Friday can feck off

You know when you have a feeling it's going to be one of those days?

Train
WFW
Eye test
Stagger home

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Ooo the swear filter is on the ball this morning.
  • Was not such a bad day here, even if I did achieve almost nothing again. That makes a near-perfect week of fail to do anything.

I may go down to the shed a bit later just to remind myself of the work in progress.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today has started slightly hazy thanks to my support for a couple of local pubs last night.

Today is try not to kill the money grabbing SIL and work stuff.

As the current wife is spending a fortune on her hair later I imagine we won’t be just going to the local later
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Today has started slightly hazy thanks to my support for a couple of local pubs last night.

As the current wife is spending a fortune on her hair later I imagine we won’t be just going to the local later

I didn’t realise times were so hard, you shouldn’t have to choose between hair or pub. I’m here if you need a hand out 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    It's windy and very cold.
    Want to swap murders TLW? Except, it's not my SIL but my S.

Might do some black Friday shopping online and that will get the majority of Christmas shopping out the way.

Dunno what else i'll be able to do given the weather.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    thistle_ said:

Friday can fuck off!?

SG would be spinning in his grave! Or slightly too soft hotel bed.
  • pinno
    How's the foot WS?
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

thistle_ said:

Friday can censored off!?

SG would be spinning in his grave! Or slightly too soft hotel bed.
    I think every day is a Friday if you are sungod #notjealous

• tlw1
    pinno said:

It's windy and very cold.
    Want to swap murders TLW? Except, it's not my SIL but my S.

This sounds like a plan
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I didn’t realise times were so hard, you shouldn’t have to choose between hair or pub. I’m here if you need a hand out 👍
    😂 I would choose pub if that was the case
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Morning from a grey and very like Ingerrrland's weather West Vlanderen. A Hommelbier fueled evening means a gentle start. Off to get arrival tested, too late last night, first evah covid test, what happens if I fail...? Quarantine here in the hotel with its excellent food and range of beers perhaps?
  • seanoconn
    orraloon said:

Morning from a grey and very like Ingerrrland's weather West Vlanderen. A Hommelbier fueled evening means a gentle start. Off to get arrival tested, too late last night, first evah covid test, what happens if I fail...? Quarantine here in the hotel with its excellent food and range of beers perhaps?

Have you just arrived in Belgium?
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Win/win.
  • pinno
    edited November 2021
    Now you see this hair business thingy...

My very bestest mate split up with his wyfey woman.
    In the divorce settlement, there was this intrinsic contradiction.
    He spent on classic cars - loads of them.
    She spent on hair-do's, manicure's, pedicure's and membership to a gym and health Spa.
    In the split up, he has to give up x number of bangers to pay her and his argument is that there is nothing to show for her expenditure but something to show for his expenditure.
    Had she spent the money on actual, tangible things that would be considered as assets, then the split would be fairer.

So it pays to spend all your spare cash on useless activities because you don't want to end up the one in a better financial position.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

She spent on hair-do's, manicure's, pedicure's and membership to a gym and health Spa.
    In the split up, he has to give up x number of bangers to pay her and his argument is that there is nothing to show for her expenditure but something to show for his expenditure.
    Had she spent the money on actual, tangible things that would be considered as assets, then the split would be fairer.

So it pays to spend all your spare cash on useless activities because you don't want to end up the one in a better financial position.

Interesting, so his argument didn’t hold weight in the end?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Like hoes and blow
  • pinno said:

How's the foot WS?

No real change. Which concerns me, somewhat. The actual hole had healed over but is still pretty sore in a very localised area. Foot is quite swollen still and that's barely changed in about 4 days now. Not hot, throbbing or necessarily sore, just puffed up like a blowfish.

Doc seems to think there "may" be a bit of bone infection rather than just tissue but reckons just leave it a few more days and see.

I'm not good at wait and see games.

• pinno

pinno said:

How's the foot WS?

No real change. Which concerns me, somewhat. The actual hole had healed over but is still pretty sore in a very localised area. Foot is quite swollen still and that's barely changed in about 4 days now. Not hot, throbbing or necessarily sore, just puffed up like a blowfish.

Doc seems to think there "may" be a bit of bone infection rather than just tissue but reckons just leave it a few more days and see.

Have you tried a wire brush and paraffin?

