thursday will show you fear in a handful of dust

'ning

cold, so cold

ride, cafes, wfh, mince pie, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Cheers for the weather update both, will wrap up for the hounds walk.

Work stuff and wondering how it can’t be Friday yet
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    edited December 2021
    Was snowing slightly when I left the house, no windscreen scraping needed though. Now on a warm train into The Smoke for another day in the corporate hamster wheel.

Must remember to sort out the Saturday night beers with the new neighbours later on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Feeling not too shabby this morning despite a late one.

Panto finished at 8.30, took the Toots to Maccy D's, left there at 9.35, cruised (Porker cruising speed) all the way until 25 miles from home "ACCIDENT, ROAD CLOSED". Looooong diversion, trucks in either direction and then... a truck on it's side within the diversion.
    Finally got out on to the main road and a van is overtaking a truck and then the truck behind him tries to overtake the van using the slope of the bypass across a solid double white line. I'm thinking "you crazy b4stards"...

Anyhoo, chilly but bright.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing etc

Further to previous weather updates,

Light snow overnight air temp is currently 0.3c with a light northwest breeze air pressure risen overnight to 1008hPa (tapped the barometer an it went up).

No road works etc here just the usual idiots thinking they can go get a Christmas tree out the forest as usual.
    First coffee of the day is being savoured as I slip back into my own corporate hamster wheel. Three days off and I come back to about 90 emails which seems excessive.

Anyway, today is my work Monday an tomorrow is my work Friday, only way this could be beaten is if today was also my work Friday but alas, tis not to be. Internal debate raging as to what level of effort goes into todays work. May prod my LBS see whats going on with my brake order.
  • Cold here also but got the fire going already. WFH, food of some sort then beef bourgignion for dinner preceded by much sauvignon.
    Tomorrows post may be illegible!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Currently helping Mrs HD deal with idiots (self employed clients) and I'd rather have the ailments of this forum than do this crap;.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,529
    pinno said:

Panto finished at 8.30, took the Toots to Maccy D's, left there at 9.35, cruised (Porker cruising speed) all the way until 25 miles from home "ACCIDENT, ROAD CLOSED". Looooong diversion, trucks in either direction and then... a truck on it's side within the diversion.
    Finally got out on to the main road and a van is overtaking a truck and then the truck behind him tries to overtake the van using the slope of the bypass across a solid double white line. I'm thinking "you crazy b4stards"...

have you been stocking up?
    https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/lego-loch-in-der-wand-diebe-stehlen-massenhaft-lego-aus-spielwarengeschaeft-a-eec80d8f-0bf2-4403-900a-0051ce8bbc60
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

have you been stocking up?
    https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/lego-loch-in-der-wand-diebe-stehlen-massenhaft-lego-aus-spielwarengeschaeft-a-eec80d8f-0bf2-4403-900a-0051ce8bbc60
    Yes, it's all my fault.
  • step83
    So, had an email about new round things from PlanetX, I now have an urge, not to buy. but to polish the frame

• step83 said:

So, had an email about new round things from PlanetX, I now have an urge, not to buy. but to polish the frame

Does polished Ti stay shiny or do you have to re-buff it regularly?

I had a Cannondale CAAD7 that was painted originally in hideous colour scheme, so I stripped and polished the frame which was not too hard to do, but needed regular work to keep shiny. Same with an old Killer V MTB frame and that was factory polished finish.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    step83 said:

What you got?
  • step83
    tlw1 said:

step83 said:

What you got?
    A semi shiney tin can

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    step83 said:

tlw1 said:

step83 said:

What you got?
    A semi shiney tin can

Proper mint.

• pinno
    tetley10 said:

step83 said:

tlw1 said:

step83 said:

What you got?
    A semi shiney tin can

Proper mint.

Scaffolding with 2 dustbin lids.