Camera for filming on the bike, plus stills and being able to remove it on the go for stills/video.

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,584
edited November 2021 in Road buying advice
Evening all,

I'm after a camera that I can mount on the bars to take video, but also one that I could conceivably snap stills on, and it would be nice to be able to remove it one handed to video or take stills to the side/behind etc.

Does such a piece of tech exist, and is there anything around for around the £100 mark or less?

Wouldn't be shooting much video, so battery not overly important, more likely to be very short clips, and stills.

In theory I could do it with my phone, but I know I would end up dropping it, and smashing it into many pieces.

For the ability to release the camera, I think I would need to be looking at something like a garmin quarter turn mount.

If anyone knows of anything, I'd be keen to hear.

I know it't not strictly advisable, but I wouldn't rule out something like a helmet mount if it was on the side, but not sure how easy that would be to detach and re-attach without being able to see the mount as it were.

Going on a ride with my daugher and a fair number of children down in the new forest in a few weeks time, and would be nice to get some footage, plus I would use it on my own group rides.
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments