friday wearing a midnight planétarium for the joy of it

'ning

ride, perhaps colbert brekkie, stuff, wfh, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Moaning,

WFW last early start for this month yippee Dry and Cool out image

Friday so defiantly a beer later on might have a cider too. No sign of mince pies yet, too early I recon ;)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Already impatient whilst waiting for new bike delivery. I expect it will be after I’ve set off on another bike to the old place to see the bizarre delights of toyoh willcoxs (wife is going over early to take her mum out for food).

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited November 2021
    'ning

Ride to work :o
    WFW
    Ride home
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Taking out Toyah's mum? You lot are Connected.

Workgroup Friday. Arboretum and hazel coppicing it is.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Arboretum and hazel coppicing it is.

Any pics of this Hazel person?
  • orraloon
    thistle_ said:

orraloon said:

Arboretum and hazel coppicing it is.

Any pics of this Hazel person?
    Ah'll see what I can do.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Wrong time of year for that there painting malarkey Oxo.

Me, I am connected too me.
    My mother's ex colleague (and lifelong friend) has a grand daughter married to Chris Froome's brother Jeremy. So there.
    I will pencil in an autograph session that you can all come along to.

Dull here and a tad windy. Though I can see some golden sunlight reflected on the woods at the farm.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Overcast but dry here, attempting to work through work.
    Making Saturdays curry tonight to let it mature. A bit of DIY and a hair cut.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Making Saturdays curry tonight to let it mature. A bit of DIY and a hair cut.

Yep, did this too. Yesterday made Paneer and marinated the Lamb in prep for tonight.
  • tlw1
    COVID within the entourage = tonight cancelled

Looks like I’m going to have to go to pubs and then for an Indian 🙄😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎
  • pinno
    tlw1 said:

Looks like I’m going to have to go to Homers pad for an Indian.

FTFY

What 'entourage' was that?

• tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

FTFY

Someone involved with toyah’s tour not sure who, it’s a mystery
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

FTFY

Thomeone involved with toyah’th tour not sure who, it’th a mythtery
    FTFY

• veronese68
    Morning folks,
    WFH for the end of a busy week, lots going on, not all of which I want to be involved with. Was looking forward to a quiet night in last night but ended up going to visit friend's daughter at St George's 'ostipal as baby had a seizure and they are doing tests. Poor girl was understandably very upset, baby should be alright but they need to work out what's going on.
    Itoo will be going to a pub tonight, but unlike TLW it will be my 3rd visit this week.
    I had a hair cut earlier this week, my head's cold now so I don't recommend it.
    Roll on 5pm and the weekend...
  • tlw1 said:

Looks like I’m going to have to go to pubs and then for an Indian 🙄😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Plan A image... image

Plan B image

• We've all that to "look forward to"... given Tassie is an island, it's been relatively easy to keep out the Covid hordes. There's been essentially zero cases here in about a year, just the odd one or two arrived into quarantine. Life for us has been as near to (old) normal as it gets. But in mid-December, the travel blocks will cease, and tourists and visitors will be allowed in again. Even with test criteria in place the expectation is that it won't be long before there's cases in the community here.

Vaccination rates are high, although booster programs are just beginning here.

In the meantime, today was a good milestone. OH finished the radiotherapy treatment program, has a follow up check in about 6 weeks to see if it's all worked as expected, but in the meantime, it's back to life as normal.

Faffed about in shed with dovetail joint jig again, but gave up and got the mower out instead for some late afternoon slasher action.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Just zapped a thai green curry for lunch and toasted a pitta
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68

In the meantime, today was a good milestone. OH finished the radiotherapy treatment program, has a follow up check in about 6 weeks to see if it's all worked as expected, but in the meantime, it's back to life as normal.

Good news Spinner, has he had to have any chemo as well? Do any of the treatments he's had affect his immune system? Hope it's worked out as well as it can for you.

• In the meantime, today was a good milestone. OH finished the radiotherapy treatment program, has a follow up check in about 6 weeks to see if it's all worked as expected, but in the meantime, it's back to life as normal.

Good news Spinner, has he had to have any chemo as well? Do any of the treatments he's had affect his immune system? Hope it's worked out as well as it can for you.
    Thanks V! And so far, we're in a good place. Thankfully, no chemo required. This was for prostate tumour - radio seems to be all that was required, got in "early". With luck, this will be the end of it for the foreseeable.

Won't know about the immunity thing too much for a while, but so far the docs seem fairly casual about it all. The good news is that we both generally are pretty good with general resistance to colds/flu/stuff.

I'm more concerned about the next bits though. January he's scheduled for second brain op, with the third probably March assuming recovery is ok in between. The procedure itself is one thing, but the possible side effects or events frighten the bejesus outta me. He's fairly susceptible to minor infections at the best of times, and has issues sometimes with blood pressure, gout and assorted nuisances, including hiatus hernia which did not play nicely with general anaesthetic last time....

The alternative though isn't really an option, there's too much remnant tumour tissue to ignore. Fingers crossed.

The only upside is that the neurosurgeon here is widely regarded as one of the very best in Australia. Hope so, if all goes well, I may end up on his table next year getting my dodgy neck fixed (again).
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

tlw1 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

FTFY

Thomeone involved with toyah’th tour not sure who, it’th a mythtery
    FTFY

I've just found out who owns Toyah Willcox's local Chinese takeaway.

It's a Mr Wee.

— The Dad Joke Man (@DadJokeMan) April 26, 2020
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Mega busy day, been on calls solid since 8.45 :/ The next batch is coming up soon. Take away and grog later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    That looks a lot like H³'s bike, except the stickers came off the frame and he has deepish carbon rims now. This means people often think he has a really expensive bike.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    tlw1 said:

Happy days

Welcome to club Ti, do the wheels go whoosh? Means its a good one then

Greyness abound from the climbs of Heckshire which feels like a horrifying combination of Hotel California and Groundhog day of late. Apparently were entertaining friends tonight so I'm debating feigning I have some very contagious disease, suggestions on the back of a PCR test pack please.

Weekend of blowing leaves around seems likely, keeps me busy, an annoys the neighbours.
  • orraloon
    Well, Hazel wouldn't play along so no pics. 20 or so in today's workgroup, some newbies and even a couple from the corporate outdoor activity end of spectrum. So that cadre went coppicing.

Leaving us hard core mob to clear scrub, ash and bramble from the section of the arboretum supposedly growing Wych Elm. We found 2 of the Elms. Ash everywhere, and 'kin arrisin' 'kin brambles. I hate brambles now, barstewards.

And no, I don't want no scrub
    A scrub is a plant that can't get no love from me

1632, open that bar.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tlw1 said:

Already impatient whilst waiting for new bike delivery. I expect it will be after I’ve set off on another bike to the old place to see the bizarre delights of toyoh willcoxs (wife is going over early to take her mum out for food).

new bike?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

tlw1 said:

new bike?
    Who, toyah?
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

Happy days

ah that new bike.

oooo - we like. top work.

Spec?
  • MattFalle
    as an aside, I'm sitting in a sports centre cafe eating chocolate muffins and drinking coffee whilst waiting for bambina to stop punching someone in the face, throat and genitals or what weirdshit she's up to tonight.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Betthecoffeeisshite as well.