tuesday resting by the tumtum tree

'ning

looks gloomy but not as cold

ride, cafes, mince pie, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Warm out, still lots of trees down in the woods, mmmmm might be worth ‘helping’ out and cutting them up and removing the logs 😎
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    On the train into town, drove part of the way to get some early morning Panzercise :) Not too many meetings today which is good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    tlw1 said:

Warm out, still lots of trees down in the woods, mmmmm might be worth ‘helping’ out and cutting them up and removing the logs 😎

Was chatting to an old guy last night and he reckons he's now got enough logs to keep his house warm until he pops his clogs. Sliver linings (or birches) and all that.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Was chatting to an old guy last night and he reckons he's now got enough logs to keep his house warm until he pops his clogs. Sliver linings (or birches) and all that.
    Harsh, tlw1 isn’t even 50 yet.
    First dibs on his gravel bike.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

On the train into town, drove part of the way to get some early morning Panzercise :) Not too many meetings today which is good.

How is your old house?
  • seanoconn
    Wobbled in with sore shoulder. Greasy roads but mild.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    edited November 2021
    You're on form this morning Seano.

Bloody hell it's dull.
    I had a cat called Tumtum.
    She came to us. Slowly enticed her in, then she spent 6 months upstairs - wouldn't dare to go out. Could not pick her up at first and then she became my best furry friend. Would always be waiting there for me when I came home from work.
    Got killed on the road bless her.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Bloody hell it's dull.
    She came to us. Slowly enticed her in, then she spent 6 months upstairs - wouldn't dare to go out. Could not pick her up at first and then she became my best furry friend. Would always be waiting there for me when I came home from work.

That’s a cheerful story pinno, thanks for that. I’ve checked the thread and no one mentioned tumtum. How does the story relate to anything? Have you taken your meds today?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Harsh, tlw1 isn’t even 50 yet.
    First dibs on his gravel bike.
    😂 thought you would want the colnago?

For a normal person we have enough wood for years - 14 pallets worth. But that’s just a year the way the wife burns it
  • seanoconn
    Speaking of tumtum, Japan has 1 vending machine for every 40 people. Also, lemons float but limes sink.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Bloody hell it's dull.

That’s a cheerful story pinno, thanks for that. I’ve checked the thread and no one mentioned tumtum. How does the story relate to anything? Have you taken your meds today?
    you failed to notice the thread title, now you'll have to say sorry to pinno
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Bloody hell it's dull.

Noooooo!!! God damn it, delete delete delete
  • seanoconn
    Sungod, I’m very sorry for not reading the thread title properly. I nearly always do, they are much appreciated and admired.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Bloody hell it's dull.

I was going to see how long it would be before he noticed.
  • pinno
    Anything beyond the word 'Tuesday' was surplus to Seano's cognitive capacity.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

How is your old house?
    According to one of the ex-neighbours, the buyers haven't moved in yet. We knew they were going to do some work on it first (they still have their old flat closeby), but nobody has seen any evidence of any work going on either. Bit odd.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    Stevo_666 said:

seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

How is your old house?
    According to one of the ex-neighbours, the buyers haven't moved in yet. We knew they were going to do some work on it first (they still have their old flat closeby), but nobody has seen any evidence of any work going on either. Bit odd.
    So the drive was free for the panzer 👍
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

Anything beyond the word 'Tuesday' was surplus to Seano's cognitive capacity.

You win this round by default but I’ll get you 👊🏻
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    edited November 2021
    Its a bit murky out. Need to do some food shopping later, complete with face covering :|
    Do I start to fret about ski trip #2? Heading to Franceshire but landing in Geneva, will no doubt need to sort alternative flights but am determined not to panic.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Exit via the French side of Geneva airport? I such a thing still exists. Remember doing that once, much more of a logistical faff than the Swiss exit. But would save crossing another border.

Day 2 test negative. Of course. Rapid antigen / lateral flow still, got back before the roolz changed again. Takes my total # of tests evah to 2, neither free.

Admin sort out day. Boring and grey.
  • I think the french side is currently closed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    Day of wfh so I had a lazier start at least. Bit warmer out, not that I've been anywhere so this is just what I believe to be the case. Got lots to do but suffering with a dose of cba. TRavel has all got a bit more complicated, will it ease off again if they decide this new strain isn't as dangerous? Beautiful assistant was supposed to be driving to Poland for Christmas with the other beauties from her house, that's looking doubtful now. Similarly my sister was supposed to be driving over here so fingers crossed things don't go pear shaped.
    Going to the old dear's later to talk to builder about work on the new place, things seem to be moving in the right direction.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • seanoconn

Morning folks,
    Day of wfh so I had a lazier start at least. Bit warmer out, not that I've been anywhere so this is just what I believe to be the case. Got lots to do but suffering with a dose of cba. TRavel has all got a bit more complicated, will it ease off again if they decide this new strain isn't as dangerous? Beautiful assistant was supposed to be driving to Poland for Christmas with the other beauties from her house, that's looking doubtful now. Similarly my sister was supposed to be driving over here so fingers crossed things don't go pear shaped.
    Going to the old dear's later to talk to builder about work on the new place, things seem to be moving in the right direction.
    Onwards and upwards...

Inviting them to you at Christmas seems the sensible solution. The Poles know how to celebrate Christmas 👍
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks,
    Onwards and upwards...

Inviting them to you at Christmas seems the sensible solution. The Poles know how to celebrate Christmas 👍
    That would definitely get me in trouble, might be worth it though
  • Crikey, that was a busy day....

Finished mowing the paddock first up, then a brief coffee break. Had to run OH to doctor's appointment, which meant an opportunity to get some mower spares. New blades and a replacement T-bolt. Into town to collect a few tools - digital callipers, an angle gauge etc, plus lunch.

Home and cleaned mower. It's normal to use a Dremel tool to clean parts of a lawn mower, yeah? Replaced blades etc, fired up and a quick test run... excellent result.

Nipped up the road to view a possible new bike. Brought it home for a test ride tomorrow maybe.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    Currently sitting in a car park waiting.
    Left early for a hospital appointment because of the regular gridlock at the roadworks, but sailed straight through.
  • pinno
    Is that the dogging car park?
  • orraloon said:

Exit via the French side of Geneva airport? I such a thing still exists. Remember doing that once, much more of a logistical faff than the Swiss exit. But would save crossing another border.

Day 2 test negative. Of course. Rapid antigen / lateral flow still, got back before the roolz changed again. Takes my total # of tests evah to 2, neither free.

Admin sort out day. Boring and grey.

As it stands all is OK, you can transit out of GVA within 24 hours as long as it doesn't involve a stop over.

As it stands... Probably be different when I come back from making a brew.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Not THE dogging car park but might be another one.
    Not hanging around to find out.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Not THE dogging car park but might be another one.
    Not hanging around to find out.
    I think Pinno was angling for the address.