monday you who dwell in the land, refrain from inauspicious speech

'ning

conjugate the verb to rain

cafe, wfh, bubbly lunch, laze, crimbo party at annabel's, much bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Rubbish night’s sleep, covid booster side effects kicked in. Every joint aches, along with my head. So, man up, take some pills and go in regardless or take advantage of a light teaching day and stay home? Decision needs making before 7.30…
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Meh, slept badly so sore back today

Work stuff and may try a gentle run later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    tlw1 said:

Meh, slept badly so sore back today

Work stuff and may try a gentle run later

Lunchtime nap will sort it out.

Slept like a log last night which wasn't surprising but still got a sore back from being out all day yesterday followed by a long drive home.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Dark and windy.
    God knows what it will be like tomorrow with Barra moving in.

Looks like another roller session.
    Still too dark to feed the birds.

Woyal snail delivered a parcel on Saturday. According to an email. Really? Where? So will have to investigate.
    Porker #1: I managed to source vacuum leak and is now running quite sweetly if I don't say so myself. Hope relays arrive. MOT before Christmas?
    Porker #2: MOT Friday seen as the gummant postponed the requirement until... the 25th of Dec.
    That should give me enough time to sort whatever needs sorting if whatever needs sorting.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    Went in. Waiting for the photocopier now. 5 minutes to lesson 1.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Chez oconn currently the house of the snotty sick, luckily for them the bring out your dead wagon doesn’t do the rounds anymore or if turf the lot of them on to it. Me? I’m fine me, superhuman that I am, speaking of which where are the @Matthewfalle ’s?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

..., speaking of which where are the @Matthewfalle ’s?

See Sunday's thread.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

It'll make you or break you.
    Well done BTW.
  • johngti
    pinno said:

johngti said:

It'll make you or break you.
    Well done BTW.
    Break. Defo. Only two teaching periods plus a workshop plus a staff meeting today. The rest of the time is mine to do with what I will*. Tutoring has been rearranged for tomorrow

*marking. Here’s the pile:

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    johngti said:

Morning. Rubbish night’s sleep, covid booster side effects kicked in. Every joint aches, along with my head. So, man up, take some pills and go in regardless or take advantage of a light teaching day and stay home? Decision needs making before 7.30…

Got my booster last week and didn't notice a thing. Weird how it's different for everyone.

Good sleep had, which was needed. Working from home today but we've got the electrician round and could lose the power for a bit as he needs to turn it off sometime soon. Might help cut short annoying Teams calls :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Jaded pretty much describes my outlook today.
    Piriton did it's job last night and whacked me out, I think it's still trying its best to do it again.
    I've got my swimming gear, weather it gets used or not is another matter.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Got my booster last week and didn't notice a thing. Weird how it's different for everyone.

Good sleep had, which was needed. Working from home today but we've got the electrician round and could lose the power for a bit as he needs to turn it off sometime soon. Might help cut short annoying Teams calls :smile:
    It is strange isn’t it. I was absolutely floored by the first dose of AZ, nothing for the second. This is just tiring
  • Windy, more than predicted. Dang.

Entirely predictable routine of dog walk, coffee, faff in shed, lunch, more shed stuff. Made a display box for a small antique bell, which worked out ok. Experimenting with new workshop kit to get the hang of how accurate it is and where it goes wrong before I tackle the bigger jobs.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Will highlights from castle Oxo be on u-toob later? Need to go fetch some popcorn.

I now classify myself as officially an idiot. Having locked myself out earlier this year, I am always checking for the correct keys before going outside. And v cautious about pulling closed the door onto the yale lock. Which is fine if I'm just moving truck, getting bike out of garage to take it back for chain fix etc. What is not fine is leaving the door open and heading off to LBS. Return 1/2 hour later and go oh sxxx.

So far no signs of any encroached MFs or the like. Got lucky there. Gonnae no dae that again?

Cold wet Monday. Got a late (1720) appt in my favourite Eye Hospital for the next set of scans, photos and what now talks.
  • pinno
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

It is strange isn’t it. I was absolutely floored by the first dose of AZ, nothing for the second. This is just tiring
    1st jab, slight headache and sniffles for 1 day.
    2nd jab, 6 weeks of lethargy. No other symptoms.
  • pinno
    Is that the pop up book edition SG?
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    A'noon. Well, yesterday was another washout. Oldest was at a party on Saturday night. Due to pick him up at 11:45. Had a call to ask if he could stay over and it was all fine with the parents etc etc. Begrudgingly I agreed. Went home and off to bed by 11. Had a call at 0:45am from a very very very drunk son asking to be collected. Apparently parents of said girl had come back and chucked all the boys out as they were all very drunk and puking. 10 miles at 1:15am in the cold was not fun. Got to bed at 3am after getting him home. Overslept and missed club ride. Too tired to ride later. Still deciding on what punishment to meter out to the lad....

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145

Still deciding on what punishment to meter out to the lad....

On the Festive 500 thread Ugo is thinking of setting up a 12 Alpes of Christmas climbing challenge. We may have found our first entrant.
  • photonic69
    thistle_ said:

Still deciding on what punishment to meter out to the lad....

On the Festive 500 thread Ugo is thinking of setting up a 12 Alpes of Christmas climbing challenge. We may have found our first entrant.
    Liking the sound of that. It'll give him chance to test his new Garmin I'm getting for him.

• pinno

Apparently parents of said girl had come back and chucked all the boys out as they were all very drunk and puking. 10 miles at 1:15am in the cold was not fun.

...his new Garmin I'm getting for him.

So you spoil him rotten and he acts up.

• photonic69
    pinno said:

So you spoil him rotten and he acts up.

Unfortunately I had already bought it for him as a Christmas present. Plus he’s had some excellent school results.

He’s grounded for a month an not having any driving lessons until January.

• At his age you should cut him some slack, surely you remember being a drunked turd at that age?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69

At his age you should cut him some slack, surely you remember being a drunked censored at that age?

Oh yeah. Far too well! I was terrible! Nightmare kid. It wouldn’t have been so bad but he was grounded the previous month for exactly the same thing! He went out and did it again. I wouldn’t have minded if there were a few not so messy weekends in between. I’m just really disappointed. You gotta have boundaries and trust at that age.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    The problem being you don't want him takingthepiss, but have to cut some slack as HD says, it's really hard to get the balance right. You also don't want him so scared of calling for help when he actually needs it that he doesn't. Peskybloodykidsareanightmare!