monday may change phase spontaneously

'ning

nippybright

ride, cafes, await berry bros pantechnicon of bubbly, smidge of wfh, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    sitting in the car outside the house waiting for bambini for school run, given up shouting and stressing.

utterly honking here - gopping down.

couple of nice bits coming up at work today so should all be good - he says..... #thefuckening
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked, rather cold out.

Work stuff followed by gravel biking and pub avoidance
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Frosty, frosty, frosty, frosty, frost. Not an ounce of wind and clear skies.
    Tricky was sick all day yesterday. Couldn't get anything down her so hoping she'll be able to eat something.

Pub avoidance during the week, pub invasion at weekends?

Are we AC SG?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    'morning... Still nursing my goppy eye. Going to see (with my good eye) docs in face to face later today. Had a painful few days. Missing riding my bike more than being annoyed with my eye. More Tramdol or a smidge of sleeping potion for a dreamy afternoon.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    MattFalle said:

s
    utterly honking here - gopping down.

And they claim Jersey is the sunniest place in the British Isles!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Please can Monday phase change into Friday?
  • Up early, for me at least but not SG early. I wager that he wakes up for a night time toilet trip, posts on here and goes back to bed for a few hours.

Did 2000m in the pool, and got a shock at the length of the queue outside the local covid test centre. More people than I've seen there in a long time.

Shame I'm forced into this work thing when it's so nice out.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle

'morning... Still nursing my goppy eye. Going to see (with my good eye) docs in face to face later today. Had a painful few days. Missing riding my bike more than being annoyed with my eye. More Tramdol or a smidge of sleeping potion for a dreamy afternoon.

sponge and vinegar (balsamic, not Sarsons).

that'll do the trick.
  • photonic69
    MattFalle said:

that'll do the trick.

Sainsburys TTD Balsamic or should I go to Waitrose?

• tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo, WFW, chilly in the south east but nice clear sky. Gym done now marking papers. Snooze later if the office empties out.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

that'll do the trick.

Sainsburys TTD Balsamic or should I go to Waitrose?
    depends if you're feeling posh or not, innit.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited November 2021
    WFH today, the home office took a bit of warming up but it's nice and toasty in here now. Leg still improving but going to be sure fully healed before pushing it again - could really do with a bike ride though.

Wandered down to the local pharmacy mid morning to get my flu jab. Rinse and repeat next week for the Covid booster.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Is that a blue rinse Stevo?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Day of almost nothing. Lovely and sunny though.

Visit to doc to get tetanus booster. Cursory inspection of actual injury, wrote a script for antibiotics and sent me home. Suspect I'll be back there in a couple of days for a more thorough look, not feeling too flash this evening.

Tedious. Very tedious.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Todays surprise post was courtesy of the Lancashire Constabulary :/
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Is that a blue rinse Stevo?

Badoom - tish :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • photonic69

Visit to very attractive nurse practitioner today. :p “Oh! That looks nasty” she says.
    “Lance it with a ‘kin needle and squeeze the life out of it” I thought. And she did. Hurt like bug-gery but it needed it.

• thistle_

Todays surprise post was courtesy of the Lancashire Constabulary :/

Anything good?
  • 36 in a 30
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    edited November 2021
    Hopefully, I've already done the motorways course so not sure if I'll be eligible for it.

edit - Looks like you can take one of each in a three year period so (I assume) as long as I'm under a percentage I can.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    I got speed awareness option for 36-7 in 30 last year, distracted by slowing and pulling in to let past a blue lights fire engine, then got too much back up to speed before clocking the camera van.
  • Stevo_666

Hopefully, I've already done the motorways course so not sure if I'll be eligible for it.

edit - Looks like you can take one of each in a three year period so (I assume) as long as I'm under a percentage I can.

Might be 3.5 years IIRC. How did you get nabbed? Mobile or fixed scamera?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Shoulder physio booked for tomorrow. Really should have done this a month ago but hey ho, the wheels are in motion.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw with a nice but chilly wobble in, dark wobble home of course. Bit of a shitday again.
    Back in the office tomorrow so at least I get to ride in.
  • thistle_

36 in a 30

Boring :lol:
    I was hoping it was furious cycling or something worth framing.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    thistle_ said:

36 in a 30

Boring :lol:
    I was hoping it was furious cycling or something worth framing.
    A friend of mine got arrested for being drunk in charge of a C5. They released him a few hours later after many phone calls from another mate pretending to be his brief. Refused to give him a copy of the charge sheet or admit he'd been nicked. But he was carted off in a jam sandwich and spent about 4 hours in the cells.
  • tlw1
    Tonight’s bike ride was rather short, convinced a pal to use his gravel bike off road, 3 miles in he want over the bars and snapped his carbon bars. Don’t think his wife will be inviting us over for Christmas drinks now
  • tlw1 said:

Tonight’s bike ride was rather short, convinced a pal to use his gravel bike off road, 3 miles in he want over the bars and snapped his carbon bars. Don’t think his wife will be inviting us over for Christmas drinks now

Ouch.

Go Pro footage?
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

Ouch.

Go Pro footage?
    Unfortunately not. Really fancy a go pro but know I can’t be bothered to spend hours editing
  • tlw1 said:

tlw1 said:

Ouch.

Go Pro footage?
    Unfortunately not. Really fancy a go pro but know I can’t be bothered to spend hours editing
    Exactly the reason I've not got one either. I've enough trouble editing photos taken out on a ride let alone video.