up quite early to head into the office. Got some beers after work arranged with mates which is good. Although looks like the work Xmas bash next week is getting canned.

Seano, I haven't felt any needle like pains, so maybe he's moved onto another moral reprobate?

That explains the stabbing pain in my shoulder 😕
  • seanoconn
    Afternoon shall involved some paid mechanicary, (f.uck about with my car at work.) need to find the source of the slow puncture and stick something in it. I may be walking home later.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

That explains the stabbing pain in my shoulder 😕
    Well you did use the F word* at him....

* Flounce
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

I know nothing.

• masjer said:

It's entirely plausible that this won't be enough. I have a slight tendency to OCD when it comes to storage and would rather have more (shallower) drawers than a few deep ones.

I'll know once I start machining up the timber for them whether I've enough material to make more.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    Like you say, that'll keep you busy.
    Good luck
  • Now Decembers here I’ve sorted a mince pie supplier. Sainsbury’s standard pies are the preferred nibble, M&S are good though. I’ve got a packet of Morrison’s mince pies going spare (minus one) if anybody fancies them, waaay too sweet for me.
    Still too early for a tree or any other Christmas tat though.

It’d be nice if the rain/sleet would stay away long enough for a quick ride out in daylight without looking like Michelin man, arh dream on…

• pinno
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon shall involved some paid mechanicary, (f.uck about with my car at work.) need to find the source of the slow puncture and stick something in it. I may be walking home later.

https://www.halfords.com/tools/garage-equipment/breakdown-essentials/holts-tyreweld-500ml-122260.html

It will more than get you home.
  • pinno

masjer said:

It's entirely plausible that this won't be enough. I have a slight tendency to OCD when it comes to storage and would rather have more (shallower) drawers than a few deep ones.

I'll know once I start machining up the timber for them whether I've enough material to make more.
    Don't you need racking for high heel shoes/boots? ;)
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

https://www.halfords.com/tools/garage-equipment/breakdown-essentials/holts-tyreweld-500ml-122260.html

Thanks, I’ve got these with me at all times as there’s no spare wheel

• seanoconn

Now Decembers here I’ve sorted a mince pie supplier. Sainsbury’s standard pies are the preferred nibble, M&S are good though. I’ve got a packet of Morrison’s mince pies going spare (minus one) if anybody fancies them, waaay too sweet for me.
    Still too early for a tree or any other Christmas tat though.

It’d be nice if the rain/sleet would stay away long enough for a quick ride out in daylight without looking like Michelin man, arh dream on…

You’re needed on the mince pie thread Charlie.
  • pinno
    edited December 2021
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

But there's no tyre weld in that kit.
    Aerosol. 1 tin.

How are you supposed to get a tyre off/on a rim and balance the wheel at the side of the road to fix a ouncture?

Perhaps... drive a tyre breakdown truck?
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Aerosol. 1 tin.

How are you supposed to get a tyre off/on a rim and balance the wheel at the side of the road to fix a ouncture?

Eh? You don’t need to take the tyre off the rim. Find the puncture, core enough room to insert the rubber plug thingy, cut off the excess, jobs a good’n
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Aerosol. 1 tin.

Eh? You don’t need to take the tyre off the rim. Find the puncture, core enough room to insert the rubber plug thingy, cut off the excess, jobs a good’n
    Ah, the bodgit option.
    Slow punctures can be difficult to find.
    Livestock water troughs are tricky to find in the city.
    I suppose you have a few duck ponds in that there Londinium.
  • pinno

Morning folks,
    I've been hiding from customers for 3 years now, but they keep seeking me out or questions get transferred to me via equally stupid sales staff.

pinno said:

That's the kind of information we need. I just had a Sainsbury's Taste the Difference mince pie with a dollop of Waitrose clementine and Cointreau cream. I think the pie was alright, but hard to tell with the cream on top. I'll have to have another later without the cream for research purposes.
    I think SG is more likely to be in the ther RP, Regents rather than Richmond. Pineapple thieving oligarchs are a problem in both mind.
    I'm on my only day of wfh today so trying to make the most of it. People keep bothering me though. Need to buy some bicycle bits, just got confirmation of pay out for broken wrist, woohoo!
    I knew it began with n 'r'.