pinno
pinno Posts: 51,325
Anyone watched this?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Not me
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Yes I watched and also read all stuff on UKClimbing about the father Jim Ballard being an abusive husband to Tom ‘s mother Alison. Which added another dimension to the film.
  • I did, not all of it... it's OK, not exceptional
    left the forum March 2023
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Yes I watched and also read all stuff on UKClimbing about the father Jim Ballard being an abusive husband to Tom ‘s mother Alison. Which added another dimension to the film.

He came over as a bit cold.

What was intesresting was the questions it raised.
    Should he have paired up with Nardi?
    Did that angry streak push him into the wrong decision?
    Was Nardi capable?
    Was Nardi partly responsible?
    Why did they not abandon the attempt?
  • pinno
    The moral questions - Should Allison Hargreaves been climbing whilst pregnant?
    Should she have gone up any major mountain - Everest, K2 when she was mother to 2 young children?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Climbing K2 would have gained Alison Hargreaves’s increased sponsorship and therefore financial independence and the means to leave her husband Jim Ballard which was her intention.
    You could speculate that Tom had been controlled by his father most of his life, he then gets involved with another obsessive who possibly controlled him. However no one knows for sure.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

Climbing K2 would have gained Alison Hargreaves’s increased sponsorship and therefore financial independence and the means to leave her husband Jim Ballard which was her intention.
    You could speculate that Tom had been controlled by his father most of his life, he then gets involved with another obsessive who possibly controlled him. However no one knows for sure.

Interesting.