monday is just the place for a snark

'ning

nippy ride, cafe, stroll to flu jabber, mince pie, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Nippy out, managed to get todays run done early doors to ensure I was there for the strict 7am present opening for eldest rugrats birthday.

Work stuff and the last of the meal treats for him
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    'ning

Hybrid commute which was damp and nippy.
    Dogging car park was busy this morning.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    tlw1 said:

...ensure I was there for the strict 7am present opening...

Why, would he be up at 5am?

'Dogging car park'! Surely not at this time of day or was it dog walkers? That's terrible, atrocious behaviour the evil sinners.
    Where is this car park?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bit drizzly grey cold here.
    Might prod OH to get some mince pies and that thought is all SG's fault so I shall send him the bill.
    Now let me see, 1 London is the Duke of Wellington's address* so it must be number 2.

*It is. I have a horsey (show jumping) friend that knows him.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    Slippy slidy SunMonday. The Valley is frozen. That covering of wet snow last night has frozen solid, black ice, white ice, grey ice. Just dropped off the hire car, as I'm walking back this teen schoolgirl beside me does the full cartoon style legs flailing and down, she was fine. Then a teen lad tries to ride his bike round a 90 degree corner covered in black ice. Again he was fine. These kidz just bounce.

Potter day, sort stuff out. Go collect the graveller from LBS, got it serviced while I was away for the weekend.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

'Dogging car park'! Surely not at this time of day or was it dog walkers? That's terrible, atrocious behaviour the evil sinners.
    Where is this car park?

TLW knows the one.
    Cars were frosted up so didn't seem to be much action going on when I arrived.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    pinno said:

Might prod OH to get some mince pies and that thought is all SG's fault so I shall send him the bill.
    Now let me see, 1 London is the Duke of Wellington's address* so it must be number 2.

the duke's place is famous for the portrait of the unknown lady with the boobies

sunny but cold here, avoided the ice patches today
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

...ensure I was there for the strict 7am present opening...

Why, would he be up at 5am?

Where is this car park?

He wanted to open his presents before his brother went to school
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Where is this car park?

TLW knows the one.
    Unfortunately this car park has passed me by! Is it by the river?
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

Where is this car park?

TLW knows the one.
    Unfortunately this car park has passed me by! Is it by the river?
    That's the one.
  • Freezing cold, bad traffic and a school run for me.
    Was quite amusing watching a BMW X5 skid about whilst in 4x4 mode, my L200 coped admirably.
    Site meeting this morning so just waiting for the traffic to clear.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

pinno said:

the duke's place is famous for the portrait of the unknown lady with the boobies
    today
    Can you see the picture from your window?

• pinno
    orraloon said:

Slippy slidy SunMonday. The Valley is frozen. That covering of wet snow last night has frozen solid, black ice, white ice, grey ice. Just dropped off the hire car, as I'm walking back this teen schoolgirl beside me does the full cartoon style legs flailing and down, she was fine. Then a teen lad tries to ride his bike round a 90 degree corner covered in black ice. Again he was fine. These kidz just bounce.

Potter day, sort stuff out. Go collect the graveller from LBS, got it serviced while I was away for the weekend.

You took a teen schoolgirl to Belgium?!
    well done.
  • See yesterday's report.

Slight annoyance, got bitten by couple of big angry ants. Just to remind them that they should not be so snarky... I gave them a 1,000 rpm ride on the whipper-snipper string line into oblivion.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

today
    you have to nip in

• pinno
    Talking of perv's paradise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt8C-we157I

(You can turn the volume off)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

well done.
    I'm sure she's safe and sound back in her basement...

Busy morning and took a while to get the home office up to temperature even with 2 wall mounted electric heaters and heater fan. Nice and toasty now, next step is to get a kettle in here to save popping up to the house to get a cuppa.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    Morning. WFW today. Decided to take the car instead of riding as it was -2.5 C and our side roads are not gritted. Nice to have Winter tyres. Gave myself a nosebleed by ramming LFT bud too far up my nose this morning. At least it's very toasty in my office and saves having heating on at home. (yes, I'm a tight git!)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

well done.
    I'm sure she's safe and sound back in her basement...

As I've said before, what happens in Flanders stays in Flanders.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod said:

pinno said:

sungod said:

pinno said:

today
    you have to nip in

Surely thats nipping out?

Brassic here, floating about -1 currently had the eco hippies banging on the door earlier telling me off for burning coal. I politely informed them I was burning seasoned wood which got them equally annoyed they left a sticker on my door to match everyone elses on the road so no one felt left out. They did ironically drive off in some tatty old van which spewed more smoke than a destroyer laying a smoke screen so I informed the local plod on that one.

Anyway, I was going to faff around in the garage but its colder than a nuns proverbials outside an trying to set a bandsaw blade in the cold is not the smartest thing to do probably so I shall sit indoors an sample mince pies.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

...van which spewed more smoke than a destroyer laying a smoke screen...

More than Stevo's banger?
    step83 said:

Anyway, I was going to faff around in the garage but its colder than a nuns proverbials outside an trying to set a bandsaw blade in the cold is not the smartest thing to do probably so I shall sit indoors an sample mince pies.

I agree - fingers are useful.

• I've even had to layer up my office today as it's that cold!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    I've been keeping an eye out from on high for Eco-hippies - they wouldn't like me very much, what with Panzer and oil fired CH.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble there and back but it was more than a bit fresh. Nice and sunny on the way in at least.
    Are you in your ivory tower there Stevo 🤣
  • pinno
    For 'burbs, it looks alright.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Looks lovely, but not going to let that stop me extracting urine. Is it 'burbs or commuter belt village life? Old place was what I'd consider suburban, new mansion is further out isn't it?
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

I've been keeping an eye out from on high for Eco-hippies - they wouldn't like me very much, what with Panzer and oil fired CH.

Looks loverly Stevo
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks loverly Stevo
    Cheers matey. You can also see the man cave and the Panzer down below. Gradient on the drive up to the front door will be good fun when it's snowy/icy - 1 in 4 and no stopping room once you're on the flat bit. Will be a bit like that scene from the Italian Job where they're trying trying to get the Minis in the back of the bus :smiley:
  • Stevo_666

Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, managed to wobble there and back but it was more than a bit fresh. Nice and sunny on the way in at least.
    Are you in your ivory tower there Stevo 🤣

I only went up to the house to take a leak and thought the near sunset was quite nice :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

For 'burbs, it looks alright.

The burbs are several miles over that ridge in the background...