tuesday sundering spacetime in the quest for the pineapple of enlightenment

'ning

ride, cafes, mince pie, nip into gmc, wfh, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, toll road, meetings, toll road and then a run possibly whilst youngest is playing football
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Work work day, first and last of this week, going to be a cold one, thermals looked out. Sunshine forecast, "nice".
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Chilly - had to scrape some frost off the windscreen this morning. Now on train into town after driving part of the way - roads pretty empty for part of it. Need coffee though as not very good at getting up early.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Dull.
    Bit of a loose end today. Might pedal if the drizzly mizzly stops.
    Merc goes into body shop for last bits next Wednesday. Then soon after slap a 'For sale' on it.
    Porker goes in tomorrow or Thursday to welder bloke and then... MOT! Farq me that'll be a thing. 2 years in the making.
    Though there is 2 x 90mm M14 x 1.5 pitch bolts to pop in the lower rear shock mounts in the post somewhere from those lovely boys at the very creatively named 'Bolt world'.
    Tricky is back up to speed but school roolz say 72 hrs after puking so we'll entertain her somehow. Bit of homework, lots of grub.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Another day of near total inactivity, with foot still out of action. Going a bit bonkers being stuck on the injured list while the weather is nice and there's lots to do.

Made some good progress on the suntan though.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, blooming cold an bright out today. Various bits of work occurring with work so working on those so I don't have more work later. :|

Did some repair work on the garage, seems theres a bit of wet getting in between the bottom of the wall an concrete slab, just some mortar breaking away. filled an repointed so just waiting for it to fully go off then waterproof it.

Consensus on mince pies? I know SG is munching them but are us mere mortals allowed to as yet?
  • pinno
    step83 said:

Consensus on mince pies? I know SG is munching them but are us mere mortals allowed to as yet?

Buy, munch and then report back.
    SG keeps his cards close to his chest and doesn't reveal his source(s). Shady character. Probably dodgy. Anyone who plays around in labs with biological and chemical stuff should be avoided.

• pinno
    Porker bits have arrived. Wahey.
    Did some decorating. I hate decorating. Decorating is highly overrated. The painting bit takes no time. It's the prep bit that sucks.

Where's one of the @MattFalle when you need the place livened up bit?
    FFS, he's useless that boy.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    sooo cold. fuckingbitter.

tdv flew out this morning, i'm starting to pack to go away again. hound can sense something is up and is being all clingy/soppy. rest of family still hates me.

tdv and i will catch up when we catch up. its all utterly bizarre and i'm directly involved.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Ss an aside, the gardener just asked if he could use our lawnmower as he doesn't have one.

Naturally I said yes but isn't a lawnmower an essntial part of gardening? I didn't question wtaf did he fail to prepare for, what is, literally, hiw onlyfucking raison d'aitre.

its like me turning up for work with no boots or, for example, Steveo without a pen or John GT without a jacket with leather elbow patches.

#confused
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    MattFalle said:

Ss an aside, the gardener just asked if he could use our lawnmower as he doesn't have one.

Naturally I said yes but isn't a lawnmower an essntial part of gardening? I didn't question wtaf did he fail to prepare for, what is, literally, hiw onlyfucking raison d'aitre.

its like me turning up for work with no boots or, for example, Steveo without a pen or John GT without a jacket with leather elbow patches.

#confused

Or Pinno without a….. without a……Hmmmm. I’ll have to think about this one 🤔
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    step83 said:

2 consumed so far. What we really need to know is where the good ones are at??
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

#confused

copy of Razzle, a huge thermos and 20 Benson?
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Not that fussed myself, but don't let me stop you.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Not that fussed myself, but don't let me stop you.
    this. they're alright but not as good as scratchings or TDNFNATN doing lots of bending over.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

sooo cold. fuckingbitter.

Fuckingmild here.
    Shorts on but went running instead of cycling because it was raining.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Buy, munch and then report back.
    SG keeps his cards close to his chest and doesn't reveal his source(s). Shady character. Probably dodgy. Anyone who plays around in labs with biological and chemical stuff should be avoided.

Yeah avoid any offering there I'd say, likely to scuttle off your plate an eat next doors cat before you can get some brandy butter on them.

