monday may change phase spontaneously

2»

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Tonight’s bike ride was rather short, convinced a pal to use his gravel bike off road, 3 miles in he want over the bars and snapped his carbon bars. Don’t think his wife will be inviting us over for Christmas drinks now

Ouch.

Go Pro footage?
    Unfortunately not. Really fancy a go pro but know I can’t be bothered to spend hours editing
    That £250 from you've been framed would've paid for some new bars though.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Tonight’s bike ride was rather short, convinced a pal to use his gravel bike off road, 3 miles in he want over the bars and snapped his carbon bars. Don’t think his wife will be inviting us over for Christmas drinks now

Ouch.

Go Pro footage?
    Unfortunately not. Really fancy a go pro but know I can’t be bothered to spend hours editing
    Exactly the reason I've not got one either. I've enough trouble editing photos taken out on a ride let alone video.

Is that to add in those beautiful scenery backdrops?? 😉
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    tlw1 said:

...use his gravel bike off road...

I thought gravel as 'off road'.
    Some guy snapped his FSA carbon bars resulting in a broken jaw. Bars turned out to be fake.
    That as on the bike show, C4 a while ago.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Using a gravel bike off road is asking for trouble!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Balls, read above posts before posting 🤦‍♂️
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Balls, read above posts before posting 🤦‍♂️

I do that.
  • orraloon said:

tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Ouch.

Go Pro footage?
    Exactly the reason I've not got one either. I've enough trouble editing photos taken out on a ride let alone video.

Is that to add in those beautiful scenery backdrops?? 😉
    Nah can't avoid those round here... :-)
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    oxoman said:

Nothing wrong with gravel bikes on offroad stuff. Done cannock on my cyclocross bike.

This, did the London to Brighton off road on my CX, it was the best bike for the vast majority of the ride. The couple of times it wasn't I fell off, but I had a lot of fun :D
  • GoPro editing can be surprisingly quick with, erm Quik. Unfortunatly they've made it a subscription app now rather than a free version.

iMovie is apparently pretty good and I'm going to give it a bash (no MF, not that) before winter.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Our goalie has a GoPro in his goal most weeks and usually turns the footage around in a day or so. I have no idea if that's good or not.
  • pinno
    It takes me about 2-3 hours to film and 2 hours to edit 3 minutes of film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTGjee52eak
  • pinno
    (and it's still not that good)
  • seanoconn
    tetley10 said:

Our goalie has a GoPro in his goal most weeks and usually turns the footage around in a day or so. I have no idea if that's good or not.

Like Ben Foster, the cycling GK. watch a few of his vids on YouTube but I don’t think he’s allowed he’s GoPro now Watford are back in the Premiership.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    oxoman said:

Nothing wrong with gravel bikes on offroad stuff. Done cannock on my cyclocross bike. Fake bars oh dear, I rarely change mine from when I buy my bikes new for that reason.

I agree, this was more skill than bike related.

The bars were ribble carbon aero bars he upgraded to when buying the bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

GoPro editing can be surprisingly quick with, erm Quik. Unfortunatly they've made it a subscription app now rather than a free version.

iMovie is apparently pretty good and I'm going to give it a bash (no MF, not that) before winter.

👍 will have a look when the inevitable spend bonus before it’s diverted towards house stuff happens