friday has an entropy leak

'ning

looking like it might be soggy

substitute stroll for ride, cafes, wfh, laze ec.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Def soggy out. Today will be mowstly planting trees by the new ponds created down in t'woods, which will be messy and muddy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh

Good night in the pub, which was needed after limping home after twisting my knee whilst running.

Later might as well go out on the bike and probably a rare Friday night in as the kids are out
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited December 2021
    Only one cure for that knee - Vodka.

It's dark. Too dark to feed the birds just yet.
    Fixed part 1 of Porker ABS fault.
    Fixed pad sensor warning light fault. (and no, I didn't remove the bulb from the instrument cluster).

Discover Bosch relay 0 332 205 004 listed as Mercedes spare is 1/3rd the price of the exact relay listed as a Porsche replacement part.
    Same as Bosch 0 332 205 004 which is also 1/3rd the price but the relay is also same as 0015426719 brand new for less than a tenner which is £3 less than the second hand price of a relay listed as a Mercedes replacement part !! [did you keep up?].
    The thieving, robbing sons of motherless flea bitten goats*.
    Yep, I know who you are and I am a step ahead of you 'cos we have the internet and sites like this https://partinfo.org/bosch-0332205004/

*Seano©.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I had a cat called Entropy once, guess what happened to it?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Can confirm the presence of excessive moisture outside, suggest intermediate tyres, two clicks more front wing and brake bias adjust. Or just stay inside an eat mince pies.
    Speaking of, OH has eaten the last one which I will have to go shopping today. Also an excuse to pick up something flammable in a bottle.

Pinno the correct fix would have been a bit of black tape, non destructive and easy to remove. though buying the parts probably is a more viable long term fix.
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Meh

Good night in the pub, which was needed after limping home after twisting my knee whilst running.

Later might as well go out on the bike and probably a rare Friday night in as the kids are out

@tlw1 are you I’m a good mood today?
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    seanoconn said:

Wasn't that the one that got lost in the tulgey wood and sadly died?
  • seanoconn
    masjer said:

seanoconn said:

Wasn't that the one that got lost in the tulgey wood and sadly died?
    That’s the one, ate some dodgy mushrooms and died of a poorly tumtum.
  • masjer
    pinno said:

Fixed pad sensor warning light fault. (and no, I didn't remove the bulb from the instrument cluster).

A Bulb Solution.
    When the bulb disappears, so do all other problems.........................apart from not being able to stop.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Not so traditional slow start as I have the day off. Picked up new old frame last night, might chuck some bits at it. Going to the sister in law's tomorrow for family get together, eating whilst biting my tongue might prove tricky.
    Glad I'm not the only one thinking of the obvious solution to Piña's ABS problems 😂
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    masjer said:

pinno said:

A Bulb Solution.
    When the bulb disappears, so do all other problems.........................apart from not being able to stop.

Also less power draw, as less lights going, efficiency that.
  • In work today, I'd rather not be but someone has to be here.
    Following a medium night in last night, a big night out is planned for tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • masjer
    step83 said:

masjer said:

pinno said:

A Bulb Solution.

Also less power draw, as less lights going, efficiency that.
    Yes, maybe to be even more efficient and future-proof the car completely- remove all warning lights. No lights, no issues, no worries.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Mrs. 666 has gone to a funeral so I'm working in the kitchen so I can keep an eye on the hounds. Currently deciding what to do myself for lunch, that's about as exciting as it gets.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

Mrs. 666 has gone to a funeral so I'm working in the kitchen so I can keep an eye on the hounds. Currently deciding what to do myself for lunch, that's about as exciting as it gets.

Pasty? Pot noodle?
  • I'm on reheated chicken curry, its pretty good if I don't say so myself!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pasty? Pot noodle?
    Cod n parsley fishcakes, beans and peas. Reet posh.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pasty? Pot noodle?
    Beans and peas? 🤔 I would have swapped out the peas for some bread.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pasty? Pot noodle?
    Beans and peas? 🤔 I would have swapped out the peas for some bread.
    Not for me ta, will keep the bread for days when I have sarnis.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    This time next week, we’ll be back in London…

I can’t even put it in words how physically tired I am. Enough now.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • seanoconn
    Ben6899 said:

Review of Brighton?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited December 2021
    seanoconn said:

Ben6899 said:

Review of Brighton?
    Honestly? Underwhelming. Had fun watching the starlings over the pier, and riding along the coast and up the Beacon but that’s about it.

Maybe I’m here at a bad time, personally, maybe I need to come back when I’m more settled in other aspects of my life.

But I do think I’m a big city person, and if not that then properly in the sticks.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Talking of sticks...

c 400 mixed species trees planted by the workgroup in the heaviest clay soil I've ever experienced. Working upslope from the bottom line of trees beyond which is The River. Another pond lower down.

Area now called Lucy's Ponds after a trust employee who passed away aged 38, bless her.

• ^ Good Grief :/
  • seanoconn
    Ahh the old ‘I fell on it while naked’ excuse 😂

A bomb though! 😳
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Surely the most humane extraction would be 8 pints of lager and a Vindaloo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Work done for another wk. Eldest disappeared to deepest Devon somewhere with his girlfriend, the house will be quiet for a change. In the true spirit of bottom bracket spotted this on my local rag website and it made me chuckle.
    https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/bomb-squad-called-man-gets-6299351#comments-wrapper

Bad news for him if it was rusty :o:D
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2021
    seanoconn said:

Ahh the old ‘I fell on it while naked’ excuse 😂

A bomb though! 😳

If it went off it would have made a mess...

Reminds me a bit of that 'Armageddon Gerbil' clip that's been floating around YouTube for years.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    pinno said:

To launch it?
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2021
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

To launch it?
    :D

Would be appropriate if it was a mortar round.