In Kensington today

I was working opposite and so I had to pop in for a nose. There were some serious pieces of kit in there.

https://personalbikefit.com/

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Only £280 for a 3 hour bike fit appointment not including parts 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    £93 an hour!
  • I didn’t ask him about prices but rent in Kensington High Street ain’t cheap!!

There was a bloke in there having his Trek Concept fitted. I was in my scruffy lead roofing clobber with the steel toe caps showing through.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Anecdotal story from a while ago. A friends uncle walked into a Mercedes Benz dealership after work wearing his dungarees asking to test drive some cars. He was ushered over to the low end 2nd hand cars and treated in a patronising manner.
    He walked over to the BMW dealership and bought a new 740. Cash.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498

I didn’t ask him about prices but rent in Kensington High Street ain’t cheap

So go and get a bike fit somewhere cheap, like Richmond or Esher.
  • seanoconn

I didn’t ask him about prices but rent in Kensington High Street ain’t cheap

Because he doesn’t want to be fitted by someone wearing a hoodie at knifepoint?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,878
    pblakeney said:

Anecdotal story from a while ago. A friends uncle walked into a Mercedes Benz dealership after work wearing his dungarees asking to test drive some cars. He was ushered over to the low end 2nd hand cars and treated in a patronising manner.

Assuming your really mean cash, and not paid in full, it would have to be quite a while ago as otherwise he'd have been reported to the SFO for money laundering.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    edited December 2021

pblakeney said:

Assuming your really mean cash, and not paid in full, it would have to be quite a while ago as otherwise he'd have been reported to the SFO for money laundering.
    Okay, a bankers draft not cash in hand, but in full out of his current account. Yes, he was/is rich due to selling land. Bankers draft just doesn't sound as much fun. 😉

Update Edit - I paid for my past 3 cars using Switch. Just let the bank know in advance and no problems. The last one might even have been Amex to get the Cashback.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • You still can take large payments in cash, but you need to do some due diligence (and be registered as a high value dealer).
  • I didn’t ask him about prices but rent in Kensington High Street ain’t cheap

I’m not in the market for getting one at all!!
  • pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

Okay, a bankers draft not cash in hand, but in full out of his current account. Yes, he was/is rich due to selling land. Bankers draft just doesn't sound as much fun. 😉
    I bought an RS500 Cosworth with a bankers draft back in 1990. Got dropped off at Perrys of Edgware in a Richardson Roofing van whilst wearing cut downs and a t shirt.
  • pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

Update Edit - I paid for my past 3 cars using Switch. Just let the bank know in advance and no problems. The last one might even have been Amex to get the Cashback.
    I bought my gixxer 6 back in 2003 using my debit card.