saturday shows signs of instability

'ning

soggy roads again, grrrr, may ride anyway as well above freezing

cafes, seek out new mince pies, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Very blustery, damp and dark in this deepest shire of Jock.

I am the anti-christ according to Jack post second spot on dose. At least he had the sense to come home last night. He's snuggled up to Tricky. Funny that. She used to be quite cruel to him to the extent I thought I may have to rehome him and now she is fine, even strokes him and likes his company.

Today will be hoping that some relays for Porker #2 come.
    Spent 3 hours putting just the screen wash bottle* back in P#1 and then it only took 40 minutes to do the front brake discs on P#2 yesterday.

*Well, that bit is okay, it's just that you have to remove the ignition coil, the headlamp motor and some cables and a bracket just to get to it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Relaxed start, hounds walked and tea enjoyed in the hot tub. Pig based breakfast and then chainsaw stuff before going into town with friends later
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Anyone interested in a pair of SPD's in good nick before I list them on Fleabay?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,476
    Lie in had, off out with dogs hopefully somewhere not too muddy, assemble more stuff and take packaging to tip etc. Then out for beers and pub grub with the other residents of the close tonight, seem like a good bunch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    A 12+ hour kip, feeling a bit more refreshed post said. Things to do, things to do. Might even get out on a bike. Maybe.

I omitted from yesterday's reporting (have self-dobbed to OfCom) that I enjoyed my first mince pie of the year, courtesy the workgroup obergruppenführer. Not sure if it was turkey or lamb, tasty though.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Anyone interested in a pair of SPD's in good nick before I list them on Fleabay?

Yep!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening

Rugby this morning was away. Again. 65-5 win for us against an expensive public school so that was nice. Spoiled by me not pulling out of my parking space at school enough and hitting the wall next to the space. Nice bit of damage to the near side sill now. Big old scratchy dent, hopefully not an MOT failure because that will be annoying - car isn’t worth enough to warrant fixing it. I’ll find out shortly I guess.

This afternoon was about swapping bits from the contend to the defy. Mostly done, cables to connect, seat height to set, brakes to set up and it’s done. Through axles are definitely the way to go with disc brakes. Pic below.

• johngti
    2017 - flat mount discs but still external front brake hose. Paid just under £300 for it so I guess it’s condition shouldn’t be surprising. The previous owner must have run stupidly wide tyres, mind
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    As long as damage isn't structural, dents and scrapes don't make a MOT failure. Sez he with the 16yo work truck which, shall I say, ain't cosmetically perfect. Good luck with that.

Plus, working in the dark? Hard core.
  • johngti
    orraloon said:

As long as damage isn't structural, dents and scrapes don't make a MOT failure. Sez he with the 16yo work truck which, shall I say, ain't cosmetically perfect. Good luck with that.

Plus, working in the dark? Hard core.

Started in daylight!! That’s how I left it though. Only got the fiddly bits left to do and didn’t want to screw that up as well as the sill on the car 😞
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    johngti said:

Evening

Rugby this morning was away. Again. 65-5 win for us against an expensive public school so that was nice. Spoiled by me not pulling out of my parking space at school enough and hitting the wall next to the space. Nice bit of damage to the near side sill now. Big old scratchy dent, hopefully not an MOT failure because that will be annoying - car isn’t worth enough to warrant fixing it. I’ll find out shortly I guess.

This afternoon was about swapping bits from the contend to the defy. Mostly done, cables to connect, seat height to set, brakes to set up and it’s done. Through axles are definitely the way to go with disc brakes. Pic below.

What wheels are those John?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    Scribe 60mm wide/deep. Lovely swoosh and VERY loud freehub (I actually got the “special“ freehub grease they make and that quietened them down a lot. More of a purr than a sound like a massive hornets nest!!
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    johngti said:

Scribe 60mm wide/deep. Lovely swoosh and VERY loud freehub (I actually got the “special“ freehub grease they make and that quietened them down a lot. More of a purr than a sound like a massive hornets nest!!

Depends how fast you're going, right?
  • johngti
    tetley10 said:

johngti said:

Depends how fast you're going, right?
    Nope. You’ve heard them - if they’re freewheeling then they’re screaming!
  • tlw1
    johngti said:

2017 - flat mount discs but still external front brake hose. Paid just under £300 for it so I guess it’s condition shouldn’t be surprising. The previous owner must have run stupidly wide tyres, mind

Cheap that 😂