sunday is oojah-cum-spiff

'ning

rather cold

ride, cafes, in view of the cold, perhaps a nip of the king's ginger with the mince pie, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Run with hounds, could do with some chainsaw action but doubt I will have time as we are off to go ice skating ๐Ÿ™„ later is a meal out with the family and my parents - the third birthday meal for the rugrat despite it not being his birthday until tomorrow
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Lads football on, Beautiful morning, Roast turkey with all the trimmings later. Life not so bad.
    Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    seanoconn said:

Lads football on, Beautiful morning, Roast turkey with all the trimmings later. Life not so bad.

Sounds good and oddly, not my choice on Xmas day.

Christmas day for us will be Roast beef and... Hang on a minute

[It's still November, shuddup me]

Drizzly and cool.
    Today's itinerererery will be some roller action and putting Porky mate's bike back together after sourcing: hanger, rear mech and chain due to hanger snap incident. I also sold him handlebars and stem :) ching ching.
    [Can't believe the price of new/second hand Campag. fcuking Brexit].
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    sunny but brrr

almost came a cropper on a patch of ice at the top of col de highgate, leaky water main, it's only been leaking a few years though, not as if there's been time to repair it
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Chilly here but at least the wind has died down a fair bit. Hounds have been chasing each other round the garden and acquiring new sticks that got blown off the trees.

Later is more furniture assembly and giving junior a lift back to the station. Will drop off to see a mate on the way back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, seems chuffing cold out there. Got to go out to the garage to fix a mate's bike at some point, think it's a door closed, heater on day. Might go for a stroll as well.
  • tlw1
    Ferkin powers down here, eta 20:00. This may impact local pub enjoyment
  • tlw1 said:

Surely they'd just let you help yourself and keep a tab?

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited November 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

Chilly here but at least the wind has died down a fair bit. Hounds have been chasing each other round the garden and acquiring new sticks that got blown off the trees.

Later is more furniture assembly and giving junior a lift back to the station. Will drop off to see a mate on the way back.<</b>/blockquote>

Let me know what time youโ€™re coming over so I can go out before you arrive.

Pinno, ืžืœืš ืื™ื“ื™ื•ื˜ ื•ื—ืจื ืžื›ื•ื ืื™
  • Another day of staying home and tackling jobs. Pulled out a bunch of weeds around the place, swept up leaves (futile job really), some shed faff as usual. Spot of sun lounge action this afternoon, then a round of mowing.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68

tlw1 said:

Another advantage of real ale from a hand pump
  • tlw1 said:

Just off to test a couple of those now... ;)

• veronese68
    Just won a fleabay auction for a Chesini frame to replace the one that got bent, just have to collect from Norf London. Will I need my passport?
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

๐Ÿ˜‚ the advantage of the local is you can walk in have a few pints and say I will settle up next time Iโ€™m in
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

The only advantage
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod said:

sunny but brrr

almost came a cropper on a patch of ice at the top of col de highgate, leaky water main, it's only been leaking a few years though, not as if there's been time to repair it

There's a couple of those here, at least the main road had been gritted so that one was just slush when I went out this morning.

Spent the day traipsing up a boggy then icy mountain just to get to the top and find my radio transmitter didn't work. Then some horizontal hail arrived so I made as fast an exit as I could given the conditions.
  • veronese68
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

The only advantage
    One of many
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    And he's back. M25 remarkably free flowing on a Sunday evening. Heavy rain in Westvlaanderen from yesterday afternoon until we left this afternoon, serves us right for going in November. Looks like grabbing the opportunity when that little window opened was good timing: had to pay โ‚ฌ26 for a rapid antigen test in a pharmacy there, negative results logged against our locator forms details, and ยฃ20 for the return to UK LFT. Which changes from Tuesday, back into the "is it really worth the aggro" just for a really enjoyable long weekend world again.

Back to a cold, frosty and snow dusted world. With 41.64 litres of my brexshit allowance of 42 litres of excellent Belgian beers. Won't 'kin care if it is armageddon a-comin', my end of days stocks are well replenished. ๐Ÿ˜Š