Had a bone infection, been there, got the T shirt. 3 and a half years with an open wound just below the hip. Changed dressings 2-3 times a day.
    Felt like a Leper. Worked at various financial institutions having to put up with the office politics and Ricky Gervais style shyte while I am in hell and they are wondering why I found petty nonsense, b!tching and gossip completely un-interesting.
  • pinno
    ...and nobody knew. I wasn't going to furnish them with that information.
    Imagine cycling to work and you can hear squelch, squelch, squelch with each pedal stroke and having to carry dressings with you.

But I am here and those days are long gone and I might be a tw@t at times but i'm never an 4rsehole. They'll always be 4rseholes.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Nope. Though I think his argument has some weight.
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Nope. Though I think his argument has some weight.
    This is probably mentioned time and again in divorce preceding. Must be a stipulation for tangible assets. Spend money on assets, you’re penalised, consume it, you’re not.
  • pinno said:

pinno said:

How's the foot WS?

Have you tried a wire brush and paraffin?

Had a bone infection, been there, got the T shirt. 3 and a half years with an open wound just below the hip. Changed dressings 2-3 times a day.
    Felt like a Leper. Worked at various financial institutions having to put up with the office politics and Ricky Gervais style shyte while I am in hell and they are wondering why I found petty nonsense, b!tching and gossip completely un-interesting.
    I've had a good old poke about in it, and slathered iodine lotion all over it. Not helped much though.

In the overall scheme of things, I'm hopeful that my injury is relatively inconsequential and will mend in time. Just not clear how much time I should expect to allow for that to happen. I'd be happier if I had confidence that the recommended treatment plan was pretty much guaranteed to work, in *x* days. Instead, it seems to be a bit of a guess about efficacy at all, let alone duration. Why does the medical industry charge so much again?

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

😂 I would choose pub if that was the case
    Look on the bright side, she'll never divorce you if it means paying for your pub expenditure :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Long day in the office - drove in quicker than expected and have to hang around 'till 7 when junior's train gets into Euston. Have bought extra supplies as we won't be having dinner until quite late.

Got my BUPA video consultation on the leg later on and in true sod's law fashion, haven't had a squeak out of it today (not literally, I'm not Pinno :smile: )
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    This Friday certainly coulld have done one. Only another 15 minutes then I'm going to the pub. Wobbled in to work as we were having meetings over who gets the chop. I had to leave at 11.45 to get to an appointment at 12.30 so said we need to have it all over and done with by then. The first guy in there took over an hour and a half as he was arguing every point, I left after 12 not having had my meeting, pedalled furiously and got to my appointment with a minute in hand.
    My boss eventually called to tell me I was in the clear and arguing bloke wasn't, which I kind of knew already but it's good to have it confirmed. Thankfully didn't get rained on at least. Beautiful assistant is very happy that I'm not going anywhere.
    Now 8 minutes to pub o'clock, I feel like I deserve a drink tonight.
    I thought Thistle's post was from 'loon with this talk of an eye exam, with that, Stevo's leg inspection and Spinner putting a hole in his foot we're not doing very well collectively.
    Anyway, time I wasn't here, have a good weekend everyone.
    pinno said:

I might be a tw@t at times but i'm never an 4rsehole. They'll always be 4rseholes.

Are you the best one to judge that, I'm not convinced as to your imaprtiality :D
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Passed the ART stick 6" up the node test this morning as did we all so beers in Ieper this pm. Good time. Gastro meal tonight.

Saw a lot of Porkers etc. Thought Pinno might be jealous, not of the finger in the frame.

• thistle_
    orraloon said:

Passed the ART stick 6" up the node test this morning as did we all so beers in Ieper this pm. Good time. Gastro meal tonight.

Saw a lot of Porkers etc. Thought Pinno might be jealous, not of the finger in the frame.

I think that photos falls into the "right place right time" rather than "skill" category.

I thought Thistle's post was from 'loon with this talk of an eye exam, with that, Stevo's leg inspection and Spinner putting a hole in his foot we're not doing very well collectively.

Opticians said I probably wouldn't be able to drive afterwards because (due to covid rules) they need to give you the eyedrops that make your vision like you've been down the pub all morning.
    Didn't have the eye drops in the end so all the faff with the train was for nothing.
    Failed the peripheral vision test first time but passed on the second go. The machine made a 'level up' noise too which hasn't happened before.

Hailing here. Winter's started.
    The viaduct on the main road is being closed shortly due to the wind, first time I've known it to have been closed.

• tlw1
    Ha ha you have to carry on working V68
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    Well that was an interesting if slightly terrifying commute home! Tad windy out. Pub beckons.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited November 2021
    tlw1 said:

Ha ha you have to carry on working V68

W⚓. 😭