tuesday sundering spacetime in the quest for the pineapple of enlightenment

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,
    Had to go into the orifice for a meeting this morning, yesterday's bad day being extended into today and on through the week. The appalling performance this year has resulted in the inevitable cuts. Director's believe it is all due to Brexit, but I reckon a large part of the blame is with the failings of the new computer system. But as a company that had 50% of it's sales going into the EU it was always going to be a tough year. I should be alright as I know where the bodies are buried, but it's still a rather unpleasant feeling to say the least. I did tear someone off a strip for bragging about the Porsche he wants to buy in a loud voice, I pointed out that shouting about buying a Porsche when people are worried about losing their jobs could be considered insensitive at best. Even Stevo can read a room better than that ;) Somehow I managed not to swear, most unlike me.
    Bailed at lunchtime and now wfh so as to avoid punching anyone, I've got to be in the orifice for the rest of the week so getting out seemed like a good idea. Might get myself an axe to take to work.

Come on, it can't be bragging when Pinno can afford 2 of them :)
    😂
    But he was talking about getting a GT3 and I don't think they are as cheap as Piña's.
    £154 k.

If he has never owned one, he is a tw@t for even considering it.
    That's not what makes him a tw@
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,
    Had to go into the orifice for a meeting this morning, yesterday's bad day being extended into today and on through the week. The appalling performance this year has resulted in the inevitable cuts. Director's believe it is all due to Brexit, but I reckon a large part of the blame is with the failings of the new computer system. But as a company that had 50% of it's sales going into the EU it was always going to be a tough year. I should be alright as I know where the bodies are buried, but it's still a rather unpleasant feeling to say the least. I did tear someone off a strip for bragging about the Porsche he wants to buy in a loud voice, I pointed out that shouting about buying a Porsche when people are worried about losing their jobs could be considered insensitive at best. Even Stevo can read a room better than that ;) Somehow I managed not to swear, most unlike me.
    Bailed at lunchtime and now wfh so as to avoid punching anyone, I've got to be in the orifice for the rest of the week so getting out seemed like a good idea. Might get myself an axe to take to work.

😂
    But he was talking about getting a GT3 and I don't think they are as cheap as Piña's.
    £154 k.

That's not what makes him a tw@
    Sure but there's 2 types of Porker owner. One type (the majority) buy one because it looks good.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Evening. Shed loads of teaching, observing student teachers and rugby. More work after dinner. Mrs GTi out so kids put to bed. And relax.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    pinno said:

tetley10 said:

blah... blah...

What time do you call this?!

Just finished reading the list you posted.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    edited November 2021
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

😂
    £154 k.

How do you get your first GT3 without being a twatt?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno said:

Sure but there's 2 types of Porker owner. One type (the majority) buy one because it looks good.

Aaaaaand the other type buy one because they just think it looks good, but aren’t actually sure.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Afternoon folks,

That sucks, V68. Good luck. Time to polish the CV?

Consulting firm I worked for had to do the staff cuts thing, mainly to make it look better for “analysts” for an IPO. We had a Director tell the room that he and the other Partners had struggled through some very long lunch meetings… to figure out where to make the cuts.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Aaaaaand the other type buy one because they just think it looks good, but aren’t actually sure.
    And this type:

They tend to overcompensate by buying two :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

😂
    £154 k.

If he has never owned a Porsche, he is a tw@t for even considering it.
    How do you get your first GT3 without being a twatt?
    Edited 'cos you struggle join the dots.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

And this type:

Congrats on posting that for the 10th time.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

And this type:

Congrats on posting that for the 10th time.
    Still gets a rise ;)
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399

Afternoon folks,

I’ll have first dibs on the polish assistant please.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    tetley10 said:

Yo, two sessions of athletics today, trying to convince students they don't need to try and teach 6 year olds how to throw a javelin or that 7 year olds could struggle to run 200m is a challenge. I imagine most of them couldn't give two tits about PE but got to try, right.

Morning in the woods tomorrow with a group, cooking on open fires and making shelters so that should be a good crack.

Don’t be like that tetley, you might have next Dina Asher Smith just waiting for some inspiration from her PE teacher.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859

Afternoon folks,

Always crap going through these things.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Cheers chaps, all a bit of a downer even though I'm as confident as I can be that it won't be me.
    Sorry Seano, beautiful assistant stays. Already had that confirmed 😁