monday just before noon's not a moment too soon, to drop in for a drink at the drones

'ning

gloomygrey continues

stroll up to dentist, cafe stroll, wfh, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work stuff, rather tired after a decent weekend. Cycling later and if I’ve got time a run
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    sungod said:

gloomygrey continues

Yep.

Did queenie strain her back carrying an MF to the memorial/

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Might be wearing all those silly heavy metal hat things that's given Brenda the aches?

First 100% pure Colombian of the day in progress. Gym sesh this morning. Off to see the Aussie Floyd in action this evening, first proper indoor gig event since... since the world changed.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    pinno said:

sungod said:

gloomygrey continues

Yep.

she tried to take out johnson with a ceremonial mace, but, out of condition, she suffered a twinge and missed, he got away with no more than a few bites from the corgis and courtiers
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pinno said:

sungod said:

gloomygrey continues

Yep.

at my age with my knees they just cart me everywhere in a barrow...
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    any how, steak pies, chocolate eclairs from the delush local French baker then doing some work with an FE college
  • pinno
    @SG: Re: thread title. Meow.
    I don't suppose living in that there Londinium you have been to see it?
    I saw 'Fools for love' at that really small theatre that I forget the name of and saw Juliette Lewis in the buff.
  • pinno
    Apollo IIRC. Martin Henderson - not very good. Juliette Lewis outclassed him.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    edited November 2021
    Got the morning off to visit a garden centre so the Mrs can buy some indoor plants and then sort some more stuff. I'm almost looking forward to working this afternoon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • This is getting ridiculous. It's 2 weeks till official start of summer... and today I drove through actual sleet and hail into town, middle of the day, at sea level. It was 4 deg C.

All for the joy of sitting in a car park. Actually, 2 different car parks. At least this is the final week of taxi duty for this round of treatment. Neurosurgeon today recommended having a few weeks off after this lot, and starting the new year with a fresh set of MRI scans and another major op to kick things off.

:/ Not sure if that was intended to be something to look forward to or not.

In other news, first attempt at machining a dovetail joint worked out ok. I've a few small projects to make and figured I'd try and make them as difficult as possible with some decorative joinery.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    I just went to the FE College to find out I was meant to be there next Monday.
  • Site meeting met, lunch consumed and now back to sift through some paper work.
    Might swim, might not.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    Fighting with powerpoint. gonna kickfuck out of it then smash with hammer, etc, etc, etc.
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Noon, been doing school visits this morning back in the office this afternoon to do some more reading. Preferred last year when there were no school visits meaning I just had to ride my bike into the office everyday. Footy later.
  • Oh and my mate snapped his Achilles last night playing football, it isn't looking good.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    bet that hurt. the only advise i can give is to wankit out

#ouch
  • I picked his work laptop up for him today and he showed it me, you can push a finger into the back of the ankle like there is nothing there :o
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Ouch!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tetley10

Oh and my mate snapped his Achilles last night playing football, it isn't looking good.

I'm looking forward to playing later, that's for sure. That's a long lay off and no mistake.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

I think my best has been 24 hours early.

Maybe they're just messing with your head: you'll turn up next Monday and they'll ask why you didn't show up today.
  • sungod
    MattFalle said:

Fighting with powerpoint. gonna kickfuck out of it then smash with hammer, etc, etc, etc.

pfft, that's nothing

today i passed a cafe, it had a sign offering "curated salad bowls"

there's not enough napalm in the world
  • sungod
    pinno said:

@SG: Re: thread title. Meow.
    I don't suppose living in that there Londinium you have been to see it?
    I saw 'Fools for love' at that really small theatre that I forget the name of and saw Juliette Lewis in the buff.

nope, i was referencing the book, other options never occurred to me

last week we saw private lives, in the sticks (richmond), had a box with proper seats and a bottle of bubbly, good art deco set, patricia hodge remained clothed throughout
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

I think my best has been 24 hours early.

Maybe they're just messing with your head: you'll turn up next Monday and they'll ask why you didn't show up today.
    i think you're right, in which case i shall burn their shittyFE college down and dance on the ashes.
  • MattFalle
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

pfft, that's nothing

best visit the establishment with a pick axe handle then.

• Stevo_666
    edited November 2021
    Now watching England play San Marino with a large glass of plonk after a long afternoon in the man cave. Mrs. 666 managed to break my favourite wine glass today so popped out and got a set of new ones that take 530 ml. 'I'm just having the one glass, dear' >:)
  • MattFalle
    man cave. you what?

ffs Stevo, its a spare room in a blindingly lovely house. fuckingman cave..
  • pinno
    edited November 2021
    530 ml?

Shurely not. I mean, that's barely 2 glasses out of 1 bottle.

Smashed my left thumb with a hammer. It's thore. Bloody thore. The nail is black. Bloody black.
    (Probably not as thore as an snapped Achilles tendon. Apparently, it's like a gun going off).

Had to unblock septic tank over flow.
    Just about to serve dinner and I said to Mrs P - it's pi$$ing down out there.
    No it wasn't, it is the damn ball coc.k on the main water reservoir not shutting off and water was pouring out of the overflow*. Another job for tomorrow. No more hitches please.

*At least that works.
  • pinno
    edited November 2021
    sungod said:

MattFalle said:

pfft, that's nothing

How about 'Cremated salad bowls' ?
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

man cave. you what?

ffs Stevo, its a spare room in a blindingly lovely house. fuckingman cave..

It ain't in the house MF, 'tis a converted garage so I reckon it's a cave. Oh yeah, here's that view from the man cave window that you asked for the other day.

• tetley10
    Bet the fella who got stuck in that welsh cave wished he could have looked at a view like that.