Also, I loathe painting walls an put it off when ever I can, hence living here for a few years now an still not having redecorated all the rooms from the precious owner!
    seanoconn said:

step83 said:

Mmm, only one I've had thus far was very meh, I need to get over to Toddington found a great little bike friendly cafe. both times I've been the home made bakes have been perfect, shall have to check for mince pies then fill up the bar bag with them. got to keep fuelled up on the return leg.
  • I haven't ventured into the mince pie section yet although we have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow and there have been rumors afoot.
    No riding tonight, might split some kindling as the kids are round (they're not allowed near me whilst I'm wielding an axe)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    seanoconn said:

step83 said:

the m&s baked in store ones are consistently good, look for an m&s 'cafe'

biscuiteers ones quite nice too, though i don't think the frangipane lid is as good as pastry would've been
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Had to go into the orifice for a meeting this morning, yesterday's bad day being extended into today and on through the week. The appalling performance this year has resulted in the inevitable cuts. Director's believe it is all due to Brexit, but I reckon a large part of the blame is with the failings of the new computer system. But as a company that had 50% of it's sales going into the EU it was always going to be a tough year. I should be alright as I know where the bodies are buried, but it's still a rather unpleasant feeling to say the least. I did tear someone off a strip for bragging about the Porsche he wants to buy in a loud voice, I pointed out that shouting about buying a Porsche when people are worried about losing their jobs could be considered insensitive at best. Even Stevo can read a room better than that ;) Somehow I managed not to swear, most unlike me.
    Bailed at lunchtime and now wfh so as to avoid punching anyone, I've got to be in the orifice for the rest of the week so getting out seemed like a good idea. Might get myself an axe to take to work.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

#confused

copy of Razzle, a huge thermos and 20 Benson?
    Now you really are confusing me with Stevo.

I was going to suggest "...without his angle grinder." would be relevant to me.
  • pinno
    All this talk of mince pies, it's making my mouth water.
    Warmed up with a bit a dollop of whipped cream on top.
  • veronese68
    Sorry, forgot to say, a pack of Sainsbury's Taste the Difference mince pies seems to have appeared in the kitchen since I left for work this morning. I should probably investigate further and report back. The EPO normally buys a tub of brandy or Cointreau cream, but I haven't seen any of that in the fridge so maybe I should wait.
    There is a can of beer though, Hazy Jane. Maybe I should start early. That reminds me, I wonder how LD and Jane are getting on.
    Good to see Step is stepping up more often again.
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Had to go into the orifice for a meeting this morning, yesterday's bad day being extended into today and on through the week. The appalling performance this year has resulted in the inevitable cuts. Director's believe it is all due to Brexit, but I reckon a large part of the blame is with the failings of the new computer system. But as a company that had 50% of it's sales going into the EU it was always going to be a tough year. I should be alright as I know where the bodies are buried, but it's still a rather unpleasant feeling to say the least. I did tear someone off a strip for bragging about the Porsche he wants to buy in a loud voice, I pointed out that shouting about buying a Porsche when people are worried about losing their jobs could be considered insensitive at best. Even Stevo can read a room better than that ;) Somehow I managed not to swear, most unlike me.
    Bailed at lunchtime and now wfh so as to avoid punching anyone, I've got to be in the orifice for the rest of the week so getting out seemed like a good idea. Might get myself an axe to take to work.

Come on, it can't be bragging when Pinno can afford 2 of them :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

😂
    But he was talking about getting a GT3 and I don't think they are as cheap as Piña's.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

😂
    But he was talking about getting a GT3 and I don't think they are as cheap as Piña's.
    I was wondering how much Trigger's Broom costs.
  • MattFalle
    Easy gents, don't mock the folly - everyone needs one.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo, two sessions of athletics today, trying to convince students they don't need to try and teach 6 year olds how to throw a javelin or that 7 year olds could struggle to run 200m is a challenge. I imagine most of them couldn't give two tits about PE but got to try, right.

Morning in the woods tomorrow with a group, cooking on open fires and making shelters so that should be a good crack.
  • pinno
    tetley10 said:

blah... blah...

What time do you call this?!

• pinno

Stevo_666 said:

Afternoon folks,

😂
    £154 k.

If he has never owned one, he is a tw@t for even considering it.