ride cafes mince pie(s) laze bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, 3 hr hilly hard run, F1 and probably the pub
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Yo, dog walked, the eldest's football this morning, roast dinner and chilling.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Honking down outside, curled up on couch with snoozing hound drinking coffee and watch MOTD.

Bambino at tennis in a bit then proceed on through the day.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Once that Honking down front goes through, Siberia rolls in.
    It's bright and crispy that's for sure after all the damp and mild stuff.
    Will layer up and pedal after the shizzle that hit the fan settles.
    [Shorty built something out of Kapla + Mum accidentally knocked it over = war]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Bore da. Coffee machine descaled, coffee now in hand. Going to chuck some clothes on and take the dog for a walk then marking, admin, and helping teen GTi with a guitar piece he has to perform in school. Might give the “new” bike frame a proper wash and de-grease and see if I can polish a few imperfections out on the top tube.
  • MattFalle
    Sitting in a car park
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Bore da. Coffee machine descaled, coffee now in hand. Going to chuck some clothes on and take the dog for a walk then marking, admin, and helping teen GTi with a guitar piece he has to perform in school. Might give the “new” bike frame a proper wash and de-grease and see if I can polish a few imperfections out on the top tube.

T Cut, beer and ordering a Ritte to complement the new frame always works.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

T Cut, beer and ordering a Ritte to complement the new frame always works.
    Defo t-cut in mind. Tea-total though so the beer is a non starter. Still considering a proper re spray as there’s a decent company around the corner from me. £380 is the quote for the work. Sorely tempted.
  • johngti
    Although I have some wet and dry in, like, 1800 grit left over from guitar painting days so could give that a go, do it proper like.
  • MattFalle
    Give it a go - if it works out, groovy as, if it doesn't just get it resprayed anyhow.

what colour/sare you thinking?

if a single colour, powder coating rocks, lasts longer/better and is cheaper....
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

Give it a go - if it works out, groovy as, if it doesn't just get it resprayed anyhow.

what colour/sare you thinking?

if a single colour, powder coating rocks, lasts longer/better and is cheaper....

Carbon fibre innit so powder coating isn’t an option. The whole frame needs a going over. Trip to Halfords for some cleaning gear and a bit of touch up paint and I’ll see how it turns out
  • MattFalle
    Gotcha - nor sure why I thought it was ali.

Simples then - wet n dry it down to bare carbon, new stickers from the 'Bay, 2PAK gliss lacquer.

it'll look freakingly beautiful, different, cost next to nothing to do.
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021
    as if by magic, one i prepared earlier....

• johngti
    Yeah, fair play. That’s tidy.
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021

5.83kg with chain and pedals, minimal cost and rubbish Ultegra 8000 because my Record shifter needed rebuilding at the time.

all this rubbish people put out about silly light bikes being a skill to build is just rubbish.

do it do it do it do it.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

grazie.

do it, do it, do it, do it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now relaxing. Supposed to be helping the lad with some stuff but he's not back from going to watch the rugby at his mate's yesterday. I think they might have had a few beers.
    Not surprised that bike is so light MFs, the chain is so fine I can't see it.
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021
    Had a gold chain on in the end as bling means prizes..... PYG or something stupidly light recommended off WW.
  • Slack day after a bad night sleep. Turns out that spiking your foot with 1/4" diameter steel isn't such a good plan. Who knew? Hobbled about slowly for most of the day as a result. Trip to doc tomorrow for tetanus shots again.

Still, I got to lay about in the sun for a while instead.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    MattFalle said:

5.83kg with chain and pedals, minimal cost and rubbish Ultegra 8000 because my Record shifter needed rebuilding at the time.

all this rubbish people put out about silly light bikes being a skill to build is just rubbish.

do it do it do it do it.

No handlebar tape either. The weight is going up!
    Are you tax dodging?
    #Jerseyboys
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    From all my medical experience gained on here I'd say you need Hello Kitty plasters then wankitout. See, I'm an expert me.
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

grazie.

Might be a job for a quieter point in the year I feel. Can’t be quick sanding all of that finish off - I’ll give it all a polish up in the short term, just try to make it look better (not that it looks bad now, I know of plenty of frames in worse nick)
  • MattFalle

Slack day after a bad night sleep. Turns out that spiking your foot with 1/4" diameter steel isn't such a good plan. Who knew? Hobbled about slowly for most of the day as a result. Trip to doc tomorrow for tetanus shots again.

Still, I got to lay about in the sun for a while instead.

thats not good. beer required.
  • MattFalle
    edited November 2021
    masjer said:

MattFalle said:

do it do it do it do it.

No handlebar tape either. The weight is going up!
    Are you tax dodging?
    #Jerseyboys

From all my medical experience gained on here I'd say you need Hello Kitty plasters then wankitout. See, I'm an expert me.

this, exactly.

one post and the man shows he has more medical knowledge than the whole of St John put together.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

MattFalle said:

johngti said:

grazie.

Might be a job for a quieter point in the year I feel. Can’t be quick sanding all of that finish off - I’ll give it all a polish up in the short term, just try to make it look better (not that it looks bad now, I know of plenty of frames in worse nick)
    it comes off fine - start with v rough wet n dry and just finish off with smooth.

will take a full day and its done.
  • tetley10
    Kids footy done. The team managed to grab their first point of the season. After watching them get wiped 6-0 & 7-0 most weeks this is a big achievement. The boy also managed to walk off the MOM trophy and actually deserved it. Coaching kids football gets under your skin.
  • tetley10
    I've avoided it for 6 years.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    edited November 2021
    Another lie in after a bit of a late one last night. Spent most of today unpacking some of the remaining assorted junk belonging to Mrs. 666 and putting it in the right places.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    That was a cold one. Winter drawers on. Enjoyed the ride but that north wind is c-c-cold. Currently enjoying a bowl of deep chunky vege soup to warm up the core again. Given there's about 2 hours of daylight left, that's about that.
  • Spent the morning bleaching tumeric out of the kitchen worktops from yesterdays homemade Mowgli curryfest.
    Currently helping wifey with accounts.
    Fire is on as it's freezing aroound these parts.
    Advocate of disc brakes.